Substitution

His Substitute

CREDITS TO LATIENZA for the very beautiful poster! :) It's simply Ah-Mazing!

1st: Substitution

 

Woori

 

“Hello?” I greeted happily as I picked up my phone. You see, tomorrow is my wedding day; tomorrow will be the happiest day of my life. Tabi J

 

“Sakura, you have to comeback here in Japan. Your mission is over and we have gathered important information about Tabi already,” I heard my mom ordered me.

 

Woori is not my real name. I’m from Japan. I’ve been sent here because of Tabi but I did not know that I’ll fall in love with Tabi.

 

“Wh-what do you mean ma?! Tomorrow is my wedding day and I can’t possibly leave Tabi alone! I’ve told you and pa already that I’m leaving the mission!”

 

“Your father totally disagrees to that plan of you staying there! Everyone here wants you to have a happy life but a part of our organization won’t allow you! They’ll ruin your life! They will… spill your identity to your Tabi. ” My mom explained the hardest situation ever.

 

I hung up. I knew this day is going to come. I’ve decided to have a new life here in South Korea but it turns out I have to finish things first.

 

I then decided to write a letter addressed to the two most important people in my life staying here in South Korea. I have to leave but I shall return. As I went out my apartment I was welcomed by my bodyguard, “Ms. Sakura, I’ll carry your luggage.”

 

“Thanks Jun but can I ask a favour?”

 

“Anything Ms. Sakura.”

 

“I have to say goodbye to my friends first before going back to Japan.”

 

“No problem with that Ms. Sakura.”

 

TOP/TABI

 

I’m having a hard time in finding the necklace Woori bought for me. “Why can’t I find it?” I whined as I searched through. This can’t be a bad sign right?

 

“Tabi, Tabi! Open the door!” I heard the hard knocking and so hurtful to my ears scream of Bom.

She’s the bestfriend of Woori who is sometimes… weird and boyish.

 

“Hey, hey what’s the beautiful best friend of my bride doing here?” I asked as I made a way for her.

 

She then handed me a letter. “What’s this?” I asked as I opened.

 

I looked at her as I felt hesitation in reading. “Read it Tabi.”

 

After a while…

 

I read the most heartbreaking letter ever written. I cannot fully decipher what was written. Is she saying goodbye?”

 

"Are you sure this is true Bom?"

"Yes I am Tabi. I have called her for the nth time but she won't take it."

"What am I going to do? Why did she leave? What does she mean by figuring it out?"

"Cancel the wedding first Tabi. We have to find her."

"I can't. My mom who has not seen her ever since wants to see her badly. I can't break my mom's heart."

"What are we going to do?" 

"Bom, will you be Woori's substitute for tomorrow?"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Please, for my mom and for Woori. It'll be only until Woori comes back Bom. Trust me."

"..."

 

It must be because of the shock that I was able to say those things. “Bom, you have to help me. Please, I promise that even if we’re married, I won’t barge in your activities,” I pitifully begged.

 

She gave me a disgust look, “How could you think of that?! We will find Woori!”

 

I looked and down and realized my mistake. “I’m sorry my mom has always wanted to see her. She even made this trip just witness our marriage. I don’t want to upset my mom and at the same time make Woori look bad,” I explained.

 

My mom is currently living in Canada with a foreigner. At first, I wanted to come with her but I realized that South Korea is still the best place for me.

 

“It’s okay. I understand. We’ll find her in separate ways okay?”

 

“What if Woori won’t come tomorrow?”

 

“Woori is not that type. Call me okay?” she suggested.

 

They’re the total opposite of friends. Woori is 100 percent girly while Bom prefers hard rock styles.

 

BOM

 

What’s up with this best friend of mine? People always say I’m very weird. Like she’s even weirder! She’s lost at the day before her marriage? I knew it she was acting way too weird these past days.

“I’ll kick your you Woori,” I said as I get inside a taxi.

 

“To Panda Club please.”

 

 

“Hey Seungri, have you seen Woori here?” I asked the owner of Woori’s favourite clubbing place.

 

“Hey Bom! Woori? Yes she was here two hours ago and said unusual things like she’s saying goodbye. She sounds drunk but hasn’t taken anything yet,” he answered as he grab a lady’s hand and whispered things that are flirty.

 

In my head, “Eww. What a flirty friend.” In my mouth, “Did she tell any specific place before leaving?”

 

“She said she’ll love to eat in Minzy’s haven first.”

 

“Thanks!”

 

 

“Minzy, have Woori eaten here?” I asked Minzy, one of our common friends.

 

“Yes unnie! She even take out so many foods like she’s going to travel at some other place,” she explained as she cleaned one table.

 

“Did she mention about a place?”

 

“Yes. She said she’ll love to dance right now in Taeyang’s Studio.”

 

“Thanks Minzy.”

 

“Any problems Bom-unnie?”

 

“No, nothing,” I lied.

 

I entered the studio of Taeyang filled with music. “Taeyang!” I tried to call out.

 

“YES?”

 

“Wow, you’ve got to be wearing shirt before showing your abs to me.”

 

“Like it’s new to you. So what brings you here?”

 

“Minzy said Woori wanted to come here. Did she?”

 

“Yes and she even murdered some of my dance steps. She was wild. Any problem?”

 

“Did she mention about a place?”

 

“Place? She said she wants to visit ahjumma first.”

 

“Ahjumma who?”

 

“The ahjumma who teaches her some values that is weird. I’ve gotta get back to dancing.”

 

“No problem and Thanks.”

 

 

One place led to another. Lastly, I was resorted in her apartment. “Glad that I have her duplicate key.”

 

I found that all her things were missing that only her simple wedding dress was left behind. She also left our group picture in a frame. How could you do this Woori?

 

Because of hopping from one place to another, I dozed off in her comfy bed.

 

 

The next day,

 

“Uhmmph!” I whined as I heard my phone rang for the nth time. I have to stretch also.

 

“Hello?!” I answered grumpily.

 

“I… I haven’t seen her. It’s a hour and a half before the wedding will start. My mom is starting to suspect,” I heard the most worried tone in my life.

 

That’s when I came back to my sense. “GOSH! What did I freaking do?!” I scolded myself while still on phone.

 

I heard him sigh, “I guess I have to cancel the wedding.”

 

I’ve decided the dumbest thing ever, “Substitution.”

 

He was confused, “Huh?”

 

“Duh! I’ll be replacing Woori for this. Gaah, I’m really going to kick the of my best friend!”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I DO NOT KNOW but one thing is for sure, I’ve gotta get ready! Byeee!” I said as I hung up and started to prepare myself.

 

Thanks to those who subscribe!

Please do comment also, feel free!

Next chapter title teaser: Broken Vow

What’ll happen when you vow to a wrong person?