ch.5 - messy

hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s say that Nayeon was very distraught to wake up to a sobbing sound. She groaned quietly, not hearing the noise at first, as her head was still buzzing. She blinked a few times before sitting up only to notice that Momo wasn’t on the bed.

That made her go back to her senses very quick.

“Momo?” She looked around her, but no Momo in sight. Only the sobbing sound. So she got off the bed hastily, almost falling because of the sheets tangled up with her legs.

She panicked. Her eyes scanned across the room, when she suddenly noticed, at the other side of the bed, Momo laying on her stomach on the floor, crying quietly.

It felt like lighting striking her in the heart. She rushed over to Momo, trying to help her sit up.

“Momo! What the hell did you do?!” Her voice sounded angrier than she intended it to be. It probably scared Momo too, as another stream of tears slid down her cheeks just when she looked up at Nayeon.

.

“Hey. Hey.” Nayeon tried to calm her down, her arms wrapping around the younger girl’s waist, making her sit up. She settled down too, making Momo sit in her lap, holding her close. “I’m sorry babe. I didn’t want to sound rough.” She landed a kiss on her wet cheek. She brushed a dark lock away, keeping it from sticking it to Momo’s wet skin.

Momo was trying to say something but because of her sobs, the words coming out of only turned into an incoherent mess.

“Calm down honey. It’s okay now. I’m here.” She ran her hand her hands through the other’s soft hair, pulling her in closer. And Momo, almost instinctively, put her arms around Nayeon, clutching onto her tightly.

“I-it hurts…” She whimpered against the older girl’s shoulder and Nayeon immediately reacted.

“Is it you’re ankle?” Momo answered with a small nod. “I’ll go get a nurse, okay?” Nayeon caressed Momo’s cheek lightly, trying to give her some kind of comfort. “Just, uh, don’t move, okay?”

Well, it’s not like she could. But Momo gave another nod regardless, slowly getting off from Nayeon’s lap. Of course the older girl didn’t feel comfortable leaving her on the ground like that, but she had no choice. It’s not like she could lift her up and carry her to the bed.

-

Nayeon wasn’t exactly pleased by the results.

There needed to be two nurses to carry Momo back to her bed, and change the sheets while they were at it. They didn’t exactly do it in the gentlest ways, seeing the scrunched up expression on Momo’s face. That made Nayeon quite angry, but she had to contain herself. She didn’t want another scandal any soon. Oh no.

But at least she wasn’t spread all over the floor. That’s already an update.

They gave her painkillers, and a set of pills Nayeon didn’t really know.

When the nurses left the room, Momo sighed quietly. She was tucked behind the covers again, her cheeks kinda puffy because of the crying. Her eyes pointed downwards as she tried to escape Nayeon’s piercing stare.

But it didn’t work. Nayeon sat down next to the bed, putting her hand on Momo’s then giving it a small squeeze.

“Momo. Please.” But Momo still wasn’t facing her. Nayeon sighed quietly, now caressing her small hand.

“I’m sorry, Nayeon. I tried to go to the bathroom but I fell.” The younger girl mumbled. Her fingers wrapped around a part of the sheets, discreetly fidgeting with it. “I- I didn’t want to turn this mess into a bigger one.”

“It’s fine now.” She was now softly Momo’s hand. “Just…What did you do Momo? Why?” Now that was what Nayeon was waiting to know since yesterday. But with how Momo was, she couldn’t really ask before.

“Okay, so.” She cleared , and her still teary eyes met Nayeon’s. “Yesterday morning, I woke up early. I checked my phone and well, you know the news.” Momo chuckled bitterly. Nayeon could feel something tugging on her heart.

“And I didn’t really knew what to do so I r-ran away.” The younger girl’s voice trailed off at the end. “I’m sorry. I-I shouldn’t have left you like that.” And her eyes pointed downwards again. Nayeon would lie if she said that she wasn’t mad at Momo for running away, but she couldn’t snap at her.

“It’s okay Momo. You’re forgiven, if that’s what you wanna hear.” Nayeon sighed.

“I’m glad.” But she was still looking down. “But anyways. I tried to go to a friend’s house, but he just insulted me before kicking me out.”

Momo sniffled quietly. Nayeon couldn’t bear seeing her like this anymore, so she got back on the bed and hugged Momo tightly, much to her surprise. But Momo went with it and buried herself deep into the other’s embrace. Nayeon’s goal wasn’t to make her feel bad, but she needed to know what happened to her.

“Don’t mind him honey. You know that there’ll always be people like that. Even people close to you.” Nayeon swallowed. Yeah, even the close ones. That reminded her of her parents, and the numerous missed calls that she has ignored. That was a problem too.

“I know. It’s just…hard to understand.” Momo sighed, “But anyways. Since I was pretty, um, troubled and quite angry, I didn’t know what to do. Then JYP called, so I had to go to the headquarters. He scolded me.” She scoffed quietly. Poor Momo got the worst of it, as JYP was remarkably angry in the morning.

Nayeon sighed. She could imagine what he told Momo.

“He told me some stuff and that I won’t take part in our current activities and I won’t be part of our next comeback either.”

“What?!” The older girl’s voice was louder than she intended it to be. She even startled Momo a little. But of course she was shocked. Why would Momo get a harsher punition than her? She’s not going to let JYP pass with this without explaining himself.

Yeah, for a moment she forgot that he was her boss and not the other way around.

“Didn’t he tell you the same thing?” Momo looked up at Nayeon.

“Uh-“ She hesitated for a moment. “He did. I just thought that maybe he would be more gentle with you.” She scratched her nape. Well, she probably won’t tell Momo that she got a lighter punition than her.

Momo seemed to accept the story, nodding slightly. “I see. Should I continue?”

Nayeon hummed, also giving her a small nod as an answer. So Momo did according to her words. “He also told me to work harder, since I’ve been a little lax these days. So I secretly went to an old studio I knew. I-I didn’t even notice that I haven’t eaten.”

The older girl could hear the shame in her voice. She hated to see Momo like this. And she hated herself even more for letting this happen to her. She should’ve known. She was the only one who really knew Momo. She was the only one who could’ve prevented this.

Nayeon swallowed, tightening her hug around Momo. She just forgot a detail.

“And how did you injure your leg?”

Momo tried to escape the eye contact with Nayeon by looking down. “I can’t remember. I’m sorry.” At this point, she was mumbling. Nayeon noticed that Momo’s words were getting slower and slower, and her eyes have been dropping as she went on with her story.

The medicaments seemed to work.

“It’s alright. Just be careful next time. If not for yourself, then do it for me.”

“I will. I’m sorry.” Momo whispered, now snuggling against Nayeon’s chest. The older girl gladly let her settle down on her.

“Yah, and stop saying sorry. You’ve already apologized and I’m not mad at you. Neither are the others.”

With that said, she landed a small peck on Momo’s forehead. The other girl’s lips spread into a large smile. It was kinda cute how even the smallest gesture made by Nayeon made her happy. And Nayeon loved that. Both receiving Momo’s attention and making her content of course.

Before she could even talk again, she noticed that Momo was already sleeping. Again.

Nayeon hummed. Well, guess she had to stay now.

Her long fingers slowly caressed the younger girl’s hair, while her eyes follow every single one of Momo’s movements; the way her chest rose and fell softly, slowly opening, her eyelids fluttering slightly and her hands clutching on Nayeon’s shirt for a moment.

But this moment of solitude didn’t last too long as she heard a faint creeking noise; the door was opening.

Nayeon turned away quickly, making Momo let go of her. Thank god it was just Jeongyeon and Sana. So Nayeon sat up and descended from the bed before looking at Momo again. Whew, she was still sleeping.

She slowly got off the bed while covering Momo with the thick blanket.

“Is she doing better? The nurses told us that she woke up.” Jeongyeon asked quietly.

Nayeon answered with a sigh. “Not really. She woke up during the night at about 3am but she was quite, uh, disturbed. She thought that I was a dream.” She chuckled. “And then at one point in the morning she tried to go to the bathroom but fell down so the nurses had to carry her back to the bed.” She then looked over to Momo, still sleeping peacefully. Even thinking back to her crying hurt Nayeon.

Sana sighed, and Jeongyeon just frowned, all three of them now looking at Momo. Nayeon was the first one to turn back, noticing some plastic bags in the two other’s hands.

“What are those?” She pointed at the bags.

Sana looked dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter