Let's Not Pretend

Gravity

"Me. Focusing on studying so I can get a C on the final so I don't bomb the class. Nayoung's JUICY, succulent, HOTROD RED, oh so KISSABLE-"

"Are you really speaking in terms of a meme right, Jung Eunwoo? In front of my salad?"

Eunwoo and Yebin simultaneously let rip a heinous roar of laughter loud enough for those in the hallway to hear. They drop their spoons and pound their fists on their desks, ignoring Kyulkyung sitting in front of them turning as hotrod red as Nayoung's _______.

"Oh, come on guys! I'm really serious about this! If I don't pass pre-Calc I'm stuck with Mr. Choi for another year!" Kyulkyung whines to her best friends. She then pulls out a napkin from her lunchbox to wipe away the spit and crumbs fired by Jung and Kang. "Could you PLEASE finish chewing before talking?"

Eunwoo stops giggling to grab the back of her neck, tilt her head backward, and roll her eyes so far back that Kyulkyung and Yebin could see only the whites of her eyes. It's something she always does when she's exasperated, which happens often when she's with her friends. "If you're so serious about this, then why did you ask Nayoung unnie, of all people, to be your tutor. You know that you're just gonna to stare at her the whole time instead of memorizing the unit circle. You could've asked Sungyeon, our school's resident genius. She's a year younger than us, but she's already in Calc BC."

"Well, Nayoung unnie is really smart too. Plus, she's a great listener and she's always patient and she always smile at you even if you make a mistake." Kyulkyung stops in the middle of her run-on sentence to gaze down at her lunch with deer-in-headlights eyes. Her ears begin to look like a thermometer.

"She's a hopeless case, Nunu."

"I wholeheartedly concur, Rere."

"Seriously, Kyulkyung, just admit that you like her. Confess to her tonight. It'll just be you two alone, in her room, with a bed and blankets that smell like her honeysuckle perfume right next to you. You already asked her to be your private tutor. A confession is just a stone's throw away."

The thermometer rises.

"I can't! She's the student council president. How can I confess to someone as cool as her?"

Eunwoo places a thoughtful finger on her chin. "Hmmmmm, how can a cool unnie like Nayoung unnie like you, a mere underclassmen? She couldn't possibly have time for you since she's so busy being presidential and all. Oh wait, she does. Considering she said yes to being alone with you in her room."

Kyulkyung lets out a squeak of protest.

"She has to know that she's cute beyond words whenever she does that." Eunwoo thinks. "Crap. Abort. Stop thinnking about that. Kyulkyung likes Nayoung unnie you know you can't do anything about it. You'll never be-"

Eunwoo shakes her head vigorously, as if she could fling into space those thoughts she had repressed for so long.

"You okay, Eunwoo?" Yebin asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just shaking my head at this idiot I'm looking at right now. I mean, how can she not see how Nayoung unnie obviously likes her too."

"WHAT?!" Kyulkyung bolts right out of her seat. Her raven hair jumps in shock along with her.

"Why else would she say yes to your request? Why do her eyes always linger on you when you pass by each other in the hallways? Why does she smile as bright as Yewon does whenever you enter the room?" Yebin leans forward in her chair so that her arms rest on Kyulkyung's desk. The look in her eyes is dead serious.

Kyulkyung looks at Yebin and Eunwoo, shaking her head in disbelief. "Nayoung unnie would do that to anyone. She's nice like that."

Eunwoo grabs Kyulkyung's pale, quivering hand. The shaking almost immediately stops. She has that effect on Kyulkyung.

"Since the day you guys met, Nayoung unnie's been head over heels, Juju."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Here it is, the first chapter! Yes, there is a wonderful love triangle. Nunu likes Juju but Juju likes Nana and Nana likes her back. Angsty situation, but I promised there will be a happy ending! I don't know if you guys noticed, but I did my best to give each  character their own style of speech. Yebin has the most formal, Eunwoo the least, and Kyulkyung somewhere in between. Also, feel free to fill in the blank on what Nayoung's hotrod red thing is ;). Please tell me if I made any grammatical mistakes or if there's anything I need to edit and change. Thanks again for reading this fic made by one extremely sleep deprived soul!

Eunwoo was talking about this meme by the way:

https://imgur.com/msaT7wN