Chapter 4

It Started One Night...But This Was Meant To Last Forever

The day before Christmas Eve in the USA

 

“Well…we did it!” Kazuya said as she sat in the hard uncomfortable chair in the airport. She and Maria were about to embark on the second leg of their trip. The one way trip to Tokyo, Japan.

 

“I know.” Maria sighs in satisfaction and looks over at her best friend. What they were both excited about was that they are able to travel to Japan earlier than expected.  And neither of their men knew they were coming early. If everything turned out right they would be landing in Tokyo on Christmas Eve night. There were going to be unexpected Christmas presents. “ I can’t wait to see Koki’s face when I arrive.”

 

“I can’t wait to see Jin’s when I tell him we have a bun in the oven” Kazuya laughed, Maria laughed with her.  Kazuya had told Maria about the pregnancy that Wednesday that she had found out. After talking about it and both realizing that they really didn’t want to wait a little over a week to be with the men in their lives they had been lucky enough to arrange earlier flights which happened to be on Dec 23.  And it was for that reason they had busted their butts to finish packing and divesting of their personal belongings that they would not be able, nor need, for the move to Japan.

 

The Saturday morning that they left they had supervised the big headache of UPS picking up all the boxes that needed to be shipped to Jin’s and Koki’s home. When Maria and Koki had had that steamy session of cyber Maria, on Friday the 21st of December, already knew that she would be flying out that Sunday the 23rd. So now in the mid afternoon she was sitting contemplating her new life that was just getting ready to begin.

 

“I hate that we have a lay over here, but what can you do?” Kazu said. She was tired as she now knew was the side effect of creating a new life.

 

Maria nodded in agreement. Looking over at her best friend she asked, “Are you feeling better? I know you were awfully sick on the plane earlier.

Kazuya had had a raging case of morning sickness that had inconveniently occurred during the landing of the flight into the LA International Airport.

 

“Yeah, but I can tell you one thing. I CANNOT wait until I get past this stage of being sick all the time.”

 

Maria laughs, “Yeah so we can hear about you grouse about the other symptoms that you will go though.”

 

“But of course” They smile. “While I think about it I better  read some more of that book I got.” The book in question that she pulled out of her carry on bag was What To Expect When Your Expecting. Even though at times the pregnancy was wearing on her Maria knew how excited and happy she was that she and Jin had made a baby.

 

That baby is going to be gorgeous, spoiled and totally blessed.Maria thought. Inside her heart was a small spark if envy, but Maria put it out because if God was as good to her as He had been to Kazuya her baby moments (yes more than one) would be coming soon.

 

“While you read that.  I’m going to go get something to snack on. What do you want.”

 

“Oh, if they have it a point of cookie dough ice cream”  Kazuya said without thought, even though there was a 70% chance that said ice cream would be coming back up latter.

 

“Fine Cookie Monster! Be back in a bit.”  And off she went while Kazuya continued to get comfortable while they waited to board the plane that would take them to the Land of the Rising Sun.

 

***

Monday, Christmas Eve, Tokyo Japan.

 

Jin walked into the high class Korean restaurant in downtown Tokyo. It was packed with patrons as they rested in between bouts of Christmas shopping. He was there to meet his friends Yampi, Ryo, Koki, Yuichi, Junnosuke.  The guys had all pretty much grown up together and had even gone to university together. As usual Jin was the last to arrive.

 

Yampi, whose real name is Tomohisa Yamaa was a close friend of the owner of the Korean restaurant that they were meeting at and so he was able to secure a private dining room for them, so when Jin announced who he was the waitress/hostess lead him to a room off to the side of the establishment. Before he slide the door open he could hear his rowdy friends laughing and punking each other.

 

“Glad to see all of you are having fun” Jin greeted them as he entered into the room. Immediately sitting in the chair that was left for him he glanced over at the waitress and gave him his drink order. “I’ll have a jin and vodka”.

 

The waitress left to fill his request. The others already had their drinks.

 

“So where were you Jin? I mean its not like you’ve ever on time when we meet but since you’re not working today…” Ryo asked.

 

“I was outside trying to reach my wife. I hadn’t spoken to her today.”

 

“That just sounds so weird…you married...” Yamapi said.

 

“Are you kidding?” Yuichi Nakamaru exclaimed. “I about fell over when I heard the news.”

 

“It’s ing amazing! Jin, the playboy, the first out of our group to get married.“ Junnosuke Taguchi smirked.

 

“Yeah. I always said he would get the girl pregnant first, then marry her.” Koki chimed in laughing.

 

“Hey! I always said I would get married.”  Jin defended himself.

 

“We didn’t say you just didn’t want to get married just that we didn’t expect you to be first.”

 

“And she wouldn’t be pregnant either.” Yuichi needled. That remark causes the others to outright laugh while Jin pouts cutely in his seat.

 

At that moment the waitress came back with Jin’s drink order and then proceeded to take the food orders. Once she had completed that task she quietly exited again leaving the handsome men to the conversations.

 

“Koki, have you talked to Maria today?” Jin looked across the table at his friend.

 

“Nope. I keep getting her voice mail and she hasn’t been returning my calls today; which isn’t like her.” Koki answered.

 

“Hmmm…maybe the two are together packing or something?” Jin contemplated sitting back in his seat.

 

“No…I don’t think so. Maria told me Friday that they had finished packing everything.

“Try not to worry.” Yuichi said. “They maybe somewhere they both can’t talk right now.”

 

Yamapi nodded in agreement, “Just call them later tonight.” The others thought that sounded like a great idea and both Jin and Koki knew there was nothing more they could do at the moment. Jin decided to slightly change the subject.

 

“Speaking of a getting a girl pregnant then marrying her, shouldn’t you have done that?” Jin asked pointy at Ryo Nishikido.

 

Ryo was a single father who had never married the mother of his 4 year old daughter.  Ryo was nearly pushing 30 and had yet to marry.

 

Scoffing Ryo addressed the question, “I wasn’t every marring her. I knew from the moment I meet her she was only after my money. She was just an easy lay. That’s all.”

 

“If you knew that she was after your money you anticipated that she would try to get pregnant with a baby since it was obvious you weren’t marrying her?” Junno asked.

 

“Yeah, I did. But I had planned to only stick around for a couple of months tops. I hadn’t expected her to be with a child during the 1st month.” Ryo took a swallow of his drink, then smiled as he thought of his precious daughter. “although she is the best “mistake” I ever made though.”

 

“Tatsuya, thinks so too.” Junno added. At that Yuichi turned to Junno looking questioning at him. Seeing the unasked question on Yu’s face Junno answered, “Tatsuya Ueda is Rei’s school teacher, and Ryo’s new crush.”

 

At that Ryo’s face turned slightly red at the mention of Tatsuya.

 

“Wait!? Didn’t you date a Tatsuya Ueda a few years ago?” Koki asked.

 

“Yep, he did.” Ryo confirmed before Junno himself could.

 

“Is that even wise to date the same girl that one of your friends dated before you?” Yuichi asked.

 

“Not sure, but I am not dating her.” Ryo said.

 

“Only because she turned you down and not once but many times from what she told me when I saw her the other day.” Junno said with a smile on his face.

 

To be honest, Junno was not upset that Ryo wanted to date his ex-girlfriend. Tatsuya and he had decided a long time ago they were only meant to be friends, although Junnosuke had definitely wanted more but it just hadn’t turned out the way that he wanted it too. But he would admit he had fun watching Ryo stumble in courting the prickly Tatsuya.

 

“You know it would probably help if you didn’t insult her and stick you foot in your mouth so much.” Junno offered as advice.

 

Ryo groaned, “I already know that baka, but she just gets under my skin when she ignores me like I’m not there, like when I get Rei from school.

 

“Do I need to school you on courtship baka-Yo-Yo?” Jin asked laughingly.

 

“And have her kill me in the end. No thanks” Ryo frowned. The others laughed.

