3. GDragon

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In which GDragon gave Yoona in what many others dubbed as the proposal of a lifetime.

Starring: The ever romantic Kwon leader, an unsuspecting Im Yoona, plenty of VIP fans and a splash of Big Bang wonder.

 

Disclaimer: Took a break from crack (whew!) but suffering from diabetes from a sweetness overload (Kyah!).

 

THREE.

What a journey it had been, thought Yoona wistfully as she watched Big Bang hype the crowd via the plasma tv screen backstage, a small smile gracing her lips as the cameraman panned into Jiyong. Years had long past; she was no longer active as a member of Soshi (SNSD had retired with grace from the idol scene four and a half years back) but was now a successful entrepreneur who dabbled into acting when a good script lands on her desk. Big Bang had come and went into the army together three years back and was now making the last stop of their comeback concert in Seoul, many had reservations in regards to their popularity after their hiatus whilst in the army but the five membered band from YG proved every one of the critics wrong with yet another all-kill album, their popularity skyrocketing, surpassing everyone’s expectation, not bad for a band whose members are into their early to mid-thirties.

 

“Mama, mama, that’s papa!” exclaimed a little girl, a toy bunny in hand as she shook her mother’s hand excitedly while she pointed to the plasma screen.

 

Yoona smiled at the little toddler by her side, Kwon Jihye, her’s and Jiyong’s little bundle of joy who was born exactly two years ago today on a winter night. What a scandal it had been, recalled Yoona. The two of them had been together for a little over three years when they had found out Yoona was pregnant. Yoona had fretted about the public backlash should the bloodthirsty media catch hold of this news; unwed - a taboo in the conservative society- and both of them being big names in the korean entertainment industry, she could only imagine the amount of uproar this little bit of news would cause. Jiyong had been ecstatic at the news -after the initial fainting spell- and had proposed to her shortly after, but she had declined then. She hadn’t want to get married just because she was expecting a baby, she didn’t want to bind them both into a lifelong commitment only to resent each other for holding one another back, she just couldn’t bear it, and so she had said ‘no’, wanting more time to be sure of making that this was something that they were both emotionally ready for. Jiyong had been disappointed then but understood where she came from, supporting her choice. He was there every step of the way; the moment the entire korea knew of her pregnancy, the backlash, the medical appointments, the critics, he was there all the way, defending her-their- choice, even if close friends and family had questioned if it was the right thing to do. Yes, they were living together and very much in love but no, they just weren’t ready, came the simple reply every time he was asked. And she was so so thankful for that.

 

And so, years had passed since then, while Jiyong waited patiently, and occasionally every now and then he would hint none too subtly, asking if she was ready, and each time she hesitated (between child-raising and her career, she hadn’t had the time to consider her emotions and things through), Jiyong would give a gentle kiss and told her he understands. Jiyong’s mother had asked her jokingly a handful times, asking when she would make Jiyong an honest man and that became their little joke. Jiyong had found it hilarious and once when a reporter had ask for marriage plans, Jiyong had replied wittily, “I don’t know, I guess it depends on when Yoona decides to make a honest man out of me.”

 

And whilst VIP had been outraged initially when the pregnancy news broke, demanding for their beloved oppa to be returned to them, over the years, they had learnt to accept and love Yoona, and now VIPs were singing a different tune; asking and begging for Yoona to marry their beloved Kwon leader, to make him happy. Of late though, now that things have rather settled down, she was beginning to wonder if it was time for them to take the next step, to give her daughter a “complete” family, especially since Jiyong had been hinting that he wants a second child for a few months now. Perhaps, it was really time for them both to tie the knot.

 

“Mama~” whined little Jihye, seeing that her mother wasn’t showering her with her complete attention.

 

“Alright, alright.” cooed Yoona, bouncing a little as she carried Jihye, “Do you want to go out to find papa?”, laughing as her beautiful daughter let out a delighted shriek.

 

“Okay, but we have to be really quiet okay?”

 

At that, Jihye replied by animatedly putting a finger to her lips. Yoona nuzzled Jihye’s cheeks, she was so adorable, and wondered for the millionth time, what had she done to deserve such an angel.

 

Greeting the backstage crew, she watched as they fawned over little Jihye, like her father, she had everyone wrapped around her little chubby finger and was completely unabashed about that fact. Jiyong’s little princess, she was dubbed, and a little princess she is.

 

Jihye watched, her little neck craning as her uncles and father talked and joked around on stage, only to let out a excited shriek as her favourite uncle Seungri caught sight of her and pointed Jiyong towards his daughter’s direction.

 

//

 

Kwon Jiyong stood at the centre of the stage, watching, surveying the wave of the yellow crown lightstick staring back at him. It was now the halfway mark of the final stop of their comeback concert. So many years had passed since he first stood here performing for his fans. He had hoped for sure, but never had he expected to accomplish this much when he first started his journey, to cement the status of being the King of Gods of Kpop, for GDragon to be such an omnipotent figure in the Korea music scene. And he felt incredibly thankful for everything that he had, blessed for the supprt and love he had received since.

 

Jiyong drew his attention back to the present at the hearty laughter emitting from the audience. He quirked a smile at the sight of Daesung and Seungri comically entertaining their fans; some things just don’t change. Youngbae came over, nudging his best friend, “You okay? Penny for your thoughts bro?”

 

Jiyong shook his head, “I’m fine, just reminiscing the past and feeling so fcking grateful.”

 

Youngbae nodded, “Yeah who would have thought we would be standing here, bigger than ever after our army years. To think you were so angry at YG hyung when he decided to put us into an idol group.”

 

GD chuckled, “The good old days huh.”

 

Youngbae laughed, remembering young Jiyong; his best friend had matured plenty since then and he was so proud of the man Kwon Jiyong had become.

 

“So, have you seen that placard?” asked Youngbae as he gestured towards his left.

 

Jiyong laughed, of course he did, it was the first thing that caught his eye. In an A3 size board, the red LED lights that stared back at him said, “Marry Me! I’ll make a honest man out of you Ji Oppa!”

 

“So, when are you planning to ask your lady the big question?”

 

Jiyong sighed, feeling a little despaired, wondering if the time would come that Yoona would agree to be his wife, “Honestly? The second I get the feeling that she’ll say yes. I really can’t wait but I don’t want to pressure her you know?”

 

Youngbae nodded, clapping his friend on his back, “She will you know, just give her time. You guys are meant to be, and hey, who knows tonight might just be the night. You know all four of us are rooting for you no matter what, no matter when the day is.”

 

Jiyong chuckled, “I’ll hold you to that.”

 

Just then Seungri gave a mischievous smile, pointing towards the side of the stage that was hidden.

 

Jiyong smiled, positively radiant at seeing the loves of his life, laughing a little at seeing his daughter excitedly shriek at the attention he was giving her from a distance away.

 

“Yoroboon! Seems like we have a special guest today! Want to say hello to our birthday girl? Our princess Kwon Jihye?” teased Seungri as he joyfully exclaimed into the mic. They had prepared a cake of course, but it was for the after party, when the concert had ended.

 

Jiyong groaned at the excited scream from his fans, he was going to kill Seungri later.

 

Flustered, the backstage crew rushed to bring the cake out as Seungri made his way to the side to jostle and invite Yoona and Jihye on stage.

 

A hand covering his smile, Jiyong watched as Yoona made her way gingerly out from the shadows, she was dressed comfortably; in a navy blue sweater and jeans with a black baseball cap covering her face. He watched as Yoona scowled at Seungri, seeming chastising him for this impromptu appearance while Seungri laughed it off, swinging a friendly arm around his favourite sister-in-law.

 

Jiyong smiled when Yoona appeared by his side as she bowed politely to the screaming fans, screams that got even louder as he hugged her before carrying his little princess who was staring at the commotion with a curious eye.

 

The birthday song was sung and an excited Seungri kidnapped Jihye, entertaining the fans and his daughter both with his unabashed antics.

 

“You look beautiful.” whispered Jiyong as he brought an arm around her as they both watch Seungri charm the audience.

 

Yoona elbowed him, “I’m in a comfy sweater, jeans and sneakers you doof.”

 

Jiyong smirked, “Exactly, beautiful.”

 

Yoona chuckled as she shook her head, one would think she would have gotten used to this after five years but apparently not, Kwon Jiyong never fails to surprise her with his unexpected compliments.

 

“Have you seen that?” asked Jiyong as he gestured over to the left.

 

Yoona squinted her eyes, only to laugh out loud at the message on the placard, laughing even louder now that the fan realized she had gotten the attention of the two idol stars.

 

“See! I’m in high demand, love. When will you make a honest man out me, Im Yoona?” asked Jiyong jokingly.

 

Yoona smiled adoringly, gazing up at the love of her life. Her earlier words rang back at her, perhaps, it was really time. “I don’t know Kwon, when you ask me the question perhaps.”

 

Jiyong’s jaw fell open, unbelieving of what he had heard, was that a yes? “W-What?”

 

Yoona chuckled, it was a rare sight to leave Jiyong speechless, “I said, when you ask me the question.”

 

“You’re joking?” said Jiyong as he desperately tried to squash the hope that was raising in him, he would be devastated if Yoona was only teasing him.

 

Yoona merely smiled serenely at him as she shook her head at him while he beamed at her, a hand covering his full fledged smile as he stared at her disbelievingly.

 

And at that moment, Kwon Jiyong felt like he had struck a lottery. She was going to say yes! Unbeknownst to them both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter