Paths

Street Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few minutes later, Namjoon was done with taking notes. He decided to pack up the tents, for everyone will leave in a while. Taehyung collected the map's copies and packed them into each bag. Seokjin helped Namjoon, while Jungkook helped Taehyung. Jimin stared at the blue sky, thinking about them as a whole.

"Alright! We'll leave now! Just remember that when it's getting dark, follow the map and come back here, is that clear?" Namjoon asked, receiving a nod from everyone. They hugged each other before leaving.

"Well, I hope everyone will be safe and don't lose hope." Seokjin said with a firm nod, before he kissed Namjoon and continued walking.

Jungkook hugged Taehyung. "See you later, good luck!"

Taehyung smiled. As Jungkook left, Taehyung hugged Jimin. "Don't worry. We'll find them, and you two will be together, alright?" Jimin nodded and sighed. Now, all five of them went their own ways. 

Jimin kept walking through the trees. He said to himself, 'Wonder where the animals went...There were so many yesterday, now there's none...' He kept looking here and there and accidentally bumped into what felt like a person, almost like an invisible wall to stop him from going forward. He looked around to see if someone was there. There was no one, just a few birds flying and some butterflies. He reached out his hands to see if the 'wall' was still in front of him, but it wasn't.  He stepped on something. He looked down and saw nothing but a pair of nunchucks. He picked it up.

The nunchucks were wooden, with silver and golden designs, the two lines joined at the bottom to form a dragon. He was surprised to see that there were no scratches or bends. It looked new. He kept it inside his bag, in case he needed it to frighten away animals that come his way, still confused about the sudden appearance of the weapon. He kept walking forward until he reached a road. It was narrow but it was long. He stopped walking to drink some water. While he was drinking water, he could hear someone's footsteps, but he was sure no one was around. He kept the water bottle back inside and decided to follow the path. Although he was walking, he could hear footsteps that sounded like someone was running. The path stopped, so did the footsteps, so did he. He sighed in confusion, "The hell is this?!? Is it my head or- Oh, just forget it..."

He took out his map and tried to find out where he was. "So, I came from this way, and now I'm heading here, so I'm walking towards t-the cemetery?!?" A bad thought entered Jimin's mind: death. He panicked and fell on his knees. As he stood up, the path that stopped, now took a left. The grass that was to his left eroded and disappeared. He could hear the footsteps again. He ran on the path, following the footsteps, as if it led him somewhere. Maybe he could find Yoongi and Hoseok there. He smiled, he could picture those two safe and talking to each other, hugging Jimin when they do meet. After another ten minutes, the path that was being formed in front of him, was soggy; he walked slowly because he didn't want to get messy. The footsteps were now heard at a slower pace.

Jimin could now see the footsteps. He somehow felt it familiar, like he saw them somewhere. "W-Who are you? Why can't I see you?" Jimin asked in a broken voice. He cleared his throat and asked again, but heard no reply. He kept walking, following the path and the footsteps, wondering whether he would need the map anymore. But still, he kept it in his hands for the best outcome. Soon, they stopped. The path disappeared, the footsteps stopped and so did Jimin. They were near the cemetery. There was a strong wind blowing, causing the gate to push open. 'There was no wind a while ago, what the heck is going on?!?' He thought with fear.

Jungkook was walking through the trees singing a song, holding the camera and telling what happened. "So, we are going to look for them now, we spli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter