ㅡ at midnight

Where Do We Go?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"."

 

This has been the third time Seungcheol spat the word out that morning. The clock blared a strong 6:15 am from across the kitchen, searing the numbers behind his eyelids in great amounts of jabbing pain and he let go of the knife he was holding before he rubbed his face with his palms.

 

He didn't get enough shut eye that night. Hell, he didn't get any of it because he could clearly hear Jeonghan sobbing inside their room, hushed but he could still hear enough to confirm that the younger had been muffling it out.

 

Seungcheol, for anything, is not mad; not even half of it. He's just really frustrated and the surge of emotions got to him that night. He regrets what he said but he also thought that if Jeonghan keeps suggesting a breakup everytime they fight, then maybe he really wanted it. So willing all the courage he had, he gave him what he thought was for the better.

 

At least, he's convincing himself. If they were to go their separate ways, he'll start reminding his head that Jeonghan is not his anymore, so he didn't move any further that night; didn't take the chance to hush the younger's sobs or make him feel any better.

 

He grabbed the knife again in an attempt to make a decent breakfast for the third time around, slicing some ingredients for an omelette.

 

Maybe he can pack all his things up today and stay at Mingyu's for a while.

 

"Good morning, baby," came Jeonghan's groggy voice from behind, clearly still half asleep and unaware of what he was doing. This made Seungcheol flinch. Very awkward.

 

With his wandering mind, the knife slipped just enough to make a small cut on his finger. "." Again.

 

Jeonghan stilled, hair sticking out in different ways and eyes very puffed and bloodshot. He looks like a mess, Seungcheol thought, but he was my mess.. once.

 

"What the , you ing idiot?" Jeonghan darted toward him and Seungcheol braced himself for the rage. Maybe this was his late tantrum for what had happened last night and he suddenly got scared at the presence of a knife in vicinity. But instead of something violent, a hand gripped around his wrist and soft lips wrapped around his finger that was bleeding, out the blood on it. "What did I tell you about keeping out of the kitchen? You never listen to me!"

 

"I was just making myself some breakfast," he accentuated that certain word enough for Jeonghan to realize what was happening and what he just did.

 

Silently the blond stepped back, letting go of the other's hand, and some emotion quivered in the back of his eyes as if everything has just finally dawned on him. Right, they broke up. "Uh.. yeah, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. Continue what you w-we-"

 

Seungcheol's chest clenched at the look on Jeonghan's face, "Jeonghan.."

 

"I'll head back to sleep, Seungcheol," Jeonghan's voice was suddenly stable this time and this made Seungcheol's brows knit together. "My head hurts."

 

"Jeonghan," he called out yet again, trying to console the younger. "Do you want me to make you breakfast?" He was really trying his best to make their situation better.

 

"No, I'm good. Besides, Seungkwan is coming over later so suit yourself." Jeonghan's shoulders trembled.

 

Seungcheol could only sigh as he watched him tread back to their room.

 

*

 

It was high noon when the doorbell rang five times, consecutively, as if a kid decided to play a prank on them but knowing any better that Jeonghan isn't the type to get out of bed to open it, Seungcheol took the initiative.

 

"Hyung!" Seungkwan was the first one to throw his arms around Seungcheol and if it wasn't for his leg strength, he could've toppled back, the kid on top of him.

 

And then, Minghao, Junhui, Hansol.. it was a skip to realize that everyone was suddenly inside his apartment.. well, except for Joshua, when it's really hard to gather all his friends everytime they hang out.

 

Soonyoung was the last to join in, shaking everyone's hand and greeting them a good noon as Seungcheol closed the door from behind.

 

"Why is Soonyoung drunk this early?" The oldest didn't need to turn around to detect Jeonghan's voice from the living room. God, he will miss that voice.

 

The bunch, surprisingly, settled themselves in front of the television, tuned into what looks like a TV series entitled "Grey's Anatomy" as what Seungcheol remembered. His gaze flitted to Jeonghan squished between Mingyu and Soonyoung, who was playing with his hair and still very drunk.

 

"Jihoon hyung rejected Soonyoung hyung the fifth time today." It was Chan w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter