Chapter 4 : More alcohol

I'm still here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

« I’ll see you tomorrow Wonwoo, try to sleep. » Soonyoung said to his friend as he left the  room.

Jun just got home from hanging out as well. As Soonyoung was leaving the apartment he explained to Junhui that Wonwoo was drunk and sad so Junhui went to check on him.

 

« Are you okay Won ? Do you need anything ? »

Wonwoo was laying on his bed with his phone in his hands, trying to reply to Mingyu’s text.

 

« I’m fine thank you. »

Junhui left his room and went to sleep.

The alcohol in Wonwoo’s bloodstream made it difficult for him to type on his phone, however he persisted and texted Mingyu back waiting for an answer.

 

Mingyu POV

11:42pm

[Wonwoo]

Hyeah wwhy

 

Mingyu pressed the call button as soon he got Wonwoo’s text.

The phone rang for a few seconds before Wonwoo picked up the call.

 

“Wonwoo.”

“W-why did you... Call me?”

“I wanted to. Can’t I ?”

“Of course you can..Min...Gyu.”

“What- Why do you sound like that?”

“Like what ?”

“Ah you drank ?”

“Me ??”

“Yeah who else?”

“Y...Yeah a little”

“Without me ?”

Mingyu heard Wonwoo giggle over the phone.

 

“I thought- Nevermind.”

“What ?”

“I thought you wou-wouldn’t like to drink with me.”

“Why that?? You’re my friend no ? Isn’t that what friends do together ?”

“Friend ? I’m your friend ?”

“Bestfriend.”

“Oooh.” Wonwoo fakes a surprised voice.

“Anyways. I actually need, I mean want to drink right now.”

“Ughhh dude I can’t right now.”

“Are you home now ?”

“Yeah. I’m in bed.”

“I’m coming to pick you up.”

“To wh-“

 

Mingyu ended the call before Wonwoo could  decline his invitation. After hanging up he looked at his phone in despair waiting for a text of his girlfriend, he opened the conversation and scrolled through it.

10pm

“Lisa I’m sorry I shouldn’t have reacted this way...

Don’t be mad please”

 

10:30pm

“Babe ??”

 

10:45pm

“Answer me at leasttt :(“

 

11:13pm

“I’m sorry :( Don’t ignore me please let’s talk it out..”

 

Mingyu put his phone in one of his pocket and grabbed a jacket before leaving. He walked down the stairs until he got to the hall and left the basement. He got in his car and started it without hesitation before driving to Wonwoo’s place.

While driving his thoughts were filled with both Lisa and Wonwoo. When he stopped at a red light he looked out of the window to see the busy streets, he widened his eyes when he saw a group of girls walking, he recognized Lisa in the group with a tall guy. He thought of leaving his car and going to her to talk to her about what happened a few hours ago. He decided not to and continued driving when he light went green.

 

Wonwoo POV

After Mingyu hung up, Wonwoo tried to get up and went to the bathroom to refresh himself.

His eyes were bloodily red, probably a mix from the alcohol and emotions, his hair was all over the place, he sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror and made himself presentable again.

He heard the doorbell ring. He hurried to change his clothes and opened the door.

 

“Hey.”

“Ah you’re there.” Wonwoo stepped on the landing, closing the door.

“Let’s go.” Mingyu said as he grabbed Wonwoo’s arm  and started walking down the stairs.

“Where ?”

“To my place.”

“I thought you wanted to ...Drink?”

“Yeah but I don’t wanna go out.”

 

Wonwoo didn’t add anything and followed his friend. They both got into Mingyu’s car and left the parking lot to go to Mingyu’s place. On the passenger seat, Wonwoo tried to text Junhui with his heavy fingers and blurry vision.

“So.... What’s going on?” Wonwoo asked Mingyu as he was typing on his phone.

“I had a fight with Lisa.” Mingyu honestly replied his friend, a knot forming in his throat.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

Awkward silence settled in as Wonwoo ran out of conversation. Mingyu tried to focus on the road but obviously Wonwoo asking him about this wasn’t helping him.

 

Wonwoo looked at his phone as he recieved a text from Junhui.

12:10am

[Junnie]

Are you gonna sleep there ? :( I’m gonna leave soon you know

Junhui replied to Wonwoo’s text on how he was going to Mingyu’s place and wasn’t sure if he would get back home before the morning.

 

Wonwoo sighed because he wanted to spend the little time left he had with Junhui but he couldn’t leave Mingyu alone in this state. He looked at Mingyu. “A-are your parents home?”

“No they left for 2 days. They wouldn’t mind having you at home anyways. Why?”

“I don’t know if I should... Go back home or-“

“No, no, you sleep at my place.”

“But Jun...”

“What about me then ? You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter