ch. 4 - wound

hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nayeon. You need to come to the hospital right now.”

Every ounce of hope and possible happiness left Nayeon’s body as she heard Jeongyeon pronounce those words.

“W-what?” Her voice sounded weak. She didn’t really know how to react. On one hand, she hoped that nothing really bad happened to Momo, on the other, she was already imagining the worst. Despite being in warm water, she felt so cold right now. A shiver ran down her spine.

“I’ll explain. Asan medical center. Right now.” And Jeongyeon hung up.

Nayeon was pretty close to crushing her phone with her bare hands. She’s going to kill Jeongyeon for hanging up on her like this. But right now there was something more important on her hands.

So she quickly got out of the bath, feeling her heart in .

“Get dressed and call the manager. We’re going to the hospital.” Nayeon yelled out to Chaeyoung while she was dressing up.

“What? Why?” She heard the younger girl behind the door.

But Nayeon gave no answer. Her breath was starting to become heavy again as she thought about Momo. And yet again, she was having a hard time suppressing her tears. What could’ve happened?

-

That same question kept lingering in her head as she was looking out of the car window. She kept tapping her feet quickly, trying to stay calm. The manager was driving silently and Chaeyoung was humming a song quietly, sitting on the backseat. Nayeon could see a pained, or rather, worried expression on her face.

“Can’t you go faster?” Nayeon turned back to the driver. The annoyance was pretty clear in her voice.

“Not really. Sorry.”

She huffed, turning back to the car window. The rain was still pouring down just like earlier today. She could hear the rain droplets make noises against the glass. She sighed. The weather matched well with her mood.

Then the car suddenly stopped. She put her attention back to the road only to see a large traffic jam just in front of them. She’s been great at containing her anger today, but right now she was about to blow up. Guess everything was against her today.

“I can’t ing believe this.” She groaned, rubbing her temples. “Is there a shortcut?”

“No. This is the shortest way to the hospital. The other one would take 30 minutes.” Replied the manager.

Nayeon was fuming. She looked out the window, trying to perceive where the large line ended. Well, it seemed pretty long. They’re not going to get there any sooner like this.

it.

“Chaeyoung, give me my bag.”

The younger girl gave a confused look, but complied regardless, handing her the bag on the backseat.

And with that, Nayeon stepped out of the car into the strong rain. She heard Chaeyoung yell something and she lowered the window. Nayeon stopped.

“What the hell are you doing?” The young girl’s voice was hardly audible because of the rain, but Nayeon heard her regardless.

She leaned back to the car window. “I’m going there by myself.” And then she just left, not minding whatever Chaeyoung was saying through the lowered window.

The rain was really heavy, so Nayeon started running, trying to get away from the rain while also getting quickly to the hospital.

But as she got closer, her repressed thoughts about Momo’s state came back to her mind, and tears threatened to fall again.

She was near the hospital. She could see it even through the heavy rain.

Did she get in a car accident? Did someone beat her? (They better not. Nayeon would kill them.) Did she fall from somewhere? Wait, did she hurt herself willingly?

Nayeon’s heart was racing. Her heart kept on thumping loudly, overpowering even the car honks, rain, and walking people around her.

She was out of breath, panting heavily, but still running quickly. But she was close to the hospital now. She could see inside the building now, the white lights taking up all her focus.

Perhaps it wasn’t a good thing. Because as she was trying to spot who ws inside, she wasn’t paying attention to where she was going.

She should’ve. Because being slammed on the wet ground felt horrible, and Nayeon was about to cry again.

She should just stay here, on the cold ground. Maybe she deserved it.

“NAYEON!”

But Jeongyeon’s loud voice snapped her out of her mini-breakdown. And within a few seconds, she felt a pair of strong arms pulling her up from the dirty ground. And then a third arm. And a fourth. Sana was also there.

“What the hell,Nayeon?!” Jeongyeon almost yelled as she pulled her to her feet, then into the hospital.

It was warm inside. It took Nayeon a few seconds to register what was happening, then regaining her posture. “I fell.” She said quietly.

“We saw that.” Sana was the one talking now. Funny, she was the one who was usually this clumsy, now it was Nayeon’s turn. “Wow. You’re soaking.” She added, feeling how wet the older girl’s clothes and hair was.

“Yeah, no .” She wasn’t in the mood for anything. “Where is Momo.” Her head snapped back to Jeongyeon.

“Shouldn’t you change your clothes first? You’ll get sick and cold like this.” Sana asked.

“I don’t care. Where is Momo?” The other girl swallowed, her expression turning grave again.

“Second floor, come with me.”

The elevator ride was dead quiet. The three of them were looking down, as if ashamed of something. The truth is that they were. How could they let this happen to a group member, and most importantly, a close friend (or something more for Nayeon.) That was the question on the group’s mind.

Jeongyeon sighed as the elevator doors opened. The corridors looked long.

“What happened to her? Since you refused to tell me before.” Nayeon frowned, trying to shoot a glare to Jeongyeon.

It seemed to work, as the younger girl seemed to sink for a moment. ”Uh, we don’t really know.”

“What do you mean you don’t really kn-“ Nayeon’s voice rose up as she went forward with the sentence. She was almost over the edge. But Jeongyeon cut her off.

“Let me finish! We don’t know how it happened. We were looking for her through all the studios owned by JYP, since we thought that maybe she would be dancing to take some stress out.”

“Get to the point, Jeongyeon.”

“Be patient. Anyway, we were right. But when we came in, the music was blasting loudly and she was lying on the floor.”

Nayeon gulped as she felt herself tense up again. She couldn’t believe she let this happen.

“She wouldn’t get up when we called her name, s-so we got closer. She was really sweaty and her eyes were shut. She tried to stand up for a moment but she immediately fell back. There was something wrong with her feet. So we called an ambulance.” Jeongyeon swallowed. “We got here about an hour ago.”

“I-I see.” Nayeon’s eyes were kept low. So Momo did do this intentionally. And that’s what gripped Nayeon the most.

“We’re here.”

Room 405. The oldest girl felt something in the corner of her eyes.

She opened the door softly, almost as if a newborn was sleeping in that room. The first thing that she saw were some of the other members, their faces lit up by the dim and white hospital lights. Jihyo, Mina, Tzuyu and Dahyun, all standing around the bed, covered by blank sheets, with dark expressions. Nayeon’s eyes then slowly traveled to the center of the room, where Momo lied in a hospital bed.

This was just too much. Nayeon couldn’t hold it anymore. The small tears in the corner of the eyes grew bigger and bigger, sliding down her cheeks as sobs began to come out of , and in a few seconds those sobs turned into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter