Gray

Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks and months passed. Slowly, eunji felt like she's finally getting on her feet. It was an unexpected path, one she didn't even imagine happening, but it did and she couldn't be more grateful. And as those days have gone by, her feelings for chorong started rearing its head, getting strong the longer she worked in the restaurant. She didn't know what to do nor what to say so she's just letting her feelings grow and was contented watching and being in a close space with chorong. that was until naeun said something that made her reached out to the woman who's making her beat faster every minute.

"Unnie, why are you fighting it? You know that you like her." Naeun said.

Eunji haven't name what she feels for the older woman and there goes naeun saying it, so casually. Like falling for someone with the same gender is easy and normal. Like the world doesn't care and discriminate with two women having a relationship. 

Eunji acknowledged the feelings that's rising inside her whenever chorong's around and even when she's not. But she didn't dare think or name it because once she does, it will become true and real. She knows that she would do something about it. It was getting harder keeping her feeling at bay. Especially when chorong smiles and laughs at her. When she greets her every morning. Even when she makes physical contact deliberately or not, such as touching her shoulders and holding her hand. Everything she does just makes her beautiful and eunji was falling, quickly.

She can't keep her eyes away from chorong that even her colleagues noticed it. 
"Just confess already. I can literally see hearts on your eyes." taeyon, usually silent had said once, and stucked out her tongue. 
Eunji didn't want to be obvious but she can't help it. What should she do? It's a question that's been on her mind lately.

She worked with nothing but chorong on her mind that day. Her body completing every tasks perfectly but her mind was somewhere else. To a beautiful woman until she saw chorong readying, like she had plans.

"Naeun, can I entrust the restaurant in your care? I have something to do. It's urgent." Eunji heard chorong talking to naeun.

"Sure thing unnie." Naeun cooly said, perfectly understanding the woman. But it didn't seem to ease chorong.

"I'm really sorry. It's just that our supplier's about to bail out and we can't afford that." Chorong continued to explain, feeling bad.

"It's okay unnie." Naeun replied, smiling.

"I don't know how long it will take so if I'm not back around 10 tonight, can you close the restaurant? Then you can go home, you don't have to wait for me. I promise to make it up to you." Chorong apologetically said.

"A bonus would suffice unnie." Naeun joked but chorong took it seriously. "Yes! I'll make sure to make that happen." naeun deserved it, she thought.

"Alright, alright. Go already. You take care." Naeun shooing chorong away and chuckled.

"Thank you! You're the best. I'll be back!" Chorong answered, hugging naeun and kissed naeun at the cheeks before she finally went out.

Eunji who heard and saw all these, wished nothing more than to be naeun at that moment.

Time passed so quickly when chorong is within her eye sight but so slowly whenever she's not. Eunji felt chorong's absence more than anyone, more so now that she puts a name on her feelings. It was just a quarter after nine but chorong's still not back. The restaurant's already closed and only a few things to be done are left inside.

"Unnie, I have to go fetch my sister. I'm sorry but can you close the restaurant?" Naeun asked her just after they arranged the tables. The other staffs already went home and only two of them were left.

"Okay, sure." Eunji quickly agreed, understanding that it's getting late and naeun was just worried about her sister. What happened a year ago made a big impact between them, making them worried about everyone around them. That's why they're not taking any chances and protects around them. Both naeun and eunji didn't want to relive that night nor they want it to happen to anyone again. They won't let it happen again.

"Be careful!" Eunji shouted, bidding goodbye after naeun gave her the keys and ran outside. Eunji sat down and think about chorong again when she was left alone.

She didn't notice the time and got sleepy while waiting. The tirednes from working and thinking about chorong the whole day were taking a toll on her body. After a while, someone opened the door slowly and quietly. "Naeun-ah, I told you, you didn't have wait fo--. Oh." Chorong got cut off with the person inside.

Instead of naeun, she found eunji sleeping on the chair. The younger woman's head resting on the table. Chorong walked quietly towards eunji and looked at her. The sleeves of eunji's shirt was rolled up and chorong saw the scars on her arm but didn't anything. Instead, she sat down in front of her. She stared and noticed eunji's red lips, long eye lashes that was hidden behind her bangs. Chorong was about to push it aside when eunji's eyes slowly opened. As if sensing another presence in the room, staring at her, eunji woke up. She blinked several times, not comprehending what's happening and couldn't believe that chorong was in front of her. 'So close. Am I dreaming?'

"Hey." It isn't. Eunji realized when chorong spoke and showed her that dazzling smile of her.

"Hi." Eunji replied, a bit flustered.

"Why are you still here?" Chorong asked, tilting her a bit.

Eunji thought it was cute and couldn't help the blush blossoming on her cheeks. "I was waiting for you."

"You didn't have to but thank you." Chorong thanked her and stood up, reaching her hand out to eunji.

"Let's go. We have to go home." Eunji took her hand, her heart beating a little bit faster.

"Let me walk you home." Eunji suddenly said when they were outside and chorong looked like she was about to say goodbye. No, Eunji didn't want the night to end yet.
Chorong looked at her straightly, something in her eyes that eunji couldn't fathom but it made her heart beat wild nonetheless. "Okay." Chorong simply answered after contemplating and eunji sighed with relief. She didn't noticed that she was holding her breath while waiting for chorong's reply.

It was a cold night. Spring is coming but the air's still chilly however, the two woman couldn't feel it as their hearts felt warm. They walked side by side silently but both are extremely aware of each other's presence. Then they went to a dark alley way, this is where we first met, eunji thought. It was dark but somewhere along the way, eunji felt the air changed. Chorong seems oblivious but eunji couldn't shake the thoughts that someone was following them.

Her heart beat got faster and blood thrummed through her veins. It was a familiar feeling. One she only felt before her fight or when she can sense there's danger and she was pretty sure it was the latter. Her nerves and senses are now on override and it seems that chorong felt it.

"Is there something wrong?" Chorong asked. She was sensing that something's bothering the younger woman.

She was usually quiet but now more so than chorong was used to. Eunji normally smiles and sometimes even utter a few words but she doesn't do it now. Chorong looked right and left as eunji is noticeably aware of their surroundings. When eunji didn't answer, she turned eunji so she can look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter