four

Traitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man in front of her had straight black hair that was cut short on the sides, clearly tall and his eyes stared right into her. 

 

He approached her like one would approach a scared child, slowly with small steps and both of his hands up in the air to show he meant no harm. Yet, the seemingly innocent gesture did not help Sora, her heart hammering in her chest as she realized that she never got back last night. Her palms grew clammy as her brain raced through the consequences of her predicament. 

 

Suho. 

 

What would happen to him? Would they punish him for her absence? What about her mother? Slowly the panic set in as a ringing in her ears grew more and more loud, her breath came out in short, ragged gasps and her two hands flew to her ears. The room was suffocating, everything felt suffocating. 

 

Sora did not hear the door slam open as hands gathered her up, but it didn’t help. She felt small and crushed, the weight of some stranger making the feeling so much worse. She did not want this. She did not want to be here. 

 

“Get out.” a voice spoke in a harsh whisper, she flinched at the unexpected tone. 

 

“I told you not to come in” the man spoke in a softer tone, while sparing a glance at the girl huddled in his pack member's arms.

 

“Learn to take things slowly, you’re clearly making things worse.” 

 

A quiet whimper answered the scolding as Sora felt the pressure slowly ease off of her, new waves of exhaustion and panic set her into a small rocking motion. She started into her lap, eyes glazed over with tears. 

 

“Can you breathe with me?” the man spoke again but she couldn’t bring herself to respond. The confusion seeping into her mind, caused her to slowly lift her eyes up, her head still firmly planted downwards facing her lap. The man was closer but still a small distance away, enough that she did not feel attacked. 

 

“Take breathes with me,” he motioned with his hand lifting up and down, following the rhythm of his lungs. Sora tried imitating, and slowly choked in the air. It hurt as the gasps went down and into her lungs, wide open trying to breathe. 

 

As she settled down, she grew more defensive. Her eyes grew accusatory, she was not meant to be here. She needed to escape. 

“Who are you?” Sora threw the words at the man, who looked unsurprised.

 

“I’m Kris and I would like you to answer some of my questions before I can answer all of yours.” 

 

She shook her head violently, a clear sneer on her face as she said, “I owe you no explanations, you kidnapped me.” 

 

The tall man released a heavy sigh and sat perched awkwardly on the foot of the bed. Upon closer inspection, he looked raggad, clearly tired and malnourished. It didn’t make sense, if this was his house, why did he look so shattered? 

 

“You’re a shifter.” 

 

His statement left no room for question. He wasn’t looking for confirmation from her about her biology, rather he said it as if he was announcing to her that he knew the fact.  

 

“Yet you attack us, your people.” 

 

But this sentence was different, his tone was heavy with caution, hesitation, confusion and a little disgust. Sora unwillingly felt shame, and then anger. 

 

“I’m not your people.” she spat back, her stance defensive and angry. 

 

Her response brought clearly confusion to the man, and his handsome features scrunched into a frown.

 

“No.” he replied, in the manner someone explains things to a child. “You are a shifter, we are shifters.” He pointed between them, hoping to gain some solidarity through the action.

“We share the same genetic makeup, the same blood, the same soul. Have your parents not taught you our history?” 

 

The last sentence made Sora ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter