Chapter 4: Oh really?

White Lies

In the Park's Household

 

Rose was tuning her guitar and writing notes in the balcony, She seemed to be in deep thought as she thinks about what she said to Jieun. Was she too harsh? To blunt or something? Her thoughts was interupted when she heard her mom speak from inside her room.

 

"Doesn't she have an angelic smile?" Bom said as she held a photograph in her hands while she smiles fondly. Rose raised her right eyebrow slightly since she thought that it was Jieun who her mother was talking about.

 

"Who?"

 

"Jisoo, of course." Her mom said while observing the picture of Jisoo and Rose. The two were hand in hand, Jisoo was wearing a white wedding dress and Rose was wearing a white dress too, however it was shorter than Jisoo's. The smiles on their faces were so bright that you can't help but smile too if you look at it.

 

"Of course she does, she ain't the person I need the most if she doesn't have a smile that brighten ups my day, you know?" Rose said and she ended it with a sweet smile.

 

"Whatever you say, sweetheart. Anyway, this picture was taken at the wedding, right?"

 

"Where else mom? Did you not see what we were wearing?" Rose chuckled before shaking her head at her mother.

 

"Anyway, It's my first official day as a vocal teacher. Wish me luck." She then kisses her mom's cheeks before going out of their house.

 

 

Jieun was very much annoyed as she spent the weekend thinking about what Park Chaeyoung told her. It was not like she doesn’t smile anymore, she does. Well, maybe not? She groaned before absent-mindedly walked across Lisa’s house. The Thai did not have any schedules for today so Jieun had to go to school alone. Or so she thought,

 

“Oi, Sweetheart.” A sickeningly sweet voice called her but instead of stopping, her paced turned faster in order to avoid the Aussie.

 

“Oi, wait up!” And it was too late, she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders as Rose casually walks by her side. Jieun mentally groan as she once again have to deal with Rose’s teasings.

 

“For the millionth time, don’t call me sweetheart.”

 

“Then what would you like me to call you then, bae?” In spite of being annoyed, the redness of the smaller girl’s face does not hide the fact that she was indeed embarrassed when Rose calls her with different kinds of pet names.

 

“Jieun. My parents did not name me for you to call me those ridiculous pet names, Ms. Park.” Rose just giggled before smiling genuinely, amused by how Jieun deals with her teasing approach.

 

“True. But it doesn’t matter much if you call me Ms. Park because in the end you might have to change your last name into mine, don’t you think?” Now the redness of Jieun’s face have turned to its maximum level as Rose winked at her while casually saying her pick-line.

 

“Stop flirting with me.” Jieun’s pace went faster because she was flustered and it made Rose laugh at her obvious embarrassment.

 

“Oh come on, it’s not like you have someone who might be disturbed by my way of being friendly with you.” The light bulb in Jieun’s cannot be any brighter as a smirk formed on her lips.

 

“In fact there is. I have someone who is totally hot, y, smart and kind who will not be pleased with your flirting, not friendliness, with me.”

 

“Oh really? Then if that hot, y, smart and kind person actually exists, meet in front of the YG Club with that possibly nonexistent human being.” Rose teased before casually putting her hands into her short pockets and striding towards the entrance of Jieun’s university.

 

 

“Gosh, can you believe her?” Jieun said as she strides past the stalls outside of their university just as she finished her second to the last class with Jennie. The latter just laughs a bit before following the girl.

 

“Actually, I can’t believe you than her. I mean seriously? Who would buy it when you tell them that you, the person who loves sleeping more than going out, are in a relationship?” Jieun growled before hitting the laughing Jennie’s arm. However, the girl just continued to laugh.

 

“Well I was actually thinking that you pose as the person I’m dating.”

 

“Excuse me? Can you actually imagine that I, the hot Jennie Kim, will date someone like you? Plus I have a date with Momo later.” Now that dealt the death blow, Jieun was now hitting Jennie one after another, until they reached a stall that sells ice cream.

 

“A-aw, Aw! Ugh, just stop it. I’ll buy you ice cream.”

 

“Serves you right.” The younger girl said before ordering her favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream and a milk flavored ice cream with Jennie.

“How much?” Jennie asked the vendor and was immediately replied to.

.

“2 dollars.” But before she can pay though, Jieun said something that made her stop looking for her wallet,

 

“But seriously Jen, it’s just one night. Just tonight. I can’t go there with the nonexistent person that she thinks I made up. I mean, I told her that you were the perfect person that I’m dating.”

 

“How much?”

 

“2 dolla-“ “Just a second lady!” Jennie cut off the vendor because she was too focused on what she heard from Jieun.

 

“How much what?” Jieun asked as she ate her ice cream happily, not really minding Jennie and her problem right now.

 

“How much did you tell her about me?” Jennie said, finally paying the lady who was now glaring daggers at her. They then continued walking to their last class which was the vocal class.

 

“Well I told her you were hot, y, smart and kind.”

 

“You think I’m hot, y, smart and kind?” Jieun just shrugged and nodded before walking to the classroom where she forgot that Rose was teaching. Jennie on the other hand had a grin on her face as she sat down next to Jieun who was now cursing herself.

 

“Sht, I forgot that she was teaching here.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Rose. She’s our vocal teacher.” Jieun scoffs until she felt an arm wrapping around her shoulders just as she sees Rose looking at them with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Don’t worry, I got your back until tonight.” Jennie gave Jieun her infamous gummy smile with a wink before turning her attention to Rose.

 

“Good afternoon everyone, I’m your new vocal teacher, Roseanne Park. But you can call me Ms. Park.

 

Jieun just rolled her eyes at Rose when she saw the girl looking at her while saying ‘Ms. Park’

 

“Well, I can say though. She’s hot.” Jennie whispered to Jieun and technically she was right. The boys and a few girls were catcalling at Rose and were shouting incoherent words.

 

“How bout I call you mine, Ms. Park?”

“I’m not a singer, but I can feel myself enjoying your class Ms.!”

“I feel like failing this class, so could you give me some private lessons, Ms.?”

 

“Alright now, calm down everyone. As much as I appreciate your activeness, we need to tone it down a bit. Anyway, that Mister at the back, sorry but I ain’t yours. And you, miss beside the window, as much as I know, everyone here took vocal training because they’re part of the vocal performance team of the school and lastly, you Mister in the last lane, I’m sorry but private lessons come with fees.”

 

“OOOOOH! BURN! HAHAHAHAHA” Everyone in class was now laughing at the three who were now slumping in their chairs, embarrassed. Even Jieun was slightly smirking because she thought that those three deserved what they got because those 3 that shouted were known to be players in their university.

 

“I like this girl already.” Jennie smirked while Jieun just rolled her eyes before smiling and leaning on Jennie. This did not go unnoticed by Rose, of course.