Yellow

Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A woman entered a street that was so familiar in her eyes. With the smell of alcohol emerging from the guys drinking outside and smokes from the cigarettes that's coming from different directions, It was definitely the place where all the memories from her teenage years were made. The street is a bit dark and scary, lots of accidents and crimes also occured there that's why without a choice, eunji first learned how to fight in that place just so she can defend herself  if ever something happens.

There, Eunji is going to visit her brothers. They're all not biogically related but she consider them as her own real family. Eunji grew up together with them in a small but a welcoming orphanage in busan. They stayed there for six years as someone came and though it was such a hard decision to make, he adopted the eight of them. He brought them to seoul and they lived a hard and much uncomfortable life compare to the orphanage. But despite the situation, it was also the happiest and most meaningful thing that ever happened to them. Being together without worrying that they might get separated in the future. And finally, they have someone that they can call a family.

Eunji left two years ago when she became an adult. She decided to live by herself as she knows that it was really hard for huhgak, the one who adopted them, to raise so many kids. Although she became independent, she never forgets to visit them atleast once a week every weekend. But this time around, eunji wasn't able to visit them for the past few months that's why she's excited to see them.

While walking on the way to the house, some eyes were watching her. It wasn't anything dangerous, they were all familiar to her as they were all her neighbors. After all the years that they've been seeing eunji, they still can't get used on eunji's fashion sense. Nerdy, big and round glasses, shabby sweatshirt that she was always wearing, loose jogging pants and a rubber shoes that was originally white is now brown from the dirt that looks like it haven't been washed for a year.

She may be the cool, fearless and the strongest fighter in the underworld, in the place where she used to live in, she's the timid, introverted and the nerdiest girl in their area. But there's one thing that would never go away no matter where she's in, it's her cold aura that you can feel even when you're far away from her. 

This attitude of her only vanishes away when she's with the special people in her life. She arrived in no time and was greeted by huhgak who was just sitting outside humming to different songs.

"Oppa." Eunji tried to catch his attention in which she succeeded. Instead of calling him as their foster parent, they all decided to treat them as their older brother as he's only in his early forties just recently.

"Oh, Eunji-ya. I thought you've forgotten about us." Huh gak joked that earned a light punch from eunji.

"You know that's impossible to happen." eunji stated. 

"Arasso. They're all inside, go and see them." Huh gak smilingly said, shoo-ing eunji inside so he can have some more relaxation and time for himself.

Eunji nodded while grinning so widely and turned to open the door only to reveal a messy house and a group of boys in their own worlds. Subin was just sitting, watching byungchan and sejun playing games, Hanse eating some snacks with chan disturbing his peaceful eating, making faces to make him laugh and with two boys missing whom she supposed were just inside their rooms. 

 

"Noona!" subin exclaimed happily upon seeing eunji who visited them after a long time.

"It's been three months since you came here, you didn't even went to greet me on my birthday. I missed you noona." said byungchan who ran immediately to hug her, leaving his game buddy sejun who followed suit after.

"I called you and even sent a gift, didn't I? Aigoo, you're an adult now but you still whine like a baby." eunji teased and reached her hand to the tall byungchan who automatically bended his knees so that the former can ruffle his hair.

"Chicken!" hanse shouted, ruining the sweet moment of the siblings upon noticing the familiar scent and brand of the food that was imprinted on the plastic bag that eunji was holding. "Is this for us?" hanse asked with a shine on his eyes.

"Yes, you can go and prepare it." eunji said shaking her head with a smile on her face as hanse already ran to the kitchen with heo chan before she can even finish her sentence. His love for chicken will never change just like her.

After the two causes noises that disturbed the other boys, doors of the bedroom cracked open revealing seungwoo and seung-sik. They were both busy in their world with the former reading in his room and the latter obsessed in cleaning the other room. As their peaceful lives already came to an end, they went to eunji who was happily talking to byungchan and sejun and joined the conversation together. 

"Let's eat!" heo chan shouted from the kitchen, informing the people who were busily catching up with each other in the living room.

After all of them were seated at the round table, they thanked for the food and started digging up on it. Eunji and Huhgak could only smile seeing the boys so fast with their hands on getting a piece as if it will be gone the second they were late.

"Yah, slow down. You might get choke from eating too fast. Did gak-oppa starved you?" just after eunji said it, they heard someone coughing. They all turned their head to hanse and started laughing. Seungwoo, though was laughing so loudly, didn't forget to hand the water to hanse who was just sitting beside him.

"You should be careful. Eunji bought enough to make us full but if it doesn't, we can just order some more. Chew on it slowly." Huhgak finally said after the laughter died down and after hanse calmed down.

They obeyed and soon after, they started talking to eunji to once again know the happennings in her current life.

"Noona, why did you visit just now? Were you busy?" queried seungsik.

"Yeah, I was. Still am actually." Eunji replied with full.

"Busy in what, noona?" sejun asked curiously.

Before she can even say anything, byungchan cutted in saying, " Love life."

"Love life?!" they all shouted in shock and gasped. All of them halted what they were doing, even hanse who they can hardly stop in eating. All eyes and ears are on eunji but before she can even protest, someone interrupted her again. 

"You have a boyfriend, noona?"

"Why didn't we get the chance to see him?"

"You should introduce him to us noona. We should know if he's good enough so that we can hand you to him." three of them said simultaneously that eunji couldn't figure out who's who. With her ear heating up by the sudden topic, she raised both of her hand to stop them from asking further questions and decided to stop them  from imagining things that's not even true.

"I don't have a boyfriend, okay?" eunji said sighing.

"If not a boyfriend, then.." subin muttered almost like a whisper before all of the boys stared at each other and loudly blurted, "..a girlfriend?!"

Not just them but eunji seems shocked too with her eyes widely open from the words that came out from their mouth. She knows that she's not into girls thing and she acts boyish and sometimes too manly, but that was only because she grew up with men surrounding her. How could they think like that? 'Huh!' She hissed inside her head.

Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter