Chapter 2

White Tulip

Seokjin walks to the nearest café. The café that him and Namjoon had their first date. Maybe the café is not a great place for a date, but to them, it felt perfect. Sipping coffee and sharing a piece of cake, while talking about their lives. There is nothing more to ask for.

 

But now, it doesn't feel right. Walking to a café that held so many memories, laughter and secrets of the couple. He regrets walking away from him, when he could have told him right then and there about their future. But he's scared. Scared of breaking his heart. Although Namjoon is a tough man, in reality, he's actually a sweet cinnamon roll.

 

He turns into a little kid when he sees toys or action figures of his liking. Not to mention that he adores babies, but he's scared to hold them as he's clumsy and might drop them. Seokjin chuckles at the thought. Poor children.

 

Arriving at the café, Seokjin enters and walks towards the counter and glances up to the menu. He questions whether he should get the usual.

 

"Hey, welcome back! I haven't seen you in weeks! How are you?"

 

Seokjin glances down towards the voice and met eyes with his favorite barista. "Hey, Jimin. I'm alright. What about you?" He purses his lips and looks up to the menu again.

 

"Having relationship problems?"

 

Seokjin scrunches his nose, knowing fully well why Jimin asked. "It's complicated." He glances down, fiddling his fingers trying to avoid explaining himself. And it seemed to work. The barista didn't question any further.

 

"I'm sorry for butting in. I just…" Jimin looks around and leans towards Seokjin, "… go sit down. I'll get you the usual and it's on the house." Seokjin opens his mouth to retaliate but Jimin cuts him off by placing a finger on his lips. "It's on the house."

 

Seokjin glances at the finger of his lips. Jimin removes his finger quickly and nervously scratches his nape. Seokjin slowly nods and proceeds to a table near a window. He glances back at Jimin one more time and shakes his head. He takes off his backpack and places it on the chair at his left side.

 

He looks around the café in curiosity when his eyes land on a couple walking out a restaurant with their hands intertwined. Seokjin places an arm on the table and lays his head on top, pondering. He isn't sure why, but he loves to watch the people outside the café. It's interesting to witness people falling in love for the first time. Holding hands, hugging and whispering kind romantic words to their beloved. Or sometimes, even happy families. Parents, each holding a hand of their child, the fathers carrying their child on their shoulders while the mother is holding a baby against her chest with a smile on her face.

 

Those beautiful moments he witnesses is what he wishes to have. He wants to marry Namjoon and adopt children, whom they will love unconditionally. Watch their children grow and become successful adults. Play with their grandchildren and hopefully be able to meet their great grandchildren. Not only that, but throughout that long journey, he hopes that the love that he and Namjoon share, remains until death.

 

Seokjin smiles at his thoughts. That's the future that he wishes and hopes for. To be with his beloved for an eternity, but certainly, that's not what fate wants for him.

 

A small thud snaps him from his thoughts. He turns away from the window and glances down to the table. His usual, hot chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake, sitting pretty in front of him. He heard shuffling and the squeaks of a chair. He looks up and sees Jimin staring at him.

 

Jimin smiles, a comforting smile, and motions him to dig in.

 

Seokjin nods and takes a sip of his hot chocolate and groans in pleasure. This is exactly what he needs at this moment. He grabs the fork that Jimin positioned on the plate and cuts through the slice of cake. Slowly, he takes a bite, cherishing the sweet taste of the chocolate. "Did your parents change the recipe?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "No? Then why does it taste different?"

 

Jimin shrugs his shoulders. "How does it taste?"

 

Seokjin takes another bite, closing his eyes, savoring the richness of the chocolate sponge. "It's…" Jimin bites his lips in anticipation. "It's even more delicious! If your parents didn't change the recipe then who bakes this?"

 

"I did. You're actually the first one to taste it."

 

Seokjin chokes on the bolus of cake. "You made this?"

 

Jimin nods with a content smile on his face. Seokjin grins in return and continues to eat the cake.

 

He couldn't help but think about how precious the smile from the man adjacent to him is. So innocent and pure. That smile can replace the sun on a rainy day. It made his heart flutter a little bit.

 

Seokjin shook his head. He shouldn't be feeling this way.

 

He reaches for the mug of hot chocolate and catches Jimin's gaze still on him.

 

"Do I have something on my face?" Seokjin grabs a napkin and wipes his lips. He looked at the napkin. Blank. No stain or left over chocolate. He glares at the man. "Why do you keep staring?"

 

Jimin turns his head away, embarrassed. He massages his nape nervously.

 

"I'm sorry. It's just-" Jimin purses his lips and smiles. "-you look adorable when you eat. You really do live up to your nickname, Alpaca."

 

Seokjin smacks Jimin's shoulder and glares at the man sitting across from him. "Call me that again and I'll murder you."

 

Jimin massages his shoulder and laughs mockingly. "If you murder me then who's going to make you that delicious chocolate cake for you?"

 

Seokjin purses his lips and nods in defeat. "You're right. Then you'll get to live." Seokjin crosses his arms, raises his left eyebrow and leans his back on the seat. "Well, for now."

 

Jimin chuckles and fist pumps the air out of excitement.

 

Seokjin glances at the counter and notices a person fidgeting on the spot. "Jimin, I think the person is waiting to order." He points towards the counter. Jimin turns around hesitantly.

 

He shrugs and faces Seokjin. "He can wait or my little brother can take his order."

 

"Park Jimin." Seokjin jokingly growls.

 

Jimin rolls his eyes and sighs. "Fine, I'll do it, you bossy alpaca."

 

Seokjin points the fork at him. The barista runs in fear of getting stabbed. He knew Seokjin is capable of actually stabbing him with a fork.

 

Seokjin chuckles and continues to finish his dessert.

 

After Seokjin finished the piece of cake and hot chocolate, he stands up, picks up his plate and approaches the barista. "Thank you for the usual, Jimin." Jimin looked at Seokjin and took the plate and mug.

 

"Why did you bring it here? I could have picked it up later."

 

Seokjin shook his head. "You're busy. Thought I could save you the trip."

 

Jimin's expression changed a bit more serious which caught Seokjin off-guard. The barista places his head on the counter. "Seokjin, I know something is wrong. Please talk to me." Seokjin sighs and shakes his head.

 

"Thanks for the cake. It was delicious!" Seokjin returns to the table, picks up his backpack then leaves the café without glancing back at the barista. He may have seemed rude, but he wanted to avoid talking out his problems. Especially to someone who knows his boyfriend.