five

Traitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho loved Nari for as long as Sora could remember.

 

The young boy knew he was no longer allowed to go into the woods, especially after what had happened to his younger sister. The rule was instituted across thbe pack after her disappearance, curfew at six pm if you were under fifteen, no going into the woods, and no contact with other shifters.

 

The alpha’s children felt their life change, all the initial happiness which came with youthful freedom taken away. They were never allowed to be alone anymore, let alone leave the house and run into the woods. 

 

Nevertheless, Suho almost ran into the glass door, his small fingers fumbling with the sliding lock. He knew he would get in trouble, but at the moment he did not care about the consequences of his actions.  

 

His bare feet flew down the wooden porch, and down the stairs, finally stepping down onto the soft green grass. The imposing house, which served as the headquarters for all pack activities, as well as, housed the alpha family. It stood at the edge of the forest, farthest away from the humans whose curiosity inevitably brought danger, as was the pack mentality. 

 

Still the clearing behind the house filled a half a mile radius of growing grass and weeds, empty for sparing and gatherings. 

 

Suho ran across in under a minute, his supernatural speech propelling him forward. His hesitation came when he reached the very edge, one more step and he would be in the forest.  But he had already come this far and the foolish pride of young wolves made it seem as if turning back around would be some sort of failure on his part for not seeing his intentions through. 

 

This time his pace was slow, he was moving cautiously one foot at a time. Even in the heat of a little after mid day, the slight shadows which grew as the sun moved west added to the fright of the woods. 

 

As time went on his mind grew heavier. 

 

He left the sanctuary of his house because he had argued with his father, his cheek still bore the weight of the slap that had come due to his insolence, something that was not tolerated under the rigid hierarchy his pack followed. 

 

As the eldest and a son, his father granted him little time to enjoy his puppy days, the time cut dramatically short after his sisters departure. Since then all he was taught was centered around his duty, his responsibility as the future leader of the pack and the future leader of the family. 

 

Family was always important, in both their wolf and human instincts. But what he knew what his father preached was no longer family, but a glorified version of a military and he was being groomed to command. 

 

The pack no longer felt welcoming, but rather grew to reflect the mindset of their alpha, albeit reluctantly. Everyone had felt the loss of the alpha’s youngest daughter, but the dramatic shift in the inner workings of the pack shocked all the families. However, anyone who objected was ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter