What if I deserved it?

The Water God, Habaek | ChanBaek [ON-HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Habaek 

Ⓣhe god approached the three men that roared with laughter amongst themselves as they kept their attention focused on the lying male on the ground. He stood right behind them, laying his hand on the back of the middle one who was the biggest, and focused on his powers that swirled inside of his body to his arm, and onto his palm.

The biggest man suddenly stopped laughing, making the other two glance at him curiously - they dropped his jaws as the man suddenly fell onto the ground, revealing the smaller male behind him.

“What the - “ one of them said.

“ - hell?” the other finished.

They both stared at the new approaching character, not realising what had happened before he went for his second victim, causing the men to scream and yell in their high pitched voices like females.

“What the hell are you?” the last one cried, waiting for him to receive the same fate as his two other mates.

“Nothing you need to worry about,” Habaek muttered dangerously, “you’ll forget soon anyways.” With just one single punch to the face, the last male fell unconscious, and all three of them lay still on the ground.

The scared male was still curled up defensive on the hard pavement, not daring to raise up his head. The god was debating with himself whether to approach him and help him get home safely or trying to convince himself he’d find his home alone.

For some reason, the first thought won him over, and he carefully took some steps closer to the turtle-like human.

“Hello?” he asked, “are you okay?”

“Please,” the male suddenly spoke, although he remained in the same position, “please don’t hurt me.”

Habaek frowned at the human. “I don’t know if you’ve realised, but I just saved you.”

The male slowly but steadily rose up his head, searching for the speaking man. He spotted the man hovering over him, and then the three previous men he had encountered on the ground, lifeless. “Are they…?”

“Dead?” he finished for him, “no. I don’t kill humans.”

“What - “ he didn’t bother to finish what he was going to say. “Why did you do it?”

“Save you?” Habaek asked, “because you were in trouble, and it was an unfair fight.”

The human finally got the courage to stand up, and that’s when the god realised just how tall he was, and injured. “What if I deserved it?” he suddenly said, looking sad with his gaze as he barely met the inhuman one’s, “what if I was the bad person?”

“I took my chance,” Habaek said hesitantly before giving out a sigh. “It’s not like I’m a mind-reader.”

The human fixed his eyes at him for the first time. “You may think you just saved a life, but I think you just ruined one’s.” He started walking and passed the god, bumping into him slightly on the shoulder. He was limping, but by his attitude, the god just gave him a glare before he let him disappear and go on his own way - or rather that’s what he wanted to do, but he somehow ended up following the human until he’d be someplace safe.

 

 

Chanyeol 

The male limped into his dorm room, careful not to bump into any professors or school nurses on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter