twenty

Birthday Wishes

07 || twenty


Dongmin was probably the best boyfriend Bin could have. He was cute, smart, responsible, extremely handsome, had a great and most importantly he really liked Bin. There was only one problem. Bin for some reason couldn’t bring himself to feel anything more than friendly fondness for him.

He found himself staring at the older boy at random times during work trying to feel the butterflies everybody talked about but never managed. Like now, watching a clearly interested girl flirt with Dongmin he felt no jealousy, just a bit of pity for the girl knowing her attempts of seduction would lead nowhere.

 

Chanwoo tried not to roll his eyes while Junhwe talked to his girlfriend pretending he was ready to go out despite still going around their apartment in his underwear. He did his best to tune out the sweet nothings coming from his roommate in hopes of eating his breakfast in peace.

It’s not that he hated the fact Junhwe was happy but these days he really couldn’t stand the blissful look that graced the face of his usually bitter roommate. It felt so out of place in the perfect routine of self loathing Chanwoo had built up for himself in the last two years. So instead of sitting there and watching the conversation escalate into cheesy love confessions that would most certainly make him puke Chanwoo put the remains of his cereal into the fridge and left their apartment with a small wave directed at Junhwe who didn’t acknowledge it in any way.

 

The Kang pizzeria wasn’t a dream job but it paid well and the owners were good people. The only downside was that all of the employees felt and acted like a big happy family. It wouldn’t have bothered Chanwoo if they didn’t insist on showing Chanwoo inside that family despite Chanwoo giving, in his opinion, very clear signs that he didn’t want to be a part of it. So, Chanwoo wasn’t that surprised that he was met with a full blown birthday party when he opened the door of the pizzeria. He could barely stretch his lips into an unconvincing smile as his coworkers and a couple of people from his drama club sang happy birthday to him. He was quickly informed that the owners allowed them to close up the shop earlier for the celebration. This was going to be a long night.

 

Chanwoo managed to escape into the employee locker room two hours after. He ignored the bench and collapsed with his back to one of the lockers so he could keep his eyes on the doors. He only drank two glasses of vodka sprite but he wasn’t drunk, he was just feeling some kind of way he couldn’t put in coherent thoughts. Which wasn’t unusual considering he never liked talking or thinking too deeply about his emotions but it seemed the years of pushing down his feelings were catching up with him.

Bin hadn’t contacted him and it shouldn’t have bothered him so much considering he didn’t do it last year but it hurt. It ing hurt and Chanwoo had no idea what he was supposed to do about it. He didn’t know how to contact Bin, how to begin apologizing to Bin for everything, how to tell Bin that he was sorry for pulling back from the kiss two years ago.

Without noticing he wasn’t alone in the locker room anymore. Kim Hanbin was probably the last person he expected to hug him as he cried. The best part of it was that Hanbin didn’t say anything. He just held Chanwoo thru it.

 

Dongmin was gracious as always. He looked disappointed as Bin told him that he didn’t like him in a romantic way. He assured him that there were no hard feelings and that he had no problem with them just being friends. Dongmin even hugged him before they parted ways.

Bin felt lighter as he got ready for bed that night. Bin was finally getting a fresh start. At least he thought so until he reached for his phone on the nightstand to be met with a notification telling him that he had one unread message from Chanwoo.


{A/N:}

If you were to ask me why there’s no dialogue in this chapter I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything except I myself was surprised when I reached half of the chapter and noticed there was no dialogue so far and I kind of liked it so I rolled with it.

I’m also sorry for how long it’s taking me to put the chapters out but I’ve been in a weird place in my life the last few months but thing are starting to fall into place right now.

And I promise Bin and Chanwoo will interact in the next chapter.