I Know You All, Want Someone to Care

Gravity

9 months ago at SOPA's dance studio

 

 

"YAH JUNG EUNWOO!" A furious Kyulkyung throws her sneaker at the black-haired girl's head. She's suprisingly strong. Those broad shoulders are not just for show. Eunwoo manages to dodge the fiery, white missile, only to trip on her shoelaces and land face first on the hard wooden floor. Droplets of blood begin to trickle down from the nostrils of a very red nose.

Kyulkyung covers with her hands. Her eyes begin to well, and with tears already beginning to rush down her pale cheeks, she runs to her best friend's side.

But Eunwoo was hunched over only because she was cackling her bruised head off. "Oh my god, Kyulkyung! I just freaking fell! On the ground! Not because--she has to gasp for air at this moment--not because! Of your stupid shoe! My! Shoes!" She can't speak anymore. She is gone.

Kyulkyung sits next to the incapacitated girl, not knowing whether to cry or to laugh. She ultimately settles with a pout and puppy eyes that would make any puppy feel incompetent in comparison. "I hate you so much, you know that right? This wouldn't have happened if you didn't make fun of me."

Eunwoo stops rolling on the ground. "Oh come on, you have to admit the way you said it was pretty freakin' funny. 'I wa sahm. You wa sahm.' And I tease you because I love you, you know that too, right?" She flips her hair and sends Kyulkyung one of her greasiest winks. 

Kyulkyung flips her hair in response, scoffs, and turns her back, but Eunwoo sees her back slightly shaking. It's the tell-tale sign that Kyulkyung's trying to surpress her laughter. This girl just does not know how to hide her emotions. She's an open book, the complete opposite of her. The complete opposite of Nayoung.

Eunwoo frowns. "Dude. We've been over this. Get over it already. It's already been four months since Kyulkyung cried to you about her feelings for Nayoung and wiped her gross snot all over your new sweater. You're her best friend. It's your job to support her."

How can she not want Kyulkyung to be happy? How can she not want to see that adorable scrunched-up-nose-smile everyday? Even if that smile isn't for her? 

The two were made for each other. They're truly each other's halves.

 

Fire and Water.

 

Earth and Air.

 

Yin and Yang.

 

Night and Day.

 

Nayoung is too serious. Her respect for authority borders on fear. Kyulkyung is what pushes her out of her comfort zone. She's someone that can lift Nayoung to heights she's always been too scared to reach.

Kyulkyung, on the other hand, is too selfless. She lives to please others. She doesn't know how to live for herself. Nayoung is what keeps Kyulkyung grounded. She's her rock that Kyulkyung can rely on to keep her feet steady.  

Who is Eunwoo then? Who is Eunwoo to Kyulkyung?

Eunwoo doesn't know. Eunwoo doesn't want to know.

Right now, she just wants to watch the person she loves dance.

Eunwoo is a talented singer. She could wear her Ryan pajamas and sing "Tears" in front of the president of South Korea and be completely nonchalant about it. She's one hell of a dancer too, but she can never be as confident in her dancing as Kyulkyung is in her's. 

Kyulkyung stands up and stretches her lithe limbs. She walks back to her laptop she had set on a table in the corner of the room. She presses play.

 

 

Zhou Jieqiong begins by moving her head slowly upwards until her bare, white neck is exposed. Her long, dark hair flows like a river behind her head and down her gracefully arched back. She takes one step forward, the muscles in her left leg tensing. Her arms swing forward. They stay poised in midair. The swan takes another step forward. The foot traces a crescent on the floor and floats gently down to her right side. The arms swing backward. The beauty lowers her head, and the dance begins.

I love you,

I can wait for you endlessly

When you come to find me

I can smile at you

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong makes her happy. Isn't that enough?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I didn't have the strongest idea of where I was going to go with this chapter, but man did this turn out alright. I was actually hurting a little bit writing this. Or was it my heart because of the lack of sleep? Anyway, here we see more of Eunwoo's thoughts. Hopefully you can see why Jieqiong and Nayoung love each other and why Eunwoo loves Jieqiong. Note that I stole the "I wa sahm" from Sungyeon from when she made fun of Yewon's lines "I want some. You want some." The lyrics near the end are from "Lost in Love" by Taeyeon and Tiffany AKA the song Eunwoo and Jieqiong always talk about wanting to sing together. 

Names carry a lot of power, a lot of meaning. Why did I use Jieqiong instead of Kyulkyung? ;). Sorry, this isn't a lit class.

The next chapter will shift back to the present day now!