ch.3 - broken

hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon felt sick. Her whole body felt heavy, her head felt like it was pounding, her eyes were red and puffy. And the fact that she had to walk through the heavy rain for hours. She’s been walking down the wet streets for at least two hours, looking for Momo in every restaurant, café, karaoke, aracade that they’ve ever been to.

A thought popped up in her head.

Momo could be home.

With that said, Nayeon quickly retreated in a place where the rain couldn’t hit her and took out her phone, dialing a familiar number. The phone rang, and Nayeon’s tension grew. Then someone answered.

“Hello?” Yes. Nayeon recognized the voice.

“Ms. Hirai?”

-

“You’re meeting my parents.”

Nayeon almost spat her drink out. Momo laughed as she saw the look on the other’s face. The poor girl looked like a deer in the headlights.

“Since we’re in Japan, we should profit. Don’t worry, they’re nice people.”

“I’m sure.”

The Japanese girl leaned against Nayeon’s shoulder, smiling up at her. Nayeon was still under the shock. “They know about us. They won’t react badly. Stop being so stressed.” Momo added. She knew that it wasn’t because Nayeon didn’t like her parents, but because she was scared. She heard the other girl sigh softly.

“Thank god. It’s just…I don’t know. I don’t want to make a bad impression.”

“You won’t. I’m sure they’ll like you.” Momo snuggled against her even harder. Nayeon finally reacted and landed a kiss on her forehead. It was hard snuggling in a car.

“What if they don’t?” The older girl frowned.

Momo just answered with a shrug. “I’ll still love you, so who cares.” She could see Nayeon’s frown turned into a smile, and her cheeks becoming pink. That made her laugh again. Even though they’ve been together for more than a year, everytime Momo said sweet things to the other, she would start acting like a schoolgirl with a crush. That was kinda cute.

“I’m glad.” Nayeon leaned in to kiss Momo’s nose this time, but Momo turned her head so the older girl’s lips ended up on Momo’s. Nayeon quickly backed away with a shocked expression.

“Momo!” She whispered. “Manager-nim could see us!” Even if they were separated from the driver part by a curtain, and even with how quietly they talked, Nayeon was worried. She always was.

The dancer rolled her eyes. “Come on, he won’t.” She was always less careful about stuff like this. And in a way, she was less afraid. Nayeon admired that about Momo. But sometimes, she despised it. Like those times where she would be too open with her in public, giving her small kisses and flirting with her just a little too much. Of course Nayeon didn’t react in front of the cameras.

She would only scold her afterwards.

“We’re here.” They heard the manager say. “Call when you’re ready to go home.”

“Thank you, manager-nim.” Nayeon bowed along with Momo as they left the car.

Their house seemed nice. It looked pretty big, and well kept, with flowers growing in the front. Nayeon liked it so far.

Momo pressed the button near the door, making the bell ring. The tension in the older girl grew bigger yet again.

But she didn’t have too much time to think, as a middle aged woman, probably Momo’s mother opened the door. Her previously neutral expression changed into a big smile as she laid her eyes on Momo. They exchanged some words in Japanese, as they hugged. At one point she could hear Momo saying her name between some things that she couldn’t understand well. But the woman then turned to her, with the same big smile.

“You must be Nayeon, right? I’m Momo’s mother.” They shook hands, and Nayeon put on a smile too.

“Yes. Nice to meet you.”

The woman then gesticulated them to come in, opening the door wide. The inside of the house was big too, and well decorated. Unsurprisingly, Momo immediately headed to an area that seemed to be the kitchen.

“Nayeon.” She heard Ms Hirai speak again, so she turned back to her. “I don’t speak Korean very well, so I’ll be using Japanese sometimes. But if that makes you uncomfortable I won’t.”

“Oh no, it’s fine. I’m learning Japanese anyways, so it’s alright if you don’t speak Korean at all. If I don’t understand something, I’ll just ask Momo.”

“If you say so.” Ms Hirai nodded as they sat down on the large sofa in the living room. Nayeon looked around the room only to notice a large dog sleeping by the window. Nayeon quietly went “oh”. She saw Momo’s mother looking at her and then the dog.

“Go ahead, she doesn’t bite.”

Naeyon smiled as she approached the sleeping dog. As she got closer it perked up, so Nayeon let the dog smell her hand before softly patting it’s head.

“Ooooh, you’re very cute.” Nayeon giggled. She looked back to Momo’s mother. “What’s her name?"

But she didn’t have time to answer as Momo came into the room, with another dog cheerfully following her. “Ah, you’ve already met Lucky.” The dancer smiled warmly at Nayeon, then sat down next to her mother.

“Dad isn’t here?” Momo asked, in Japanese.

“No. He’s working. He’ll be back soon.”

Momo nodded, and followed up with another sentence, but the conversation got a little too complicated for her to follow. So she continued caressing the dog. But at one point, their discussion stopped, and they were looking at her.

Nayeon felt embarrassed. “Sorry. I didn’t follow the conversation. It was rude of me.”

“It’s okay.” Momo got up and walked over to her and also patted Lucky. “My mom just asked if you’re holding up well despite the extensive promotions.” Momo smiled softly. Nayeon turned back to Ms Hirai, and tried to reply in Japanese.

“Um…I’m alright. The promotions are a bit tiring but I’m uh…” Nayeon thought for a moment. She forgot some words. She turned to Momo with an expression that read ‘please help me’.

“You’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter