Pink

Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Tok-tok

*Tok-tok

A few, soft knocks sounded in the neighbourhood. It was so early in the morning and the sun hasn't risen up yet. The road is still dark as all the houses are dim, only the light from the few street lamps post illuminated the surroundings. All were asleep except for chorong who immediately stood up, wondering who would knock at this hour when the restaurant is still close.

After opening the sliding door, huhgak was the first person she saw. As what she have said yesterday, huhgak together with the person he'll recommend should be here before the opening time.

"I'm guessing you've forgotten that someone will come, right?" huhgak asked upon seeing how chorong's eyes widened.

The woman shyly nodded before answering, "Yeah, I'm sorry. Come in oppa."

"You should find some time to relax. Working too hard without resting will really affect your body and mind." huhgak nagged.

"Alright. I'll make sure to remember that oppa." 

The two continued to converse and chorong still haven't notice the presence of the other person with them until she heard someone clearing throat.

Huhgak, who forgot that he brought someone with him, finally introduced her to chorong."Oh, this is Jung Eunji. The one that I'm talking about." 

Eunji bowed politely without saying anything and so did chorong. The moment they looked up, both of their eyes met and felt the familiarity to what they were looking at right now. Chorong was trying to remember where did she saw her but couldn't come up with anything while Eunji knows exactly when and where did she saw the pair of eyes who were so enchanting for her. Eunji didn't know that she'll be able to see those again and if she's lucky, she can look at it everytime she wishes.

"You can interview her now chorong. I'll just wait here." huhgak said.

"Aren't you going home oppa?" chorong asked.

The man shook his head lightly. "No, I'll eat my breakfast here. I already forgot how delicious the food tastes here."

Chorong nodded and made her way to the office inside in which eunji silently followed.

"Have a seat." chorong nicely said and eunji obeyed, taking the seat across the latter that made them face each other.

"I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Park Chorong, the manager in this restaurant." Chorong smiled and reached her hand for a hand shake.

Eunji stared at it for a few seconds before holding it. The moment their hands touched, they felt an immediate electricity running through their spine but they were both good at hiding it.

"I'm Jung Eunji." Eunji said in a cold but respectful voice as if she didn't feel anything.  

Eunji reluctantly let go of chorong's hand when the latter swiftly took it back. A short deafening silence engulfed them before chorong faked a cough and started questioning eunji. It's just a casual dining restaurant so there's no need to have a professional in interviewing eunji. What chorong only needs to know is her background and if she is responsible and skilled enough to handle the hectic work of an all rounder. 

"So..Do you have any experience in working in this line of work or even just a part time job?" Chorong started.

"I do." Eunji shortly replied but chorong kept staring at her, that's why the former felt the need to explain more. "I worked as a waitress on a bar before. I also had a part time job on a convenience store because my income wasn't enough."

Eunji wouldn't normally talk this long especially infront of a someone she barely knows but this is about work. She had to make a good impession if she wants to get hired.

Chorong nodded and looked at the paper she was holding. "Then that's good. But according to your resume, you've been jobless for atleast two months. Why is that?" She curiously asked, looking up again to eunji.

Eunji took quite a moment before answering, "I decided to quit. I'm not a picky person and I usually grab opportunities that lieth infront of me." She paused. As it reminded her how immature she was to even enter the life in the underworld without thinking the consequences just because it offers a lot of money. Now, she can't go back.

"But I realized that it didn't suffice my needs because not only I'm supporting myself, I also hold responsiblity in my family. That's why I tried to apply from big to small companies but just like what I expected, it didn't worked out." Eunji continued.

It was almost impossible to get hired because she doesn't hold a degree. Despite that, eunji didn't lose hope. But there's really no plot twist in her life so she ended up jobless. It's thanks to her savings that she got to eat atleast three times a day during that situation but since it was just a small amount, it easily ran out. Though she knew huhgak would immediately support her, she couldn't get herself to ask for some help as she didn't want to be burden to him, and to her brothers.

Chorong didn't ask furthermore about that subject and instead focused on eunji's personality and capabalities. After a while chorong announced that eunji got accepted.

"You're hired. Welcome to the restaturant." Chorong  beamed.

While interviewing eunji, chorong also observed her character. From the way she speaks, she dressed and the way she acts. It was all good except for her facial expression and monotone like voice but chorong figured that eunji can work on it after some time. It won't be easy but it will definitely change, she thought.

The both of them spent another twenty minutes inside the office as chorong explained the way the restaurant works and what will be eunji's job.

"You're gonna take orders and serve them but during busy days, you might encounter and do all the works including the kitchen's. Is that alright?"

While chorong was blabbering and explaining things in earnest, eunji was absent-mindedly just staring at her. 'Not only her eyes are beautiful, but all of her is simply stunning.' Eunji thought. She was busy appreciating a master piece infront of her that she didn't noticed she was staring for too long.

Chorong felt uncomfortable in her seat, "Is there something wrong Eunji-ssi?" she asked anxiously. She fixed herself secretly, afraid that something was on her face.

Eunji blinked and only came back to her senses when chorong asked. She was flustered and the blood was rushing to her cheeks but she quickly hid it away by l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter