Chapter 3 : So-called bestfriend

I'm still here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 :35pm :

[Wonu]

Did you got home safe ?

 

Mingyu smiled after seeing that text. He plopped down on his bed before answering to his friend’s text to reassure him.

He then stayed here. Laying down on his mattress, thinking. Thinking about this afternoon he just spent with Wonwoo, he was happy but something was bothering him and he couldn’t figure what was that. What was that odd and displeasing feeling ? He could feel something in his gut he didn’t appreciate. He started thinking about his girlfriend, somehow whenever he would think about Wonwoo, he’d think of Lisa afterwards and vice versa.

A loud ring stopped his thoughts.

He got up and went to the door to open it.

It was her. He smiled at her and she hugged him.

He asked her to enter and she did, they both sat on the couch in Mingyu’ small living room.

 

 

« I’m in front of your building, come down ! »

« What do you wanna do ? » Wonwoo replied as he was putting shoes on.

« I’m hungry. I’ll treat you ! »

« I’m coming. » Wonwoo said, laughing before hanging up.

 

Wonwoo quickly put on a coat before closing the door of his appartement. He walked down the stairs as he checked his social media accounts, he opened Instagram like he would usually do, as he scrolled down his timeline he came across a picture that Mingyu just posted.

He stopped himself, phone in his hands. The photo he was seeing was a photo of Mingyu and his girlfriend, apparently at his flat, no ; surely. Wonwoo recognized the background immediately, this place where he spent so much time with Mingyu. On the picture, Mingyu was holding Lisa in his arms, they both had a smile on their face, looking happy.

Wonwoo walked again but kept his eyes on his phone screen, looking at the picture, speechless, before someone bumped into him.

 

« Can’t you watch where you’re going ? » A tall man told Wonwoo, slightly angry.

Wonwoo dropped his phone as both of their bodies bumped, he excused himself and quickly picked his phone back which was on the floor. As he picked it back, he saw the screen cracked and that photo again, as if that cracked screen with Mingyu's photo betokened the situation which Wonwoo was in with Mingyu.

Wonwoo put his phone in his coat pocket and continued to walk down the stairs to meet with his friend.

 

"Ah finally ! Dude you live at the second floor what took you so long ?"

"Ah... Sorry."

His friend, Soonyoung.

They met a few months ago but were already very close, Soonyoung would always ask Wonwoo to hang out with him, especially to eat. They met in the library. Soonyoung wasn't a lover of the library unlike Wonwoo, but one day he went there with his classmates and saw Wonwoo.

He saw him like he saw the rest of the persons in that place and so didn't really mind him. However, he went there again, a second time, to work on another project and saw Wonwoo again;  a third time, and so on. At some point he went to the library just to see him again.

He asked his friends to go with him, which they found odd because he isn't that type of person that loves to go to the library either to study or read. After the umpteenth time, he just admitted to his friends why he actually goes to the library these days.

Since then he started calling him "library boy", cliché but he loved it and couldn't bring himself to go ask his actual name. The library boy always seemed so peaceful and somehow chic to Soonyoung. He was — most of the time — sitting in that chair, wearing a long and chunky sweater, reading a big book. He would wear warm colored clothes coordinating with his brown hair and his eyes.

 

He noticed that on Thursdays, he would come to the library with a friend. One that was taller than him, and that had a wide smile when they met. He overheard one of their conversations once and found out that his friend was called Mingyu, after that day he never came back to meet with Wonwoo at the library.

 

One day Soonyoung found some courage and went to talk to Wonwoo. Now they're here, hanging out on a Friday night.

 

"So... Are you gonna tell me what's going on or not ?" Soonyoung asked his friend as he sat on a chair at this barbeque restaurant.

"What ? There's nothing going on."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter