μ

INTERPOLATION
 
 

LINKS

DAMCHU

 

C

 

N

 

NT

 

INTERPOLATION

Mia here. Not MIA, Mia. And here's my story about the guy I found cute and tried numerous times to talk to finally talking to me. You'll be in for a ride with my best friends HImchan, Junhong and Jaz. There's the boy Daehyun too. And a couple of other unnescessary people coming along our way.

Story Name: INTERPOLATION
Characters: OC, Daehyun, Himchan, others
Word Count: 569

CHAPTER 12

MIA; THE PROTAGONIST
KIM HIMCHAN: THE BEST FRIEND
JUNG DAEHYUN: THE BOY
A FLOWER FFS

I didn’t think Daehyun’s household would be so…loving. And genuine. I wore mismatched shoes to their house and I was literally carried into their home by their lone son but instead of being judged I was welcomed with open arms. I guess judging my cooking was the most I could get form the Jung household.

Mrs.Jung was a beautiful woman, she turned her rugged southern accent into something y and her son had definitely picked up on it too. It was nice to see a family keeping close to their roots. Mrs Jung worked away in the kitchen and I sat atop a stool. Daehyun acted as sous chef, chopping vegetables and clearing the dishes as Mama Jung worked her magic on the stove. “You make cooking look like less of a chore.” I sighed, at the woman moving about her kitchen elegantly.

“Cooking is an art form” the woman smiled. “When there is love and devotion, everything becomes art”

“She looks cool when she cooks too” Daehyun added.

Pausing at her sons statement the woman rested a hand on her hip and judged her son. “And when have you seen her cook.”

“Just this morning, I made breakfast” I butted in. “Normally I prepare your dinner dish before leaving for uni with Daheyun.”

“And what did you make?”

“Something simple really, we just emptied my friend’s freezer -” Daehyun came around behind me to clamp a hand over my mouth.

“She made an American style breakfast, minus the pancakes and sweets. There were eggs, sausages, hash browns and mushrooms.” He bragged, “It was just enough for us” he finished with a glance to my face as a distance too close for comfort as his mother watched on. Swatting his hand away the lad grinned and moved back to his station.

“That’s not easy to make. I’m glad you kids had something yummy to eat she smiled.”

“I doubt it was as good as that broccoli bake.” Daehyun’s sister smirked while carrying a bowl of soup out of the kitchen. Slipping on the tiled floor the girl fell to the ground, spilling her soup on me and herself. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” she apologies profusely while her brother sent her a death glare.

“It’s alright, it was an accident.” Pulling the sweater away from my frame I looked to Daehyun. “Could you grab my bag from the car?”

“Sure, I’ll show you to the bathroom first.” He answered. Once in the bathroom I stripped into my underwear and soaked Himchan’s sweater immediately, finding some detergent in the bathroom to gently clean the sweater with. My pants weren’t salvageable with the crimson soup staining them.

The rapping of knuckles on the door led me reaching my hand out of a crack from the door. A white sweater sat in my hands along with some leggings, but they weren’t mine. Taking the hint, I decided I’d question his motives later, especially when the sweater smelt of his cologne.

Stepping out and back to the kitchen, Daehyun’s sister gasping dramatically didn’t help. “She’s wearing his favourite sweater” she cooed.

“And she looks good in it” came a comment from a hard-faced middle aged man. Mr.Jung was an older version of his son, the struggle of life hardening the man’s face but keeping the gleam in his eyes. A dumb smile remained plastered on both father and son’s faces throughout dinner.

“Yeah, sounds about right to me” I sighed. Dinner tonight will be an arderous task.