three

Maybe, this time

Chapter 3

 

It’s been three days. Three days of transferring our things, making sure everything is okay, and starting work by doing consultations and making rounds. And today is the day where we’ll be introduced properly to the neurology department’s residents, head physicians and of course the CEO and his executive will also be making their appearance.

 

Actually, I already have an idea who our current CEO is. Only a baby or a fool would not know the only heir of Im group of hospitals and pharmaceuticals or better known as Im Empire. His name is Im Jae-bum and not only you’ll see his face in television but also in radios, magazine, posters and newspapers. He’s a very busy person I must say that’s why you’ll rarely see him in the hospital and did I mention he’s also a doctor well, a very skillful one, that is why patients flock to get an appointment with him.

 

With the thoughts I had in my mind and the water I have in my hand, I didn’t notice that someone was already behind me to whom I already spilled its contents

 

“oh, ! I’m sorry”

 

“what do you think you’re doing” as I looked from the spilled water on this arm to the face that took my breath away.

 

“I’m really, really sorry Dr. Im, I—”as I tried to clean away the water hurriedly using the handkerchief that I have. Looking at his face, I can see that he looks displeased.

 

“Stop” he said filmy, “what do you think you’re doing” he repeated

 

“I spaced – out for a moment Dr. Im, I’m sorry I didn’t notice”

 

“Are you a resident, a volunteer, or a newly graduate perhaps?”

 

“No, I already speciali--“ “Then stop spacing out. Doctors can’t space-out because we handle life and this life depends on us. If we space out, even for a second, it’s already a matter of life and death. Do you understand?”

 

I bowed my head in embarrassment “yes, I understand. I’m really sorry” feeling my face flush up having to meet him in this kind of situation.

 

“This hospital does not need doctors that are lazy, lousy and clumsy. The entrance door is wide open and anyone is free to go out and never comeback” he splatted, never missing that disapproved face while he got out of the doctor’s pantry lounge.

 

 

~~”~~

 

“Where did you go jaebum” I looked up and saw Dr. Tuan or Mark as his close friends call him, said.

 

“I went to the pantry to get some water. Some junior knocked out his water on me” I said while trying to get the stain of the water get absorbed by the handkerchief in my arm, realizing I never got to return it to the junior again.

 

“Well, the staff at the Neurology department are ready. The head said he might introduced the transferees he got from Busan.”

 

“Really? Alright, let’s go then”

 

 

~~’’~~

 

 

“Good morning everyone, we are gather to welcome our newly transferred doctors and residents from Busan General Hospital please give them a welcome applause” as the assistant head of the neurology department said.

 

We were given a cue to stand up and bow, as we are seated on the first row of the conference room. At the stage seated is the CEO and international doctors, that gave their time to welcome us.

 

I can already feel the judging stares of the different physicians, well what do you expect, to be transferred here in a blink of an eye. I was able to briefly scan the faces in front and behind me but then Jinyoung-hyung nudged me and whispered “yah youngjae-ah this is really embarrassing. Dr. Tuan is at the stage though.”

 

On cue, I look at the stage and found Dr. Tuan staring directly at us, no expression at all. And beside him, you guessed it, Dr. Im with his also serious face.

 

Then I heard the assistant head saying jinyoung-hyung’s name which I turned my attention to, “so on the left we have Dr. Park Jin-young, who was one of the head doctors of BGH Neurology department” in which jinyoung hyung bowed in return.

 

“Next to him is Dr. Choi Youngjae, specialized in cancer treatment and is now taking a lead to specialize in neurology” where I bowed in return towards my sunbae and hoobaes alike, even though we had a higher position back in our hospital but in here we had to start from the bottom.

 

He then continued to introduce the residents that came with us. As the time went by, he presented the different statistics of the Neuro Dept., the positive, negatives, improvements made and things that also needs to be improved. We learned that this was one of the monthly scrutiny that is why the CEO was also here.

 

“That is all, thank you. If anyone has any comments or suggestions feel free to raise them.” Looking up and realizing that the asst. head has finished his reports. He was looking at us seriously but then I have to bite my cheeks when I got to see the face of the different doctors on stage. One or two was looking really sleepy, the rest was not really listening but some were busy listening and reading the monthly review and one of them was the CEO.

 

 

 

~~"~~

Hello! Thank you for reading this chapter *cheers*

I hope to see you again on the next

Feel free to leave comments, they really make me happy :)