2.0

A Great Pretender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica look at the girl who is holding her wrist. She was afraid of Yoona. She don't what to do. "Help me please." Yoona cried, Jessica suddenly felt worried. All the frightening feeling inside fades away. 

 

"Yoona?" She met the girl's eyes and see the changes in Yoona's eyes. Yoona was crying again, she see that vulnerable girl again. The one she saw that night. "Please save me." Yoona pleaded as she hug Jessica's legs. 

 

 

Jessica was waiting patiently. She keep walking around the room. "She is fine. She need some rest. Are you her friend?" Jessica don't know if she will say yes or what. The doctor seems just asking, what with lying a little right?

 

"I am." Jessica mumble, but able to hear by the doctor. The man smile as he look at Jessica.

 

"The bell will ring in minutes for dinner, you should head there. You even skip the prayers." Jessica shook her head immediately. She doesn't want to leave Yoona here. She was afraid that she will not see the girl again.

 

"I know you are just concern, but you need to it." Jessica grab the doctor's hand as she plead. "Please Doctor just let me stay, I want to be here till Yoona wakes up." Tha man look at Jessica's hand and back to Jessica.

 

"Mrs. Yook got a right choice. You can stay. I'll be in my office. There is a button in the room. You can push that if you need any help." Jessica nodded and bow as the doctor leave. Jessica didn't think twice as she enter the room. She see Yoona sleeping there soundlessly.

 

She can still remember how Yoona plead. She don't know what Yoona even mean of saving her. She wonder if Yoona want to escape the place. She doesn't know, Jessica knows little things about Yoona. All she heard about the girl is the negative comments of students here. She never asked those in charge too and those with governance. 

 

She want to learn and know Yoona more, but she don't know how. Jessica walk to Yoona's bed and she hold Yoona's hand. She look at Yoona's wrists. There is no sign of any trial of killing herself. Jessica wonder what Yoona is doing with the knife that night. 

 

She was all in her deep thoughts when Yoona wakes up, and looking at her. "Yoona finally you are awake. How are you feeling? You collapsed earlier." Jessica says with concern as she caress Yoona's hand. 

 

Yoona was looking at her with those eyes again. She see how vulnerable Yoona is again. Jessica gave Yoona a reassuring smile. "Don't leave me." Yoona mumble. Jessica nodded and caress Yoona's cheeks. She can't help, but kiss Yoona's crown to comfort the girl.

 

 

"Wow Jessica." Hyoyeon was really amazed as she see Jessica's testpaper. It was only Jessica and Yoona who perfect all the exams. The whole class was all amazed. Yoona usually perfect the exam, but this new girl? They are amazed. Rumors start spreading that Yoona and Jessica are study buddies. Jessica don't even say a thing about the issue.

 

She don't know if that is good or what. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung keep asking, but she choose not to answer. Yoona go to school more often now, but they don't talk. Jessica usually makes conversations, but Yoona is letting it dead.

 

Jessica was silently reading a book outside their room. She is looking at the view outside. Yoona came with a backpack. She don't see Yoona the whole day even last night.

 

"I don't know where you even go." Jessica commented. Yoona look at her and at the book. Yoona pull the book making Jessica surprise. "Why are you reading my book Jessica?" The question was asked rudely, but Jessica ignored it as she love how her name rolled in Yoona's tongue.

 

"You call me by my name. All this time I thought you don't even know me." Jessica smile sheepishly. Yoona shook her head, she don't know why Jessica is even smiling.

 

"Why are you smiling?" Yoona asked. Jessica held Yoona's hand and play with Yoona's fingers. "Yoona, I know we don't have a good impression for each other, but I want to be your friend. I want to be someone that could understand you." Jessica was trying to send all her messages with eye contact with Yoona. The latter was looking at her too.

 

"I don't even need a friend." Yoona says coldly. "Then be my lover."

 

"What?" Jessica let go Yoona's hand. She was shock on what she just say. She fan herself in embarrassment. She failed to notice the small tug in Yoona's lips.  "What am I even saying? Don't mind me." Jessica says as she run inside the room. 

 

Jessica check the time and see it will be soon lights off. Tomorrow is Saturday they all have their time for themselves. Tomorrow is another special day because it's one of the rare day in every two months that they are allowed to leave the place and be back before te clock hit 10 pm.

 

"What are you planning to do tomorrow?" Jessica look at Yoona in surprise. Do Yoona is really talking to her? She can't believe this. Is her mind is playing with her?

 

"Are you talking to me?" Jessica poined herself. Yoona look aroynd and back to Jessica. "Is there anyone here you see that I don't?" Yoona asked. Jessica smile as she sat on her bed.

 

"I am planning to just stay here though. I don't have anything to do outside. I already forgot everything since they sent me here. I will just wait if they visit me. If they have any plan on visiting." Jessica answers honestly. Yoona was on her bed too wearing her pajamas ready to sleep.

 

"They are our parents, the one who is supposed to be guiding us with this. But they choose the throw us in a place and let other people take over our life. They are even the reason why we are like this." Yoona and Jessica never had such conversations. They are just usually arguing, and Yoona will be vulnerable again.

 

"Yoona." The girl look at her. Jessica was looking at the younger girl too. "I don't know your story and you don't know mine." Yoona added. 

 

"Does it matter?" Jessica asked still looking at Yoona and not breaking the staring battle. "To others it does." Jessica let those words sink in her head first. She don't know what to say, but she still find a word to say. 

 

"For me it doesn't." She answers honestly. "But we leave in the world full of expectations." Yoona fight back. This seems a simple conversation yet pull of meaning it's a low key argument and debate.

 

"Then forget all about the of the world." A small smirk form in Yoona's lips. She break the staring game she have with Jessica. "Isn't that the reason why we are here?" It makes sense. Yoona was right, but why Yoona even care right? Jessica wonder.

 

"This place is the world of the people who others thinks are all ." Another statement that Jessica wouldn't against. Yoona is good in her words. Yoona seems so sure with her words, and Jessica just want to listen.

 

"Would you let me in with your world?" Jessica asked hoping for Yoona's answer. She was watching Yoona's reaction. Every thing about the girl's behavior. "Would you let me?" Another question was asked as answer to her question. Jessica don't know, but she feel to trust Yoona. She feel like Yoona is different from anyone. She don't know if it because they share thebsame place or because this girl is Yoona herself. 

 

The last question seems bot needed to answer because Yoona seems know the answer already without hearing anything from Jessica. "Are you even ready to know my world?" A cheshire smile form in Yoona's lips as she look back ay Jessica.

 

"Then get a grip." 

 

 

They have exam again for tomorrow. The whole week is aloted for exam, then it will be end of season. They have two weeks to go home to their fanily if they want to. They can also stay. Jessica was trying hard to focus, but she just can't especially now that she can feel Yoona's arma wrap into her shoulder as the girl guide her with pre-calculus problems for their exam.

 

"You will get the derivative first. This thing is just the same. Like multiplication to division and addition to subtraction. These two works opposite." Yoona look at Jessica.

 

"You are not even listening Jessica. I said focus! Is that even hard to understand? Yunjust keep looking at my arms and hands that holding your hands." Yoona let go of her hands makingbher frustrated. I will be here. Do it yourself and I will check it later." Yoona says as she seat in her chair. Jessica frown as she get the pencil and start solving, but her brain is not working again.

 

She keep trying hard, but it seems 20 minutes already and she haven't even start in the first problem. She look at Yoona and pout. "I don't know what to do. Can you repeat everything? I promise I will be listening." Yoona didn't say anything, she just start explaining things again. Jessica was listening eagerly, she doesn't want to disappoint Yoona.

 

Jessica finish the paper, she have some mistakes. But she can still fix it. It was all due to her carelessness. Jessica look at Yoona who seems sleepy. She smile, she was happy and can still remember when Yoona starts going to school everyday. Students were all shock, but Yoona ignore them. Hyoyeon and Sooyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter