Chapter 1 : Aren't you my friend ?

I'm still here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo checked his hair one more time in the mirror, grabbed his coat, stepped out of his apartment and locked the door before walking down the stairs. Today he was meeting with his close friend Mingyu, at the park like they used to every weekend; things are different now, it has been two weeks since they saw each other not because Wonwoo didn’t want to anymore but because he had to share Mingyu with this girl now.

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo had known each other since they were three years old, living in the same neighborhood, going to the same school from kindergarten to high school. Always together, always in the same classes, they were inseparable. When Wonwoo was there Mingyu was too, when Wonwoo was sick as he tends to get sick easily, Mingyu would skip school to go to Wonwoo’s house and take care of him and play with him. They stuck together all this time, nothing could have broken this beautiful bond, that’s what Wonwoo thought during this blissful time that is now the past.

 

« Hey, Wonwoo ! » Mingyu said in a loud voice waving to his friend.

« Hi, Mingyu. »

« How are you? It has been a long time, no? » Said Mingyu, sitting on a bench with Wonwoo.

« Yeah. I’m good thank you. What about you? Is everything okay? »

« Oh yeah! I went to the movies with Lisa yesterday night we had so much fun ! » Mingyu said, smiling.

« Oh.. Yeah I saw the pictures you posted. »

« Haha it was so nice, and the day before we went to the amusement park, we ate ice cream and I won a big teddy bear for her! She was so happy. » Mingyu was explaining to Wonwoo with a wide smile on his face.

« Oh yeah? You too? You were happy too ? »

« Yeah, very. » Mingyu said nodding fervently at Wonwoo.

Wonwoo was listening to Mingyu and smiling happy that his friend was happy, but this smile was bittersweet, his feelings were mixed, he was glad to see Mingyu happy but he wasn’t smiling when he thought of the reason of Mingyu’s happiness.

 

Two months ago, Mingyu called Wonwoo at 1 am on a Saturday night :

« Wonwoo I’m in front of your building »

« Wh- why at this hour? » Wonwoo asked, confused.

« Just come down please, please Wonwoo! »

Wonwoo grabbed his slippers and a jacket to walk down the stairs and meet Mingyu during the chilly night. As soon as Wonwoo pushed the door to meet his friend outside, the latter ran to him.

« Wonwoo !! »

« What is it? Is there something wrong? »

« Help me! »

« What what happened ?? » Wonwoo became worried.

«Nothing! You have to help me to make it happen! »

« What are you talking about? »

« Okay listen to me. »

« I’m listening. »

« I have to. I have to ask her out. »

A silence followed, Wonwoo didn’t know what to answer to Mingyu’s words.

 

« Wonwoo help me! How should I do it? » Mingyu said to his friend, ruffling his hair.

« Uhh... I don’t know. »

« Let’s go walk okay I’ll explain. »

 

The boys went to walk in the street in the dark night, Wonwoo listened to his excited friend explaining him about a girl he likes.

« You know this girl! The one who’s in my history class! »

«Yeah? Oh, yeah you keep talking about her. » Wonwoo suddenly remembered.

« You have to help me to find a way to ask her out. »

« Why me? »

« Aren’t you my friend ? As a friend you’re supposed to help me! »

« But you know I know nothing about girls and dating. »

« Oh come on you’re smart no? » Mingyu whined.

« Uh... I guess? »

« Okay so what I thought is I could meet her and [...] »

 

Like this, Mingyu talked about this girl he had a crush on for an hour, and asking Wonwoo what flowers should he buy her, what chocola

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter