Chapter 1

White Tulip

"Namjoon, we have to talk." Seokjin stares at his boyfriend, who is busy working on his monitor. It seems like he isn't going to pause at any minute, so Seokjin back-hugs him thinking that it would catch his attention, but to no avail.

 

Seokjin sits back on the mini couch quite frustrated. Seokjin knew that when it came to music, his boyfriend's surroundings are a blur. And he hates it. He envies music for being so appealing. What did music have that he didn't?

 

Seokjin glances back to his boyfriend who has his hands placed on the arm chair rest as if he is going to stand up. In which he did - not even sparing a glance at him.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

His boyfriend glances at him. "Coffee."

 

Great. Now he pays attention to a coffee machine than me.

 

Seokjin steadies his gaze to his boyfriend. The way he glances back and forth from his PC to the coffee mug on his hand. He watches as his boyfriend tries to pour coffee in the mug carefully. His hand is trembling from the weight of the coffee pot. Seokjin can't bare the sight anymore and moves towards his boyfriend, snatching the coffee pot from his hand.

 

"You need to be careful! Can you not just pay attention on pouring coffee in your mug, THEN look at your PC? You're always so careless. Good thing I'm here to help you before you spill the coffee all over the floor and on yourself. You know how sticky the flo-" Seokjin is interrupted with a peck on his lips, "-or can get." His boyfriend chuckles as he spots a tomato red Seokjin.

 

"I know. Thank you for helping babe."

 

Seokjin straightens his back and softly hits his boyfriend's arm. "You idiot. Do you think by stealing a kiss from me is going to get me to shut up?" His boyfriend nods. Seokjin glares playfully and continues. "Well… you're wrong because-" Another peck on his lips. "Stop it Namjoon! You can't do that. I've been trying to get your attention the moment I walked in here and all you've done is pay attention to your PC. You don't deserve it." Seokjin crosses his arms and turns around with pouty lips.

 

"I do deserve it and I already stole a peck from your delicious lips. Can't take it back now, can I?"

 

He is right but Seokjin can't admit defeat. He has to have the final say, but why can't he come up with something? He can't let Namjoon win just like that. He has to come up with something fast.

 

"I'm leaving." The answer sure was fast, but the words slips out before he processes it himself. He grabs his backpack from the empty seat beside him and moves towards the door when his boyfriend takes his arm by surprise.

 

"Seokjin, look, I'm sorry." Seokjin stops his tracks and faces his boyfriend who seems taken back. "I'm sorry. I really am, but I have a deadline to meet. You know how important this project is to me. Don't leave me."

 

Seokjin lowers his head apologetically. He knew the project means everything to him, yet here he is acting like a brat who doesn't get the attention of a parent. He faces his boyfriend and shrugs off his arm.

 

"I'm a busy person too, Namjoon. You called me and I came. Next time, call me when you're not busy." Now it was Namjoon's turn to lower his head apologetically. Seokjin raises his right hand to Namjoon's right cheek and caresses the skin with his thumb as they both stare at each other. "I know you want me to see how y you look when you're working, but I want to spend time with you. We haven't been near each other for 2 weeks now, at least pay attention to me as you have me here."

 

Namjoon removes Seokjin's hand from his cheek, grabs the left hand and holds them tightly. He raises Seokjin's hands and softly brushes his lips against the delicate, soft skin. Seokjin hates the fact that his boyfriend could make him feel like jelly even by the slightest touch. Well, he doesn't necessarily hate it per se, but the latter is such a romanticist, anyone would fall under his feet.

 

After what seems like an eternity, Seokjin removes his hands from Namjoon's hold and holds the straps of his backpack. "I have to, um, I have to go now." Seokjin awkwardly looks around avoiding Namjoon's electrifying stare. 

 

Namjoon nods, smiling at his boyfriend. Then, he takes Seokjin in his embrace tightly as if he's afraid that the latter would vanish from him any time soon.

 

Seokjin, on the other hand, suppresses the tears that threatens to roll down his cheek. Although he knew that he'd still continue to see Namjoon, it feels as though, this would be the last time he is going to see him. The last time he'll feel his warm arms suffocating him. The last time he'll see that smile that he grew to love. And he hates it. He hates to be pessimistic at such a beautiful moment like this, but he can't help it.

 

A few seconds later, they let go off each other and awkwardly smile. The thought of sharing the same keen feeling made them shy. Seokjin fixes the strap of his backpack on his shoulder, purses his lips and waves his hand, then leaves the room without giving his boyfriend a chance to say goodbye.

 

He didn't expect things to go downhill at such a fast rate. His small intent of leaving the studio as a joke ended up with him actually leaving his boyfriend behind feeling guilty.

 

Seokjin bangs his head with his fist. How could he be so insensitive and stupid? He barely has the chance to see his boyfriend and he screws up because of his immature nature.

 

As he exits the building, Seokjin's phone rings. He grabs his phone out of his pocket and checks the caller ID. He sighs and proceeds to answer the call.

 

"Yes father?"

 

"Kim Seokjin, come home NOW!"

 

Seokjin grimaces and replies, "Father, I have to meet my study group to prepare for an upcoming test."

 

"Bull, you were with that weren't you?"

 

He couldn't believe what came out of his father's mouth. He knew his father dislikes Namjoon, but this time, he has gone too far.

 

"You know what, I'm done." He hung up before his father would reply. He knew that he'd be in major trouble for disrespecting his father, but he couldn't let his father disrespect his boyfriend.

 

He turns off his phone and shoves it in his pocket. It's the wrong thing to do, but at this moment, it's what's best. He wants to think some more before anything happens.