The Night Before

The Night Before

 

 

 

 

“I'm here,” Kyungsoo whispers to Sehun who is standing by the counter in the kitchen, scribbling on something in the dark.

“There.” He says happily staring at his note and hangs it on the fridge, large and crooked letters saying:

'Went on a walk. Sehun&DO.'

 

“Are we going out?” Kyungsoo understands nothing.

It's the middle of the night and he's exhausted, and imagines Sehun feels the same. Their first big concert as EXO is tomorrow, so they need the rest, and going out for a walk now seems ridiculous.

 

Probably Kyungsoo should have refused this meeting as soon as it came up. When he got that message in the car earlier (to sneak out of his room once Jongin fell asleep) he should have had the sense not to agree, but Sehun is a person that is difficult to say no to.

Maybe a part of him had also been hoping for secret meeting, stolen hugs and forbidden kisses. There hasn't been a lot of that lately, and Sehun requires a lot of attention. Which is okay. Kyungsoo doesn't mind giving it to him. Going out now, however, makes no sense. Still he lets Sehun grab his hand and drag him outside the apartment, down the elevator to the dimly lit parking garage where one of their managers, the new one with the untidy hair, is waiting for them.

 

“Wha... where are we going?” He whispers hesitantly, thinking he should put a stop to this.

“It's a surprise.” Sehun says, cheekily smiling. Thinking he's so cute.

He is, so Kyungsoo steps into the familiar black car with the tinted windows.

Almost by reflex, he falls asleep as soon as they start driving. Car means sleep. That's the only way to survive.

 

Too soon he is woken up, Sehun shakes his shoulder, makes him put on a baseball cap and a mask, does the same for himself and then drags him out of the car. It's dark and chilly, and Kyungsoo is disoriented, so it takes him a minute to realize where they are.

“Why are we here?” Going back to the concert venue makes no sense. They spent the entire day here practicing and making sound checks and have no reason to return.

 

Sehun doesn't answer and drags him along. The security guy is already holding the back door open for them. Sehun has a way with making people do what he wants. Nobody knows that better than Kyungsoo.

“What about hyung?” He asks.

“He'll wait in the car.” Sehun answers.

 

Soon they are standing on the stage, just the two of them, and the lights are . Kyungsoo thinks this is a bad surprise, since he has already seen the stage, until Sehun comes up behind him, bends over awkwardly so he can rest his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder and puts his arms around him. Kyungsoo likes it when he does that so now it's a good surprise. Just the two of them and the venue.

 

“Tomorrow.” says Sehun.

“Mhm.” Kyungsoo replies, staring at the empty seats. There are so many of them. It's unthinkable that soon they will be filled with people. After so many years of practicing, going through the hardships of debut they are finally here, standing on the edge of becoming famous, of really making it. Now anything can happen.

 

Suddenly he understands Sehun's surprise. With the tight packed schedule Kyungsoo hasn't let it sink in. Earlier today there were so many people, so much noise he could only focus on the task in front of him. He's not always good with crowds and too many things happening at the same time. He likes the quiet. So now he can really feel it. That in spite of everything that has happened, things are going unbelievably well, their dreams are finally coming true.

 

“Tomorrow they will shout,” Sehun's raspy voice whispers in his ear. “Do Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.”

Goosebumps trail down his arms as he pictures it.

 

Sehun's hands rests on his belt for a moment. Kyungsoo suspects what he has in mind but doesn't stop him. He isn't surprised when Sehun's hand moves further down and he doesn't hate it but it's a bad idea.

“What about the security guard?”

“He promised to stay away.”

That sounds horribly vague, but now Sehun is over his jeans and it feels good.

“Tomorrow, when they shout your name I want you to remember this too.” He whispers, leaving goosebumps on his neck.

“Jealous of our fans?” Kyungsoo teases, hiding how much he missed this.

“No.” Sehun objects, but his becomes firmer. “I just want you to remember me too.” Which to Kyungsoo sounds a lot like jealousy.

Before he has the chance to find the perfect words to explain that Sehun is always on his mind and then not say it, like he usually doesn't, Sehun is on his knees in front of him, unbuckling his belt and ing his jeans.

 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes for a second when he's surrounded by warmth. Nothing compares to this feeling and all his worries disappear. He has always too many thoughts troubling him, too much pent up stress, but it all goes away when there is just the two of them. 

 

The first time they fooled around Kyungsoo didn't expect this to happen. It didn't with his old girlfriends and it doesn't when he takes care of himself. But every time Sehun touches him his mind becomes calm, everything quiets down. Before, he never could have pictured himself with another guy, but now he can't imagine going back. Not to anyone else than Sehun.

 

Enjoying the soft feel of Sehun's lips he looks at the venue, the feel of it different now from before, because he feels different. Fleeting thoughts flow through his mind, unobtrusively passing by, one after the other. He pictures the upcoming concert, the fans, everything going well. Fame. Fortune.

 

As more of his blood flows down, he pictures Sehun on the stage with him, smiling at him, holding his hand, whispering sweet things when he gets the chance. Other images start appearing in his mind, of the last time Sehun begged him to share a shower with him because he had an itch only Kyungsoo could scratch. He pictures wet Sehun, needy Sehun, beautiful Sehun. Underneath him, wanting him. He pictures all the things he wants to do to him the next time they have the apartment to themselves. The way he wants to touch him.

 

Kyungsoo looks down, runs his hands through Sehun's messy hair, watches those pretty pink lips surrounding him, sees how hard he has become, enjoys how good that feels. Sehun is also touching himself, , pulling, while . His moans start to change, like they always do when he's close. Kyungsoo feels himself getting hotter, and hotter, until a familiar cramp takes a hold of him, and then he relaxes completely, and anything bad slips away from his body and his mind.

 

He opens his eyes, hadn't even realized that they were closed, and in front of him stands Sehun, tall, gangly and beautiful, with a frown on his face. He's a picky eater, but still always swallows, even though he obviously doesn't like it. Kyungsoo doesn't know why he does that, but thinks he's cute when he frowns so he likes it.

 

A hint of a smile appears, and Sehun bends down, sneakily stealing a quick peck. That is being too adorable, so Kyungsoo grabs the back of his neck and pulls him down for a better kiss. Lips, tongues, closeness.

Afterwards Sehun hugs him, makes himself small so he can rest his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder, and they stand still, just the two of them on an empty stage and the moment is perfect.

“I love you hyung,” Sehun mutters sweetly and the moment becomes more than perfect.

Kyungsoo's throat and chest become too warm and tight to answer but he hopes that Sehun knows how he feels.

 

 

In the car on the way back, Sehun snuggles up to him. It always makes Kyungsoo slightly uneasy when he does that in public, so he glances at the manager, but his eyes are focused on the road and he doesn't pay them any attention. Then Kyungsoo goes through the regular routine of reminding himself that Sehun is a friendly guy, so it would be more suspicious if they never touched. He calms down again when he remembers that this is normal, and doesn't even have anything to do with what they just did. This is not suspicious. It's just normal snuggling. Sehun's personality is like this, so Kyungsoo never even gets jealous when he gets cuddly with the other members. Almost never.

 

Everything about this night is perfect and he wants Sehun to know it.

“Thank you,” he says.

“For what?” Sehun is slightly hoarse so Kyungsoo worries about his voice for tomorrow.

“For this...” For being beautiful. “...For tonight.” For being you. “It was nice.”

 

“Mmh. I'm happy you liked it.” His voice becomes drowsy, he is tired, but Kyungsoo doesn't want him to fall asleep just yet.

“Maybe we can make it into a tradition,” he suggests because he's greedy and wants this moment again. Then he realizes that Sehun might misunderstand and adds: “...visiting the stage together. Not necessarily... the other thing.” That is too risky to do always (was too risky to do now), but perhaps... sometimes would be alright.

“I'd like that.” Sehun grabs his arm, and with chin on his shoulder he whispers so quietly that their manager won't hear, so quietly Kyungsoo almost doesn't hear.

“Love you.” Then he rests his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder and it's comfortably heavy.

 

Sehun soon falls asleep, but this time Kyungsoo doesn't. He quietly watches the city lights passing by while thinking about the day, the night and tomorrow, and somewhere along the way, he mutters through his teeth, too quietly for anyone to hear:

“I do too.”