three

Traitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

The moment her eyes locked with the pack of wolves, their growls pierced the air.

 

The chase had begun again, but this time there was nowhere for her to run away.

 

A sharp pain in her thigh had brought Sora back to her senses; she was suddenly reminded of the dangerous situation she faced. Slowly, watching the wolves ahead of her, she backed up.

Inching backward Sora prayed that the gun would provide her with some security, but she honestly did not know how to escape.

 

Fighting was the only option.

 

When the first wolf pounced, it was as though time had slowed down and her feet were glued to the floor. The wolf aimed for her arm, out of reflex she pulled the gun forward, squeezing the trigger.

 

The motion caused everyone to pause, they all waited for the bullet to follow.

 

But it never did.

 

The pit in Sora’s stomach sank, they all now knew she was defenseless.

 

The remaining wolves wasted no time attacking all at once. It was too much for Sora, she stumbled back, falling to the ground in her fight to get away.

 

She kicked and punched, her nails ranking in the fur, but it did not do any reasonable damage.

Her blood pooled around her as she felt a chunk ripped out of her good leg. She screamed when she felt a wolf bite her ankle to drag her forward into the paws of the pack.

 

This was not how she imagined herself dying.

 

A grey wolf jumped in front of her, snarling towards the others.

Everyone paused confused; Sora couldn’t wrap her mind around what was happening.

 

However, the calm was fleeting, and a wold launched himself right back at her. The grey wolf threw his body against the jumping wolf, effectively pushing the wolf back.

 

It was a battle of snarls and teeth, the pack of wolves was shifting uneasily on the sidelines not knowing who to help.

It seemed as though the grey wolf was losing and Sora didn’t know what to do.

Both wolves fought with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter