Chapter one

Venefica (On hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She always knew that she wasn't like other people, as humans wouldn't particularly consider moving objects telepathically normal. It started when she went to school one day, then one kid took her book to , she was late for her class, so she chased after him, and when she got too frustrated, the book moved on its own, and into her own hands.

Funny how humans can hate unfamiliar things, ever since they know she was a witch, the kids started avoiding her more often, their parents would look at her like she has a contagious disease. She couldn't blame them, though. Were she normal, she would be scared, too.. 

But she was never bothered, as her mother always told her that she's special. She never needed friends, anyway.

When she started going to high school, she had a dream of studying witchcraft, she thought it was smart to use her special ability as a career, and even though people weren't very fond of her kind, they needed people like her, they needed house wards, and guarding spells. Nobody was safe from vampires, after all.

Unfortunately, no one in her family was known for witchcraft, as her mother also told her. She has always wondered why she had these exceptional powers. Weren't these abilities supposed to be inherited? 

There wasn't anyone she knew who could answer these questions, but soon, she thought, soon she'd know everything she wanted, and even more. 

Her parents supported her dreams, they wanted their daughter to pursue her passion, even though people involved in witchcraft were more targeted by vampires, than others, but they believed in her, and hoped that she'll be powerful enough to protect herself.

And their support was shown, when they gave her a spell book for her birthday, so she can practice, and gain some knowledge before going away to train. She didn't get any sleep that night, reading everything the book offered carefully.

She also had a younger brother, Raehyun. He was always fascinated by his older sister, always looking up to her, and she would show him little tricks to entertain him. He wanted to be a hunter. There was one who came to my class today, and he was so cool! He said. He also said that they would work together; she would give him the spells he needed to protect himself, so he can keep any vampires away from her, and their parents. She always laughed, and ruffled his hair, calling him her little hero.

Life seemed peaceful for her one way, or another.
    
Four yeas ago:

The older vampires were always the worst; they were hard to find, even harder to kill. No one encountered an old vampire, and stayed alive to tell the tale. Even the most experienced hunters feared them.

So, when rumors started that an old vampire roamed the street which she lived in, her parents took extra precautions to ensure their safety. Of course everyone knew that a vampire can't enter your house unless you invite them yourself, but you can't be careless around old vampires, since humans know so little about them. About vampires in general.

One day, Raehee decided to go to the town next to hers, to visit the library there. The library was huge, and it had too many useful books about witchcraft. It was a great chance, too, because if it got late while she is there, she could always stay at her aunt's house, it was close to the library.

Her mother made sure that she took everything she needed; she also had an amulet to warn her about near vampires. She was ready to go.

The ride to the next town wasn't long, it was about two hours by bus, but she went early just to be safe. The library was huge, it was owned by a nice old man, he told her that many great wizards, witches, sorcerers and sorceress came here to gain knowledge from these books, he also told her that she could be a great witch, if she practiced more with these books. He might have said that to get her to buy the books, but either way, she believed him.

Getting lost in the books wasn't hard, she has always loved learning new things, She turned from one book to another, drinking all the information in, the place was almost empty, and very quiet. She didn't interact with anyone, but she noticed the people who seemed familiar with the place. She didn't get to see many magic-users.

She was only sixteen, and there's so much a girl who lived in a small town surrounded by vampires could see, that's why it was always fascinating to travel, even if it's the next small town. So, to her seeing something as simple as an ancient spell book amazed her.

But what she saw that day was truly amazing.

A woman walked into the library, she looked in her mid twenties, and Raehee could guess that she's a witch –it was obvious, really. But her aura, her aura was something Raehee never felt before. So powerful, so old.

The witch looked around her, but she knew where she was heading, she grabbed a book that looked old, and had a red leather cover. It didn't have a title that caught Raehee's attention.

The witch probably sensed someone watching her; she looked up, and looked straight into Raehee's eyes.

"You're a very young witch." She stated, matter-of-factly. "Interesting."

I didn't know how to respond.

"We will meet again." She smiled knowingly. "Remember the name Zendya."

The witch walked to the counter, purchased the book, and then left without sparing Raehee a glance.

Raehee was confused, but she didn't want to think too much about it, but the words swam in her head against her will.

We will meet again.

Remember the name Zendya.

Zendya.

Raehee looked into her watch, and realized that it's half an hour left till sunset, she couldn't make it back home, so she was glad she came prepared.

She decided to purchase something later, before going home. She couldn't risk staying here any longer, it might get too dark.

She bid the owner goodbye, heading to her aunt's house.

***

The house was quiet, Raehyun was sound asleep. His parents locked the doors and the windows, and then went to bed, too.

It was a normal evening until Raehyun woke up suddenly in the middle of the night.

The boy went to drink a glass of water, when he felt a slight prickle at the house wards. He got slightly worried, but he calmed himself and thought it must be a vampire passing by, he can't hurt him.

Then, he straightened up, and told himself that he's a future hunter, he can't be afraid of a random vampire.

He washed his glass, and went into his bedroom. He tried to go back to sleep, but it was hard. The prickle was there –faint but there. He wanted to ignore it, he tried to ignore it.

He couldn't, though. Because there was suddenly a loud cry piercing through the air. Raehyun froze; the sound was too clear, too close, too near. He wondered how his parents didn't wake up.

There was a strong pull to see what was happening, maybe if he opened the curtains a little bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter