SPECIAL ⚝ Things You All Want To See More!

⚝Spectacular Cupcake!

There are some things out there that we haven't seen much that could be interesting to contribute to!

Ayo Power Peeps! Hope you are all doing nice on whatever day it is that you are viewing this.

So, earlier today (today as in when this chapter is going out of course) I put out both a blog post and a discussion post asking peeps a question, and that question was basically along the lines of this:

What are some things you don’t see much in stories that you would like to have more of?

I’m always scoping around the social section on the daily, or at least whenever I’m on AFF, and I see all the types of things other peeps say, bring up, and ask whenever it comes to the contents that we all find in the many different stories that can be found by the community. Eventually those posts disappear into the great beyond when new ones get made, possibly never to be seen again. So, what better to do than create a chapter dedicated to all those things, specifically being about the stuff that peeps want to see more of.

Like I said, this is not just about me contributing, it’s also about all of us putting our thoughts forward.

So, here on this page, you’ll find all the different types of things your fellow AFF users (including me) would like to see pop up more in stories. Maybe you might be the person to do so, including any or a bunch of these things into one single story! Or, again, finding some kind of inspiration that will pull you into the right direction!

YeojaUiMongsang (Me!)

  • [Coming soon]

MissMinew

  • Well, established relationships for a starter. Those are one my faves.
  • Something that really is close to my heart is more trans-characters. I also love seeing non-binary characters but trans-characters are even rarer than nb babes and I really wish there were more. I know I haven't made the biggest contribution but I'm hoping to. One day.
  • Aual characters are also something I want more of. Because love doesn't have to co-relate with ual attraction and it'd be really great, yeah... (a fic like "that dude is so hot everybody wants to bone him but i just don't get it???" would be great).
  • Something I understand the lack of but really wish people would consider is homophobia. I understand the hurt it causes, I truly do. But if one is writing a realistic story where /something/ is tearing the mains apart, consider homophobia. If you're writing a story with an family, instead of the alcoholic abusive parent, consider homophobia. I know it may not work for your story but ... yeah... I can wish.
  • This is something that literally goes against everything I stand for, but more straight people in stories that have a gay main couple. I know gays often have other gay friends but you know what they also have? Straight friends. Yeah, that diversity would be good...
  • Ok, new point: y women that aren't shamed. Women with a uality. Women that aren't afraid of their bodies. Women that go out to score. Women that do one night stands (one night stands in general). Women that dress in short bodycon dresses and aren't shamed. Oh my god, this is just ... frustrating. I want female leads who are strong, independent and feminine. None of those traditionally masculine traits, no tomboys.

damnationSUruck

  • Bromance fics! Like seriously, I want to read a story about a close group of friends that doesn't involve weirdly misleading physical gestures and all that. Just straight up, realistic guy best friendship.
  • It'd be cool to see a fic set in the 80's too. You know, suburban neighbourhoods, skater kids into pixel video games, garage bands, flannel shirts, hanging at the bowling alley, that kind of stuff.
  • Rural towns are also great to read about. I love the vibes from them in slice of life stories!

istj

  • With gang AU's I rarely see a bad ending... i mean yeah the leads get separated or whatever but the end they always get together like everything's peachy or something.

undergroundmuses

  • Healthy relationships between the main character and their parents. I often see strangled relationships b/w a character and their parents and while that's fine (I mean it DOES happen irl), it's also nice to see a child and parent who care for each other and communicate with each other. Or even doting parents; lots of characters seem to have parents who treat them like or don't talk to them at all. What about super loving parents who are maybe even overbearing? that's cute imo
  • Platonic relationships between male and female characters - I don't think I need to expand on this. but just more of this. please.
  • Female friendships! I'm a SUKCER for female friendships, srsly, I think as an author, that's something that I will ALWAYS put into my work and something I'd LOVE to see more of. I've noticed that in OC fics, that the main oc will always have a female best friend but that best friend isn't really a best friend. Just a character there to show that the oc has friends or sometimes even to move the plot along (aka friend teases oc about having crush on love interest or friend sets them up etc.) I want to see fleshed out female best friends who don't spend all their time talking about boys and who fight and just ugh. I love female friendship! ! ! !

-heibai

  • I agree with the points raised (esp parents, female friendship, straight friends, different ualities, etc)
  • Biual characters that's written nicely. Or just a story about your normal ol' biual next door. I rarely see them and even if it's there it's written in a really weird way...
  • Honestly i think this can't be said often enough but yes for a present parents like pls especially if the story is highschool or university au. I mean I sort of understand this missing aspect because when I wrote things when I was younger, I never really cared much about the parental aspect because 'screw u mom and dad i know everything'. but however cheesy this sounds, the more I grow, the more I can understand and appreciate a parent's role in a person's life and so i've been incorporating this aspect more and more to my story LOL.
  • A portrayal of highschool that doesn't fall into 'bully town' or something like that. I do know that bullying happens but honestly give me a school setting that's more realistic where the kids are just stressed by schoolwork and hate their teacher 200% (but maybe this is just me coming from a different school culture)

Ya know, already I see some stuff that I myself would want to do or have stories which already involve these things in them! Honestly, I like being a helpful person, and writing stories containing content that others want to see is something I very much want to do and enjoy the thought of doing. So, you can most definitely catch me in the future writing stories covering some of these topics.

What about you guys? See anything you like and want as well? Why not take on the challenge of writing them then!

And, if you have any of your own – things you barely see in stories or that you feel don’t get enough love or justice and want to see more of it – anything, anything at all, whether it be about types of characters, relationships, or plot dynamics, let me know and I’ll add it up here for everyone to see!