λ

INTERPOLATION
 
 

LINKS

DAMCHU

 

C

 

N

 

NT

 

INTERPOLATION

Mia here. Not MIA, Mia. And here's my story about the guy I found cute and tried numerous times to talk to finally talking to me. You'll be in for a ride with my best friends HImchan, Junhong and Jaz. There's the boy Daehyun too. And a couple of other unnescessary people coming along our way.

Story Name: INTERPOLATION
Characters: OC, Daehyun, Himchan, others
Word Count: 580

CHAPTER 11

MIA; THE PROTAGONIST
KIM HIMCHAN: THE BEST FRIEND
JUNG DAEHYUN: THE BOY
A FLOWER FFS

“You sure you can go to class in this state?” Concern laced Daehyun’s voice as everyone prepared to leave the car.

“I can’t risk staying home, plus we’ve got the group project to begin working for.” Came my reply as I opened the door.

“Be sure to let us know if you get sick, I’ll talk to the lecturers for you.” Yongguk spoke as he handed my crutches.

“Thanks class rep, let’s get to our lecture then” I smiled. Crutches swung back and forth in rhythm as we moved closer to the lecture theatre. The boys goofed off on their own and my other friend joined the crowd. Daehyun and Youngjae talked and Himchan teased Junhong while the others laughed, Jaz walked beside me as we savoured this interaction between our friends.

The hours passed with typical classes and university stress. Tired limbs slumped against Daehyun’s car seats, making breakfast this morning didn’t help as well. Pulling out his phone Daehyun called someone, speaking in hushed tones as I drifted off into dreamland. The car hummed to life as sleep overcame me, a peaceful and comfortable silence fell in the car.

Twenty minutes later I woke up to Daehyun driving, he had just entered our suburb. “Rest well?”

“Yeah, I didn’t think the today would take so much out of me”

“No kidding, you even drooled.” A hand to my mouth revealed his bluff as Daehyun laughed on, thinking I didn’t notice he didn’t turn into my street. “Why are we going straight?”

“Well, I’m not letting you cook something when you’re unwell. And my mother has been wanting to meet my mystery carpool friend”

“Daehyun. I’m wearing a giant sweater I stole from Himchan’s closet on top of a pair of white jeans along with mismatched shoes. Turn around, I need to change.”

“You look fine, trust me. And why do you need to dress up? They’re just my parents.”

“The people who let you drive me around with their fuel money, yeah, I’m fine with that.”

“It’s not their fuel money.” He laughed softly. “I pay the gas for my car.”

“So I’ve been sending meals to your family for no reason?”

“Bringing happiness out of pure goodness from one’s heart isn’t considered no reason.” He began poetically only to laugh at my unamused expression.

“I hate you. I feel like a fool.” Overthinking comes easy, this is so embarrassing.

“That’s okay, I can work around that.” He grinned as he pulled in front of a humble home in the pretty part of suburban Northland. Ruefully stepping out of the house thundering footsteps barrelled towards his front door. The door swung open to reveal a little girl with Daehyun’s eyes enlarging at the sight of me.

“IT’S A GIRL!” she called back into the house. Muscular arms under my frame ended my struggle with crutches on the stairs to his front door. The child came back and screamed again “MOM HE’S CARRYING HER INSIDE! BRIDAL STYLE.”

“Daehyun you cannot get more embarassing.” I harshly whispered only to have him chortle in response and I can’t do anything as Mrs. Jung barrels down the hallway in her apron.

“Oh hello! It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. Daehyun put the poor girl down”

“Thank you for having me here at such short notice. I’m Mia by the way.”

“More like M.I.A” Daehyun’s sister laughed.

“Yeah, sounds about right to me” I sighed. Dinner tonight will be an arderous task.