To Find The Words When You Can Not Find Them Yourself

Gravity

"Kyulkyung. KYULKYUNG. Look at me. Look me in my small eyes and tell me you really don't think Nayoung is crushing on you too." Eunwoo glares at the coward squiriming in seat.

"I-I j-j-just don't t-t-think. T-t-t-here's there's there's no way."

"Kyulkyung, you've always been the kind of person who loves others before they love themself. Well it's time for you to stop. You deserve to be loved too. You deserve all of the happiness in the world, and gosh dang it Nayoung unnie is the one who can make you happy."

"Nunu...that was actually pretty deep."

"Shut up, Kang. Don't ruin my motivational speech."

Eunwoo grips both of Kyulkyung's hands now. Those soft hands that always need to be held. Kyulkyung refuses to look at her. Her eyes stare downward at her now cold lunch. The salt from her tears drip onto the vegetables, making them wilt. The air in the classroom is tense. Yebin looks away from the pair locked in a silent battle only to look at the clock hanging above the chalkboard.

"Hey guys, lunch is over in three minutes."

No sooner did Yebin say this did Minkyung push the door to the classroom wide open. Her right arm was raised triumphantly above her head. Her left arm was locked around Kyungwon's neck, whose face was slowly turning as purple as her tie.

The tension was broken. Eunwoo snatched her hands away and Kyulkyung turned towards the window to wipe away her tears. Yebin practically flies out of her seat to hug Minkyung around her slim waist.

"Minkyung unnie! I'm so glad you're here. Please save me." the small girl cooed into Minkyung's shirt. Minkyung lowers her right hand to affectionately pat her underclassman on her head.

"I'm happy to see you too. It's only been twenty minutes since we saw each other. Come on, let's go, and bring Dumb and Dumber with you. We're going to be late for the assembly."

Eunwoo perks up at the mention of the assembly. She looks at Kyulkyung. 

"Look at how red her eyes are. Was I too tough on her? "

Kyulkyung shakes her head as if she could read Eunwoo's thoughts. She gives Eunwoo a small smile and mouths, "Let's go."


 

At SOPA's audtorium

 

Nayoung stands erect behind a wooden podium at the center of the stage. The lights in the room go dark. Only a single spotlight remains on the school council president. "Welcome, students of SOPA. This assembly was called to remind you all of a very special event that will be occurring here for one month, starting next week. We will be hosting a talent show, during which representatives of talent and entertainment agencies from all across South Korea will carefully watch and judge the contestants and then later decide who will become their potential trainees."

Murmurs of excitement and giggles fill the large room for a few seconds. Nayoung silently raises a hand, and peace is restored. She resumes her speech.

"I would like to thank all of those who decided to participate in this competition. Debuting can be said to be the biggest dream of an idol, and you have chosen to take the extra step to achieve this dream. I wish you all the very best of luck." Nayoung smiles and claps. The audience follows suit.

"Well said like always, prez." Eunwoo smiles too. Kyulkyung, sitting next to her, is of course enraptured by Nayoung. "Her eyes are gonna pop out of their sockets if she keeps staring that hard." Eunwoo could only laugh at Kyulkyung and playfully pat the girl's cheek.


 

5 hours later, in room 456, Dormitory C

 

"Alright, sweetie, do you have all of your supplies? Did you brush your teeth? Find the courage to tell Nayoung how you feel before she graduates and leaves you alone with us old crones?"

Kyulkyung rolls her eyes at Yebin's cheeky comments. "Yes, Mom. Of course I did, Mom."

Yebin places the back of one hand on her forehead while the other clutches her chest. She lets out an exaggerated gasp. "You actually found it?! My little baby is all grown up and about to save China."

Kyulkyung just grunts in response. "I'll see you guys later," she mumbles.

Eunwoo stands in front of the door. Her hand tightly clenches the doorknob. She clenches her teeth harder.

"Just tell me one more time, Kyulykung."

"Tell you what." Kyulkyung is slightly sulking.

"You know what."

"You're blocking my way."

"Obviously. But not that."

"Then what."

"You know."

"No, I don't know." Kyulkyung is now fully pouting.

Eunwoo tries to provoke her further. "That you're in love with a certain someone."

Kyulkyung immediately freezes up. "Who?"

"Her name starts with an N and ends with a g as in 'Gee why am I always such a coward.'"

Kyulkyung bristles at the word coward. "Stop it, Eunwoo."

"No."

Kyulkyung runs at Eunwoo and attempts to push her away from the door. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"NOT UNTIL YOU SAY IT." Eunwoo clenches her teeth harder, trying to fight back the tears that threatened to come out any second.

"FINE. FINE. I LIKE NAYOUNG UNNIE. EVER SINCE WE FIRST MET. I'VE ALWAYS LIKED HER. BUT SHE'LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE HER BECAUSE I'M A COWARD AND I'M SCARED OF BEING REJECTED AND-" Kyulkyung stops trying to fight Eunwoo. Her fists connect with air. She crumples up into a sobbing mess on the floor. Her tears soak Eunwoo's socks. Eunwoo falls on top of her. Her tears, too, begin to flow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you hear that Nayoung unnie?" came a muffled voice from behind the closed door. Yebin steps over Eunwoo's and Kyulkyung's tangled bodies to open the door. Standing there is Minkyung holding an extremely frightened Nayoung in place. Nayoung is trembling. Her bangs cover her eyes, but it is obvious from the choking sounds that escape from her pursed lips that she is crying.

Yebin glances down at Kyulkyung. "Did I mention that your date was coming over to pick you up?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:  Woo the longest chapter 1009 words. We had a lof things happen in this chapter. Minky and Kyungwon make their appearance, Yebin is adorable as always, a Mulan reference, and the long awaited confession. Sorry guys, I'm not good at writiing angst. There's only 3 or 4 chapters left so hang in there if you've made it this far. A part of, if not all, of the next chapter will feature Yebin's point of view.