5. TOP

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In which a simple scuffle went wrong in the worst way possible.

Starring: Damaged choi Seunghyun (TOP), broken Im Yoona and whoever else relevant.

 

Disclaimer: Angst (ooo my love). Heavy theme, viewer discretion is advised.

 

FIVE.


“What has he done?” questioned Choi Seunghyun numbly, “What the fck has he done?”.

 

 

“Sir, are you alright? Do you need help?” asked a concerned nurse, her purple uniform a catching sight in the white hallway as she spotted a bloodied Seunghyun wandering listlessly, aimlessly down the hallway.

 

 

“Sir!” she repeated forcefully, grabbing hold onto Seunghyun, forcing the man to stop in his track, only to take a step back involuntarily at the empty, broken gaze that stared back at her.

 

 

“Sir?” she questioned once more.

 

 

“My wife,” choked Seunghyun, bile rushing up his throat at the sequence of events that led him, her, them, here, “I hurt my wife.”

 

 

The nurse straightened up in alarm, unsure what to make of this turn of events, uncertain if the man’s statement was the truth or a product of shock, “Where is your wife sir?”

 

 

“In the OR,” he whispered just as tears started to build in his eyes, “They brought her into the OR, Yoona is in the OR.”

 

 

Keeping her calm, the nurse nodded gravely, “Would you like to come with me sir? We can get you checked up while we wait for her to come out.”

 

 

Seunghyun shook his head numbly, “Not mine.” he said brokenly, “The blood’s not mine. It’s hers.”

 

 

The nurse stared at the floor, noting the ruby droplets. One. Two. Three. Drip. Drip. Drip. And took a cursory glance at Seunghyun’s hands.

 

 

She shook her head, “No sir, your palm is bleeding, there’s a glass shard embedded in it. If you would follow me, I’ll remove it and get you bandaged up real quick.”

 

 

Seunghyun shook her off as he shook his head slowly, “I deserve it.” he said, “I deserve to bleed.”

 

 

“Sir!” shouted the nurse one last time as Seunghyun continued his walk to nowhere.

 

 

His walk was a long one, his footstep dragging as he trudged on, unmindful of the glances directed his way, uncaring of anyone standing in his way.

 

 

It was only when he reached a dead end, void of any human presence, where only the deafening silence greeted him did he stopped. Staring ahead, Seunghyun stared at his reflection that was staring blankly back at him. The night was dark outside so he could see himself clearly, flaws and all.

 

 

“You b*stard,” he said, “You motherfcking bastard.”

 

 

“You hurt her,” he continued, his voice breaking, “You fcking hurt her.”

 

 

Seunghyun staggered back at the weight of his words, the truth breaking him further, shattering him into a million pieces as he slid down the wall and onto the cold hard floor. Like a dam unleashed, Seunghyun finally allowed the sobs to wreck his body, his chest heaving at the intensity of his meltdown. He hurt her, God, he had hurt her so bad.

 

 

He didn’t mean it, he thought, he hadn’t meant to do it. He hadn’t meant to shove her that hard, for her to lose her bearings only to land back first into the glass coffee table. All he wanted was to shake her arm off him, to put some space within them, to put some space between him and her disappointed eyes.

 

 

Snot dripped from his nose as another gut-wrenching sob ripped through his body. Blood, there had been so much blood. She had stared at him when she landed through the table, a hard smack to the marble floor to her head as she tried to break the fall, a thousand glass fragments surrounding her. Her eyes registered shock first, for it all happened so fast, before it morphed into fear when the weight of her predicament dawned on her. She was injured and rather severely so. “Seunghyun?” she had called out then, her doe eyes flooded with fright. How could she have called out to him, so instinctively, so trustingly, as though he was her salvation, the one she should turn to when he was the very one who caused this to begin with.

 

 

He had rushed to her then, uncaring of the glass pieces, uncaring if he would get cut. With infinite care, he brushed them gently off her as her tears started to come then. She was crying. She was crying because of him. “It hurts,” she had said then, “Seunghyun I’m scared.”

 

 

Seunghyun hushed her soothingly even as panic began to unravel within him, even as tears had started to build in his own eyes. Blood, so much blood, “It’s okay baby, don’t move. I’m just going to grab my phone and call the ambulance real quick.” She had grabbed onto him instinctively then, delirious and scared out of her wits, “don’t leave me” she said, “please don’t leave me here.” His heart and spirit had splintered further then.

 

 

Cradling her face gently in his arms, he placed a long lingering kiss at Yoona’s forehead, needing to reassure her, “It’ll be okay, I’ll be back before you know it, I promise.” before rushing to his phone, his heart breaking at the sobs she unleashed when he left, even if it were for a brief moment.

 

 

Seunghyun sniffled hard as he tried to breathe, his eyes red from the relentless tears. How could he have caused this? How could he have done this? Done this to the one person who meant the most to him.

 

 

It started off recreationally, the first puff. Times had been hard, his work stressful, and they had just lost a child, their beautiful unborn child in the second trimester. How it possible to love someone so much without meeting them? Because that was what he had felt towards their son. He had been drunk when a co-worker offered him, and like the drunken fool that he was, he took it, an innocent whiff of the seemingly harmless white powder. He had felt great after that, carefree and free from the sorrow that plagued him; the death of his unborn son, the grief of his beautiful wife. He told himself he could control it, that he would only take it as a last resort, when there was really no way out of an unbearably rough day. But one whiff became two, and two became three and the next thing Seunghyun knew, he was addicted to .

 

 

Work had suffered, as did his relationship with his wife. He became withdrawn, easily irritable and cagey, always craving the next fix. He had tried quitting, to go cold turkey but it had been hard, so hard, utterly helpless at the dependency he had for the drug. It hadn’t taken Yoona long, even with her grieven state to realize something was wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter