three; bad news

school love

I saw Nayoung looking everywhere clueless trying to find us, I got up and waved at her so she knew where were we. She finally joined us and came back with our lunch.

“Thank you!” Yewon and I said at the same time.

“Did I miss something while I was in the queue?” she asked looking at us both.

“She is classmates with Yebin and Minkyung…” I answered.

“Oh that’s bad, I’m sorry” Nayoung told her.

“There’s nothing I can do” she shrugged.

I wasn’t paying total attention to their conversation since something got me distracted. There were a big amount of people surrounding just one table, it seemed like something was going on there and I wanted to know what was it.

“Girls, look over there” I said while pointing at that one table across the room.

They turned around a watched what was going on where I pointed.

“Is there a fight?”

“Shall we take a look?” Yewon asked right after Nayoung finished her question.

The three of us knew the answer when we looked into each other’s eyes, we picked up our things and we walked towards that table. We stood there for a few seconds but suddenly, Nayoung held my hand and Yewon’s getting us into the crowd as soon as she saw a free spot. There was not fight anywhere, it was the table where Kyulkyung was sitting. Everyone was either asking her questions or giving her compliments. Her beauty was honestly out of this world, it was nothing but mesmerising and captivating. It wasn’t that long when reality hit me and I saw who she was sharing table with, and it was none other than Minkyung and Yebin. I felt sick in my stomach just looking at those two being so friendly with her, it looked like they known each other for years. Minkyung had her arm around Kyulkyung’s shoulder whereas Yebin had her hand placed on her thigh. I felt like everything was crumbling down everytime I looked at them, but there was nothing at all to crumble down, is it?

I couldn’t bear this odd pain I felt inside anymore, I got rid of Nayoung’s grip as I could and I ran away the fastest I was able to. 

When I got to the stairs in the main area I sat there and luckily there was nobody around. I really felt the need to be alone this time for a while, I didn’t knew what was going on with me today, I knew there was something wrong with myself. I checked the time on my pone, there was only 5 minutes of break time left. I sighed.

Some noise was coming from the other side of the hallway, a shaken Nayoung and a tired Yewon appeared, running towards me.

“What happe—she took a deep breath before she could finish her question— happened?” Yewon asked.

Her face was blushed due to the physical effort she has just done, Nayoung’s voice was shaky although she rested a bit before speaking.

“Are you okay? You just dissapeared in front of our eyes and we couldn’t find you!” she was upset, you could tell that If you paid enough attention to her tone and watched her facial expressions.

“I think I got food posioned, that’s it, sorry I really felt like I had to rush to the toilets.” I made up that version and I felt awful afterwards, I don’t usually lie but I didn’t wanted them to worry about me, since I didn’t even knew what was actually wrong with me to start. I was aware about how Nayoung wouldn’t buy my story, but I guess I will worry about it later on. The bell rang and we got into our respectives classrooms. We have only three more classes today and then go home. I was really feeling moody but I tried to push those negatives thoughts away and focus on the lesson.

I was writting the essay that the teacher made us do when I felt someone patting my back, I turned around and saw Kyulkyung. I gulped. I forgot she was the one sitting right behind me.

“Eunwoo, is it right?” she asked offering a smile.

I nodded and smiled right back at her. I was surprised she knew my name somehow and that made me feel better.

“My pen ran out of ink…would you mind lending me one please?

“Sure, pick whichever you want” I replied offering her various ballpens I owned. My hands were sweaty, when she tried to pick one of the pens I was holding I accidentally dropped all of them. That was real lame, I thought to myself. When I tried to get them she also reached for them causing our hands to touch. We stared at each other’s eyes, our hands moved away. She was holding the pens and when I went back to my place I hit myself with her table.

“Are you okay?!” she asked showing some concern.

“Yes don’t worry, thank you” I replied while touching my head, I bet a bump would appear soon.

“Sorry for throwing your stuff” she apologized even though we both knew it was my fault.