four; that call

school love

I packed my stuff quicklier than usual and when I was about to cross the door, Nayoung stopped me by grabbing my arm.

“Nunu, what’s up?” she asked me, looking at my eyes, I knew this moment would come the time I spitted those words out of my mouth earlier today, I hated being lied to and that’s what I did to one of my best friends, it was horrible and I couldn’t do it again. She had her arms crossed and was waiting for me to answer her question.

“Nana, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to lie to you earlier, I dind’t knew what was really going on with me.”

“It’s okay, I’m glad you have been honest this time. If you don’t want to tell me yet, it’s fine, you know I got your back, right?”

She hugged me as she finished speaking, those were the exact words I needed to hear right now. Nayoung was always taking care of everyone that mattered to her, she was really good at reassuring people and was one of the most down to earth people I thankfully got to meet. I was really lucky to have her as one of my closests friends.

We both walked home together, we didn’t lived as close as we had liked to. Yewon couldn’t join us today on our way back home since she had to do the enrollment for extra activities. Nayoung joined this year the athletics team where as I was asked to join the drama club. I didn’t think about it twice, I wanted to major in drama at university and it felt like this was my call. Drama club was three days a week whereas extra classes for younger students were the other two. I was hoping to get more extra points for my GPA doing all these activities.

I got home and I decided to nap for a bit before doing my homework, I usually used to do it the other way around but since I still wasn’t feeling okay I decided to change my plans. Some noise in my room woke me up, it didn’t felt like I slept that much. I figured out it was my phone ringing, the screen displayed and uknown number, I usually don’t pick up those kinds of numbers but for some reason I did this time.

“Yes?” My voice sounded off as I still was sleepy.

“Eunwoo?” It’s me, Kyulkyung from class.

I was shocked. I looked at the screen, am I dreaming? I asked myself. How did she get my number?

“Hello?”

“Yeah I’m still here, what’s up?

“I forgot my agenda at class, can you tell me what do we have for homework?

“Of course, hold on”

I told her what she was looking for, I was debating myself whether asking her about how she got my number or not. When we were about to hang up she answered my dilemma for me.

“You might be wondering how I got your number, it’s kind of weird right?she giggled— our teacher gave my some classmate’s numbers so I could blend myself in more or ask for help.”

“It’s okay—I answered— glad I could have helped you!”

And then the conversation was over. My mood got lifted up after it, I couldn’t lie about it. I decided to do my homework finally and maybe when it gets done I will call either Nayoung or Yewon. When I finished the last essay it was almost half past seven, I decided to call Nana at the end, she would probably pick up sooner at this time rather than Yewon.

“Nunu-ya!— are you doing better now?”

“Can you talk now?”

“I will put the speaker, I’m making dinner right now”

“I got a call earlier in the afternoon, it was Kyulkyung”

“No way!” she answered just as surprised as I was before.

“What was that all about?” Nayoung asked.

“She forgot her agenda so she wanted to tell me the homework we had for the day”

“I see, how did she managed to get your number?”

“Our teacher gave it to her, without asking me first though, but it’s okay, she is nice.”

We went through her day after I finished talking about that call, but we couldn’t talk for longer since her parents just came home and wanted to have dinner. I hung up and went downstairs to have dinner with mine.