1.0

A Great Pretender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She settled her bag in the side of her bed. The room wasn't small, yet not big. She roamed her eyes in the room. In the end of the room is a window. A table with the same length as the window is placed against the wall. It is divided into two. The other one have books and school stuffs already while the other one is empty. She assumed that part is her side.

 

On the right side of the room is a door with a sign written on it saying 'restroom'. She look at the another bed next to hers. The two bed are separated by a night stand. There is nothing special about the night stand, it is empty. The other bed is clean and fixed properly. It was covered by white sheets just like her own bed. 

 

The wall where the bed is against have a big mirror. The two ends of the bed have lampshade. Jessica see the television at the middle and a couch on the side. She also look at the glass sliding door. The room is more like a room in a vacation house. 

 

It was located in the end part of hall. No one will passes by to it, only those who own the room. She herself was lost looking for the room becoming she doesn't know that such room still exist since the three rooms before it are all closed. 

 

However, she was thankful that the door is sliding since the view outside is fun to look to. At least she have now a little reason to love the place.

 

She didn't let the time passes again as she start fixing her things. She put all her bags in the empty cabinet. She put her books and school stuffs on the table.

 

She frown realizing that she can't use any mobile phone, this is the sad part about it. She is used using phone, but she is restricted.

 

She almost scream  realizing there is someone standing in the door. She stop looking around the room and walk to the door to say hi to the girl standing to it.

 

"Hello, you must be Jessica Jung. I am Park Dara. I am the one in charge of walking the new girl around and tell the rules and regulations here." Jessica nodded hearing the introduction from the girl who seems five years older than her.

 

She assumed that the older girl is a another girl like her. She frown with the idea. A wave from Dara woke her up from her trance of thoughts. Jessica nodded hearing Dara repeat thebwords she was saying that Jessica failed to hear.

 

She was tour around the place. She see how the walls surrounding the place is too  tall; it assures that no one can escape this place. She learned the things around. She leaned that everyone need to be in the dinnin area at 6 am in the morning to have breakfast. At 7 they will do exercise, and some announcements needed. Around 7:30 classes will start and will last until 3 in the afternoon, after that they all have free time till the clock reach 6 pm for prayers, at 7:30 they will have dinner, and settle in their room by 8. Lights off will be at 10, and the cycle will repeat itself.

 

There are changes at weekends. They will still wake up at 6 am do exercise at 7 and at 7:30 do some stuffs assigned to them. After that they all have time for themselves until 6 pm for the prayes and dinner at 7:30. Lights off will be at 11 pm during Friday and Saturday.

 

They will only use telephone if their parents will call or some of their friends, but it is only limited for an hour as maximum.

 

Relatives and friends may visit them, but only every 15th and 30th of the month. Jessica understands every rules and regulation. To sum the things up all she learn is the thing inside this place is way different from the outside world.

 

"What year are you?" Dara asked. Jessica look at the girl before the question process to her brain. "I am at 2nd year." Data nodded, and smile. They continue walking with silence. 

 

"You can visit the uniform and supplies office, look for Bora and she will give you the pair of uniform you needed." Jessica smile and thank the girl for the information.

 

 

Jessica walk back to her room after getting her uniform, she felt really awkward with the woman in the shop earlier. However she let it go, and walk back to her room. As she reach the end of the hall she saw the door was open slightly, she frown with the thought that she forgot to lock it, but when she reach the room she saw a girl sitting in the bed reading something. She try reading it, and it reads 'Carol'. Jessica doesn't have any idea what the book about.

 

"You must be the new girl and Dara might already tour you around. I am sorry for the weirdness of Bora because she is like that." Jessica don't know what to say. The woman is talking to her not looking at her.

 

"Stop looking at me like it was your first time meeting someone. I can't say that it is nice meeting you, but for your information I hate sharing a room. What the heck that Dara even gave me room mate." Jessica was speechless, she watch the woman left leaving the book in the night stand. Jessica's picture frame fall, but not that it break. Jessica was still stunned.

 

 

 

She was sitting all alone in the table at end of the dinning area. Everyone seems have their own friends already. Jessica wonder how long are they in the place already. She wonder what are their reasons? She wonder if ever she have the same condition as the others here? Somehow she feel like she belong here, she belong to the place where all the people that others thought is a blacksheep is collected and living their life like the usual.

 

"It's bad to see someone sitting all alone. You must be the new girl. I am Kim Hyoyeon and here is my friend Choi Sooyoung." The girl named Hyoyeon introduced. Jessica smile as she introduce herself too. 

 

"You know everyone here have thier own issues, me and Hyo are living like it was still the same like we are outside here. We came here together anyway." Jessica nodded in understanding. She smile with the idea that she is making friends, but she was still afraid to trust. But most of the time the first one who approached you is the one you will be with until the end.

 

Jessica was amused seeing how this girl named Sooyoung is eating like it is the end of the world. "Don't mind her, she usually eat like that. So where is your room located? Wing One, Two, Three of Four?" Hyoyeon asked while counting with her fingers. 

 

"I am on the 4th." Hyoyeon look at Sooyoung, and the taller girl look at Hyoyeon too. They are exchanging looks that Jessica can't comprehend what even means.

 

"4th Wing, which floor?" Sooyoung asked casually like they never shared this weird look in front of Jessica. Jessica on the other hand was thinking of what floor she is with. 

 

"I am on the top floor." Jessica finally remember.  Hyoyeon cough making Sooyoung pat her back. Jessica feel like something is wrong. "You mean the floor with only one room open because the other three are lock?" Sooyoung asked, Jessica nodded. 

 

"This is crazy." Jessica heard Hyoyeon mumble. Something seems odd, but Jessica doesn't have any idea since she just came here and it is her first day.

 

"So you are alone?" Jessica shook her head. Hyoyeon was really shock and Jessica can see it. "Yes I shared the room with the girl. Is something wrong with that?" Jessica was killing by her curiosity. She want to know if something is really odd or what.

 

"You mean Im Yoona. Maybe she show how cold and evil she is. Have you met her?" Sooyoung asked. Jessica nodded and Hyoyeon can't stand it anymore.

 

"What did she do?" Hyoyeon asked like ahe is excited, but more like worried. Jes tart thinking of her interaction with Yoona earlier. The girl seems like a . Jessica doesn't like that. She have this bad impression with the girl. Now she learned that the girl is named Yoona. She understands that everyone have their own problems and maybe don't like to be here, but just like the others Jessica is tired of her life. Yet she don't around especially to a stranger. She don't remember her being like this to her room mate when she is freshman.

 

"What do you mean? Who is Yoona? At least I have to learn something to the person I am stayong with." Jessica look at both Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. The two keep giving side glances until it was decided that Sooyoung will be the one who will answer.

 

"Not to exaggerate it, but Yoona is the most unwanted person here. Everyone hates her, she broke rules.  She do everything she want. This is a secret, but they say that the fourth wing have a secret room where students will be put if they reach the limit of breaking the rules. Among the history of this school only Yoona was the first one who enter it." Jessica doesn't know if she will believe it or not, she don't know what to feel right now. Why the school even put her with Yoona? Is her situation is the same with Yoona?

 

"I wonder why the school even put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter