seventeen

Birthday Wishes

04 || seventeen


Chanwoo tried to keep his expression neutral as yet another girl, fifth one that day (not that he was counting), approached Bin to wish him a happy birthday and give him a homemade card or some kind of dessert.

Over the last year he had come to realize that most of the people in their class only tolerated him because they wanted to be friends with Bin and Chanwoo was completely okay with that. If he himself had to choose between the two of them he would also choose Bin. The only person blissfully unaware of this predicament was Bin himself. Which Chanwoo was also completely fine with because if Bin found out he would probably climb on a table and lecture everybody on why they should be friends with Chanwoo.

By the time the girl left with a last giggle and a small wave Chanwoo was sure if he gave into his urge to roll his eyes they would get stuck. ˝Aren’t you popular?˝ Thankfully he managed to sound teasing instead of biter.

Bin looked down on all of the gifts scattered on his table and mumbled, ˝Shut up, they are just being friendly.˝

Chanwoo snorted. ˝Yeah right.˝

 

When it was time for them to go home Bin had so many gifts that Chanwoo had to carry some of it for him. Once they were inside Bin’s room Chanwoo jumped on the bed. ˝Will you open them now?˝

Bin hummed noncommittally as he dumped the gifts he carried onto the bed next to Chanwoo. His friend was lying on his stomach turning a neatly wrapped box in his hands. They were probably chocolates, like most of the other gifts he had received. Bin was thankful that his classmates cared enough to give him gift but that alone made the fact nobody gave Chanwoo anything all the more noticeable. A few months ago Bin had come to terms with the fact that he had more than friendly feelings for Chanwoo so he was sure that that fact might have made things look more drastic in his eyes but it made him angry.

˝Can I open them then?˝ Chanwoo’s question brought him back from his thoughts.

˝G-Go ahead.˝ Bin wanted to slap himself for stammering. Chanwoo was too interested in unwrapping gifts to notice what Bin was saying. Bin couldn’t stop himself from staring at him.

Bin had watched many romantic dramas in his life courtesy of his sister who almost always won the fight over the remote. He might have even watched too many and all of them agreed on one thing: that people got extremely stupid once they fell in love. And while Bin spent a good amount of time making fun of them while watching them he couldn’t help but agree now when he figured out what he really felt for Chanwoo.

How many times did he let go of things he shouldn’t have just because Chanwoo didn’t want to talk about it?

How many excuses did he make up and told to their parents so Chanwoo wouldn’t have to go home?

How many times did he cancel or reschedule plans at the slightest hint that Chanwoo needed him?

A kick to his thigh brought him back to reality. ˝All of these are for you so you might as well help me with them.˝

˝Fine.˝ Bin sat down next to Chanwoo and grabbed one of the gifts. ˝Is your brother coming home this weekend?˝

Chanwoo’s brother had left for university which left him alone at home with his parents who judging from what he told Bin were getting less interested in keeping their fighting a secret. Chanwoo gave a short fake laugh. ˝Why would he? I’m only his brother.˝ Bin paused in unwrapping but before he could attempt to comfort him Chanwoo added, ˝I don’t care.˝

Chanwoo wasn’t an idiot. He had to know that Bin wouldn’t believe that. Then again, he had to know that Bin wouldn’t make him talk about it.

On the other hand Bin had no problems with saying things like, ˝Well I’m here and I’m not going anywhere.˝

Chanwoo threw a gift at him. ˝You sound like you just walked out of a ty drama.˝

Bin laughed despite feeling like if their life was a so called ty drama Chanwoo would have already told Bin all of his problems.


{A/N:}

University is kicking my but I’m trying my best.