Blue

Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy new year everyone. Thanks for inviting us tonight." Huh gak greeted them when they arrived at the restaurant.

"You're family oppa, you don't have to thank us." Chorong smiled and hugged him then the excited boys after. "You all grown so much. You can't be my babies anymore." Chorong said, her eyes on the boys.

"I can still do aegyo for you noona if you like." Subin said his cute voice while batting his innocent eyes.
"Me too, me too!" The others followed.

Chorong laughed at their antics and patted their heads. "Ah noona! I'm too grown up for that now." Seungwoo whined playfully.

"I don't think so." Chorong said and stucked out her tongue.

The sight made eunji's heart fluttered, an emotion that she hasn't felt before arises everytime her eyes settles on chorong. Only when naeun elbowed her softly did she realized  that she's been smiling. She looked at naeun who was smirking with something unrecognizable in her eyes. She shook her head as naeun was up to something again.

The newly arrived group went to the corner and started the karaoke while chorong went back in the kitchen. The boys brings out more joy to the surrounding and it started to feel like a real holiday now.

After a while, a familiar voice was heard infront just a minute before the count down. "Hey, everyone." Officer Yoon Bomi and Kim namjoo greeted when they arrived together with hayoung.

Naeun and chorong welcomed them, "It's good to see you again officers."

"Hey, we said no formal greetings when we're out of uniforms." Officer Yoon teased and laughed along with the girls when they did.

"Sorry, we forgot. Not gonna happen again, unnie."  Naeun said and winked. It still felt awkward but she was glad to have and call them as friends.

"You guys are just on time. And no, you don't get away missy, we'll talk later." Chorong warned, pointing her fingers at hayoung who looked sheepish and apologetic.

"Hey everyone, we should head out and bring the fireworks."
When everything was set up and it was ten seconds before midnight, they all partcipated in the count down.

"10, 9, 8, ... 3, 2, 1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!" They all shouted to welcome the new year ahead.

Just as the hand on the clock turns to twelve, fireworks started to boomed in the sky. It was boisterous and simply beautiful. Everyone was looking above, clapping and shouting but something held chorong's gaze. It landed on eunji who was smiling, and closed her eyes briefly, and when she opened them, it took chorong's breath away. Her eyes were more beautiful and mesmerizing than the fireworks or anything for that matter, for chorong in that moment.

Only when the fireworks stop did she looked away. What did just happened? Chorong thought.

They all went back inside with renewed energy.
"Thanks for the food! I'll eat well." They simultaneously said.
They ate with a festive mood between them. They got to know each other during their meal and was surrounded by laughter. After they ate, they all went to the corner for the karaoke. Some sang, some danced, and some cheered.
When some of them got tired, they separated with N, bomi, huhgak, and victon as chorong newly named them after seeing the boys danced and sing like a boy group, still on the karaoke. Then with hayoung together with the officer she admired and one day wanted to be, Kim namjoo and lastly, with chorong, eunji and naeun a bit away from the noise to regain strength after their fun activity.

No one was talking for a while, they just sat and enjoyed the peacefulness between them though they can still hear others having fun from the other side, until chorong broke the silence.

"Did you two know each other? If you don't mind me asking."
 Chorong has been curious since the first day she introduced eunji to the staff. Something between naeun and eunji tells chorong that it wasn't the first time they met, no matter how they didn't react like it because they didn't want others to know. Somehow, she can see right through eunji. It felt weird because she knows naeun longer than eunji but it doesn't feel that way.

They were both silent for long seconds when naeun answered.
"We're close friends. We worked together before." Naeun said and suddenly got that distant look in her eyes.
Eunji knows exactly what she's thinking. She remembered it, too well. The memories came on to her every night so vividly. Sometimes it's a dream but mostly it's a nightmare. It even caught her unaware when she's awake, just like right now. It pained her to know that it still a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter