I've Got A Feeling

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This was insane. There was no way he was going to do it. No way.

Chang Wook was standing high on a rock, staring at the crystal-clear pool as water tumbled down over the rocks to the depths below.

Nope.

He looks at JiHyun and she just smiles, her hands holding his.

"On the count of three ok, Oppa?  

One....... 

Two.......

Three.!!!"



And just like that, he jumps.  For long seconds he seems suspended in motion; weightless in the air. But in the next, freezing cold water shocks his system as he plunges into the icy depths.
 

Chang Wook surfaces and gasps for air, his lungs protesting the cold. He turns around anxiously to make sure JiHyun made the jump ok and sees her treading water nearby, her face alight with laughter.

"Wasn't that great!?" she calls out, "Want to do it again, Oppa?"

Chang Wook's heart is pounding; whether from the cold or from the insanity he doesn't know. But, looking at her glowing smile, he grins too. That had been some jump; he still can't believe they had done it.

As for going again...

He looks back up at the rock. Down here, the distance seemed deceptively low; but from up there it had been a long way coming down. 

"Let's swim for a little bit," he laughs, before smoothly diving under to venture out further in the pool. Chang Wook had been a swimmer during his school years and he slices effortlessly through the water with long, smooth . After a while the chill feels more tolerable and he turns to watch JiHyun floating calmly in the emerald waters.
 

They were in a section of the Hyodon river where the water tumbled down to collect briefly near a beautiful natural grotto. It was tucked away, surrounded by the forests just outside of town; but there was no one else around. Perhaps this was because it was far from the beaches. Or perhaps, as Chang Wook suspected, the cold waters fed by the melting ice of the slopes deterred most daytrippers.

Right now it was just the two of them here and it felt like their own little corner of paradise.

He watches as the water laps gently against JiHyun, noticing the way her wet clothes molded to the curves of her body. Earlier, when she had suggested they go for a swim, he had wanted to say yes but wasn't sure; after all they hadn't brought any swim clothes or towels.

But JiHyun had just laughed and that here, on the island, people had been swimming and diving before such things existed. So he had taken her up on her challenge and followed along willingly as she led him to this hidden crystal pool. 

The issue of clothes seemed to be dealt with when JiHyun simply stripped off her shirt and kicked off her sandals, leaving her top and shorts on. She beckoned him to climb up the rocks near the waterfa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter