5.0

A Great Pretender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a loud, slow, steady ticking sound coming from the watch, that lays beside the bed. Morning means another day to face. Another stuffs to settle and another long day to wait.

 

The consuming white noise of the air conditioner, creates a safe, alone shell.  Under the duvet that smells like a newly washed piece of cloth, the conditioner still on it. Hugging the person beside her. Person that became her shoulder to lean on and another pair of leg the day she lost hers.

 

The sounds of the outside world slip in, the rushing traffic, and honking of horns, that grows and fades like some unwanted infestation pierces through, destroying the illusion that the quiteness of the room brings.

 

The morning light leaking through the gap of the thick navy blue curtain hanging to cover the sliding door that lead to the veranda of the condominium.

 

The amazing serenity grows again, the beating of the heart same with the ticking of the clock. She close her eyes to open it again the next time. Person hugging her by the waist giving her the warm she lost long time ago. The warm that long gone — twelve years ago to be exact. 

 

The sounds from the next building contruction of building float through the room, and it changes the mood into theirs, tired, helpless and nothingness, all directed by the unknown people from the other unconstructed building. 

 

A movement from the other woman, she sigh this is another morning again, and another pain again.

 

The open eyes shows the coffee brown orbs, showing happiness and hope to her heart which is full of sorrow and pain.

 

"Good Morning Jess." The woman mumble. Morning breath that she used to, bed hair and bare face. She smile, a small tug that form in her sherbet sweet lips. The woman with the kohl black hair hide behind her ear the strand of the hair. Side by side she face the older woman.

 

"How was your sleep?" She asked, lately Jessica been having dreams. A dream about a certain doe eyed girl that she left 12 years ago. Inside that place that act as a rehabilitation for teenagers, but a asylum in disguise. Giving those students medicines that can affect the way they l think making them mentally incapacitated, worst insane.

 

An evil thing that Yoona's family did for money to those poor kids, also her, and especially their own child, Im Yoona.

 

She shook her head, she don't want to give the girl named Tiffany a hard time anymore. The girl got enough taking care for her. At least for now she want to deny that she stop dreaming because Tiffany was here, though that won't ever happen.

 

Showing her eyes smile, she sat up pulling Jessica. The later chuckles as she sat, letting her ebony-black hair plunged through her shoulder. Her hands held by the girl with an eye-smile.

 

"I'll make a breakfast, get ready for office?" She nodded and hummed as an answer. The woman gave her a sweet kiss, and left going to the kitchen of their unit. As the door closed Jessica look to the empty ceiling.

 

The ticking of the clock makes her deaf.  The ceiling engulfs one, as the patterns around the edge change as the eyes follow and are dazed, she was in dazed again as she think of doe eyed girl. Her first love, up until now she's in love with. She never came back to that place again, she don't know if Yoona was still there or what? Ever since that day she came back to their house her parents decided to leave the town and go to Cheongdeongnam. 

 

The furniture around the room rises high into cupboards and shelves which stand tall and proud covered in books , the night stand have the clock, lamp and a frame with Jessica and Tiffany smiling happily. The dull coloured curtains same as the dull brown of the floor and the monotonous cream of the walls and ceiling.

 

Another day for Jessica she don't have any plan because up until now she was afraid and guilty of not telling the authorities of what really happening to that place. She was afraid that Yoona was gone, and if still there maybe those little promises are just part of their young mind.

 

"We'll meet again." She heard Yoona whispering those words one of the night making her in tears. A girl with a cold facade, but have a big heart. Someone like Yoona is someone you won't forget for the rest of your life.

 

How about the woman happily cooking in the kitchen? She knows everything, she know that deep in Jessica's hear she was sharing Jessica's heart with someone in the past, and what hurt more is the fact that it wasn't fair share. All she got is the presence, and a little sympathy and indulgence of being there for the woman's worst days.

 

Tiffany Hwang, she first met her on a holiday to an European country. The  delicate light that coming from the moon that night had just turned the world a-flame with silver when she saw her. 

 

She had a never figure that such meeting will be the first and won't be the last. Her curvilinear waist didn’t surprise her as much as the glossy tint to her complexion. She must be an Asian, she doesn't look like someone from a western country, she thought to herself. Her eyebrows that gives clamer vibes and tranquility inclined slightly as she saw Jessica staring at her. 

 

She yelped at being caught. Her languid eyelashes of velvet-black blinked once slowly, and again she thought this woman will have a big part of her life.

 

When she came closer, she noticed her delicate ears and her dainty nose. Her hair was a glorious tumble of star beam-gold and her virility-brown eyes set Jessica's heart a-thump. 

 

Those sugar candy-sweet lips, her elegant personality, all mesmerized Jessica. But she realized that the woman wasn't special as the doe eyed girl she left years ago.

 

 

 

Like a boredom employee typing trough her computer. Letter by letter code by code. Working as an expert with this specialization. Bulk of papers that needed to record, messy hair, and eyeglasses helping her with the soar eyes because of the radiation.

 

Coffee from her friend resting in the table next to the frame of her and her lover. The sounds of the fingers hitting the keyboard is the only sounds that was there inside the office.

 

"Jessica 4 P.M Report." Precise and concise, yet informative. She is used to it. Corporate world goes like that. 6 years of working is enough, and at the end of the day all you are looking forward is the salary that you're working for until the middle and end of the month.

 

 

That day Tiffany went home, and same thing with her. Home? Where it is she asked? A place that she found in Yoona's arms, and now long gone.

 

In the doorway a man standing with a phone in his hand, maybe talking to someone? Jessica opens the gate by herself. She bow down as a greeting to the man that she don't know anymore, her father.

 

The man smile at him, wrinkled face and lips. In his eyes as he smile. She enter the place and her mom was cooking in the kitchen. Jess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter