ten; the slumber party

school love

It was already that time of the year and Chuseok has arrived, school aways gave us a long weekend in this season so I decided to invite Nayoung and have a sleep over at my place. I rang Yewon before but she told she won’t be able to attend to the slumber party since she has a family meeting in Ilsan. I told my parents she was going to stay with us for the long weekend and they're were totally okay with it, they loved Nayoung as if it was their child. My clock just ticked the hour, it was 11.00 am and I thought getting my homework done was the best I could do. When I was almost done, my phone buzzed on my desk and I picked it up. It was Siyeon. She usually never texts me and when she did it was about homework. I also gave my number to Kyla too, it seemed the right thing to do if they needed help and it wasn’t tutoring class. But the message this time wasn’t about any of that.

“Eunwoo I know this might be weird but, do you know this girl that goes by the name of Kyungwon?”

I had to look twice at the phone screen to see if I read it properly.

“Yes I do, why were you wondering so?

“Oh, nothing at all, thanks”

I was more confused now than when I first got her text, I locked my phone and kept doing the last essay I had left.

After having lunch with my mother, I got ready to go shopping and get all the supplies we were going to need, I walked to the closest convenience store, I usually frequent this place maybe way too much, almost all the cashiers know me by now.

I stroll through a few aisles but I changed my mind and decided to head first to the food section. I grabbed some noodle pots, candy and finally a couple bubble tea cups. I thought we would be okay with that, and if we needed anything else I will come by again. I went to the cash register, the cashier, a boy that works here half-time and I used to go to middle school with, went through the products and asked me:

“Are you throwing one of these weird tea parties?”

“I’m fact it’s a slumber one”

He nodded and after I left the shop, Nayoung texted me she was coming earlier than expected if it was alright.

“Sure thing” I wrote back.

My parents invited both of us to have dinner downstairs with them, but we both declined since we rather have the snacks we got ourselves in my room. We were already in our pyjamas just in case we would fall asleep in the middle of the night although it didn’t seem much likely to happen. By nine there was barely any food left, I couldn’t belive we have almost finished everything by now.

“I forgot to ask you before, but it’s everything okay now with Kyulkyung?”

“Indeed, it was just a misunderstanding”

I really wanted to tell her how do I feel towards Kyulkyung, she was my best friend and I knew she would support me no matter what, that’s how Nayoung is, she is so understanding and gives great advice. I hate lying since I wouldn’t like being lied to by someone I do appreciate, I felt the urge to get my feelings finally out of my chest, it looks like the best opportunity to do so too. I gathered all the courage I had on my body, I gulped before I started to speak.

“There’s something else Nana…”

“Tell me, I’m listening” she replied while she was petting my shoulder.

“I…I’m into her, it just happened.” At first I was stuttering as I spoke but I ended up crying, Nayoung wiped my tears once again and hugged me tightly.

“I saw that coming, the chemistry between you two is undeniable, I’ll support you Eunwoo, you don’t have to be worried about that.”

“You don’t even know how thankful I’m to have you in my life as my best friend, I mean it.”

“Stop it Nunu you’re going to make me blush” she hit me on the arm.

“Also, can you keep it as a secret? I’ll tell Yewon when I have the chance to.”

“Noted.”