sixteen

Birthday Wishes

03 || sixteen


Surprisingly it had snowed quite heavily that year. Bin wasn’t a big fan of the cold but he said nothing as Chanwoo slowed down on their way back home from school. Chanwoo didn’t tell him anything about what was happening in his home however Bin would have had to be a complete idiot not to notice how his friend had started avoiding going back home even more than usual in the last weeks.

˝Hey,˝ Chanwoo broke the silence when they walked past a park. ˝Do you want to have a snowball fight?˝

Bin knew that one of his biggest faults was his inability to say no to Chanwoo. He was also scared that it might result in a problem somewhere down the road. Yet, he continued to go along with Chanwoo. ˝Sure.˝

Like any other time following along Chanwoo’s idea ended up with laughter and momentarily forgetting the problems they still had to properly talk about. At least until Chanwoo managed to slip and fall on top of Bin. Snow was getting inside of Bin’s jacket but he remained still as a statue because Chanwoo was burying his face into the crook of his neck instead of moving away.

They were close friends. They had had a fair share of touchy feely moments over the years. Yet something about that particular moment felt different, heavier that anything before did. It didn’t take long for Bin to realize that the main reason for that nagging feeling was the fact Chanwoo wasn’t shaking because of the cold. A more courageous person would have asked their best friend why they were crying. Bin didn’t. He simply raised his hands from the snow covered ground and pulled Chanwoo closer.

Whenever he was with Chanwoo time went by incredibly fast for Bin. Walks from school weren’t long enough to properly discuss everything that happened that day despite the fact they were in the same class, hours spent sitting in front of Bin’s computer playing a random game passed like seconds. Lying in the snow, clutching at his friends jacket and trying not to let his own tears fall Bin felt like time was dragging.

 

His parents were fighting in whispers again. The fact they were trying to hide it so much is what upset Chanwoo the most, what made him become so frustrated he ended up crying on top of Bin. They had parted awkwardly with Bin hugging him and hesitantly whispering to him that he could talk to him about anything.

There was nothing new to talk about. Everything was the same it just kept happening over and over again until he got fed up with it and broke down. Usually it happened in the safety of his bed with a blanket over his face but the desire of wanting to stay there in the snow with Bin instead of going back home got the best of him.

Ha promised himself that it wouldn’t happen again. He reached for his phone that was on the nightstand next to his bed and started typing.

 

Chanwoo: Sorry for ruining your birthday.

Bin: You didn’t.

Chanwoo: Still I feel like I need to make it up to you somehow.

Chanwoo: I’ll buy you food.

Chanwoo: Do you want anything special?

 

Anything’s fine if I’m with you. Bin stared at the words. He had typed them out without thinking and now they were there staring back carrying the realization he wasn’t ready for.

 

Chanwoo: The offer will disappear if you don’t order in the next minute.

Bin: Buyers choice.

Chanwoo: I like the way you think.


{A/N:}

I’m sorry for the late update but my university started so I was busy. I hope you liked this chapter even if I feel like it was kind of ty.

I also made a tumblr so you can follow me yell at me if I take too long to update again which sadly I probably will.