two

Maybe, this time

Chapter 2

 

“a transfer?! “I said as I look at jinyoung-hyung’s face with the equivalent shock. I am happy but I can’t believe that this transfer will lead me to go to Korea’s most advance, future-oriented, level four Hospital, Seoul Medical Center. I mean I love the hospital I’m currently in but its currently a level two and still on the process of becoming a level three, while Seoul Medical Center, it has the most advance facility a hospital can have, professional doctors who are known worldwide came from that hospital and only an elite can be admitted because one admission causes a fortune but with the excellent prognosis one is willing to cost that much.

 

“yes, a transfer. SMC is in need of doctors who are not only knowledgeable but also a skillful one. And the two of you together with two other residents are qualified in that area.” the head of Busan General Hospital, seated across us, said.

 

“but what about the seniors who had much more working experience than us, I mean wouldn’t it be unfair for them” jinyoung-hyung ask and I agreed with him. I think it would be unfair if we got picked because the head is jinyoung’s uncle and he just favored us to be transferred since it had been jinyoung-hyung’s wish to work with the renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Yi-en Tuan.

 

“I already called for a meeting yesterday and they already agreed to let the four of you be transferred there. It is also said that the two of you are most eligible enough to work there. So, I hope you agree at this request.”

 

“what do you say youngjae?” “I’m alright with it”

 

“Then I guest its settled then, it was nice working with two such hardworking doctors though it was hard to let the both of you go with all your potentials but I hope your transfer to SMC will enhance your knowledge and skills”

 

“thank you, uncle”

 

“thank you, Dr. Seo”

 

 

2 weeks later

 

“Welcome to Seoul Medical Center, I am Secretary Kim Bo Sun and I am here to show you the areas and fields SMC has to offer. Welcome Dr. Choi Youngjae, Dr. Park Jinyoung and residents Kim Yugyeom and Kunpimook Bhuwakul” As he greeted us one by one and started to tour us around the area. We got toured first at the ground floor were emergency department and out- patient department lies. Second floor was divided for the Ob-gyne, Operating rooms and rehabilitative facilities. While the third floor lies other departments, the fourth and fifth are levels where other doctors sleep-in in case of overtime and for executives respectively.

 

“In here we have the offices of department heads and our CEO who is currently attending a very important client in Macau. I guess introductions with him will be postponed”

 

“In which department would we be assigned?” I ask the secretary.

 

“As I can recall, the four of you will be assign to the neuro department where our best doctors are assigned to. So, I hope you won’t let us down”

 

“Really?!!”

 

“Jinyoung hyung!” though I’m really happy for him since he will have the chance to work with his ultimate crush.

 

“is Dr. Tuan going to be here?” I heard Kunpimook, or Bambam as we call him, ask.

 

“Yah! Don’t steal him from me”

 

“But Doccc” whined bambam

 

“Stop it will you, the both of you. It’s really embarrassing, the secretary is still here”

 

“It’s alright Dr. Choi it’s not the first time I have heard such adoration from our doctors, even the nurses, to our Dr. Tuan. Don’t worry you’ll meet him soon.”

 

“Asa!” both jinyoung-hyung and bambam exclaimed

 

“how about we go for coffee”

 

 

 

--"--

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy

see you on the next one