 

And it was then the food was served that the conversation turned to how to help Ryo win the heart of one Tatsuya Ueda.

 

***

Finally the wheels of the 747 touched down on the runway stopping safely in Tokyo Japan. And it was about time because Maria was starting to hyperventilate at being cramped in the airplane. Books and a Ipod could do so much to pass time on a cramped plane.  Kazuya for most of the trip had slept which Maria understood but it would have been nice to have talk to her some on the trip, but Maria figured she had the rest of her long life to chat with her best friend so she just let her sleep.

 

Unloading the plane took about 15 minutes then another 30 to claim their luggage. But once they finally exited the airport it truly dawned on Maria that she was in Japan. With that realization she became anxious again.

 

Kazuya took her cell phone off of Airplane mode, and noticed the voicemails that Jin had left. He had already called her six times.

 

“Maria, has Koki called you any today?” Realizing that she had her phone on Airplane mood for 24 hours she pulled it out of her purse and switched it to regular mode and her phone indicted that she had missed 4 calls and 5 text message. Biting her lip she looked over at Kazuya she nodded her head.

 

“We better head to our respective new homes before they both fly to America to find us.  Maria agreed.

 

Signaling for two taxis that prompt pulled up, Kazuya turned to Maria and hugged her.

“This is where we go our own ways.” Maria let her go, and Kazuya looked her in the eyes.  “No more worries. Things will be fine. Do you have the address I wrote in Japanese for you?”

 

Maria pulled it out of her purse and flashed it at her.

 

Smiling widely, Kazuya Akanishi said, “Let’s go meet our men”

 

***

 

For all of her talk about not worrying Kazuya was beginning to get a case of nerves herself as she sat in the back of the taxi as it expertly weaved through Tokyo traffic towards her husband’s house. It was now late evening around 8 pm.

 

She had no doubt that Jin would be ecstatic that she had arrived in Japan and earlier than expected, but she wasn’t so sure how happy he would be about the baby. Kazu knew that he wanted a family with kids in it but they had barely been married a month ago and she was having his baby. And what would his parents think? Would they think that he only married her because she was pregnant? Of course that wasn’t true since she hadn’t found out she was in this condition until almost three weeks after they had married. But all those fears and thoughts couldn’t help float through her mind.

 

As the driver took her closer to her new home she made her mind push those thoughts out of her head. She relaxed as the car rolled on, a smile on her face as she allowed the memory of Jin’s face to float in her mind’s eye.

 

***

Jin looked at his watch. It was late and he still hadn’t got in contact with his wife and he was beginning to worry. Was she okay? Why wasn’t she calling him back or picking up when he called? Did he need to fly back to America? He walked from the bar that he and rest of his friends had gone for drinks. Slightly tipsy he decided that he had made the right decision to take a taxi instead of driving his car tonight. Buttoning his coat up all the way he wrapped the scarf around his neck making sure to cover his mouth.

 

He walked a ways looking at all the couples that were out for Christmas Eve. In Japan Christmas Eve was the ultimate date night. Thinking about that Jin pulled out his cell phone contemplating whether to call her again. Deciding to wait til he got home, he put the phone back into his pocket, turning to hail a cab, out of the corner of his eyes he saw something in the shop window that caught his attention. The cab forgotten he walked over to the shop’s window. He looked at the advertisement for one of the rings that the store sold. It was a jewelry store, a very nice one.

 

Jin had already bought a Christmas present for Kazuya, several in fact, but one more couldn’t hurt could it? After all it was his goal to spoil him and any children that they had. At the thought of children he stopped again.  Oh man, when she gets here, I am ing her to no end. That would be the best thing if she got pregnant right away Jin thought, as he opened the door to the shop, the small bell ringing  announcing his entrance. One of the sells lady bowed in greeting. Nodding his head in acknowledgement he said, “Miss, I was wondering if you could show me the necklace that is advertised on the poster in the window.” And she promptly led him to the jewelry case.

 

One more gift couldn’t hurt could it?

 

After about 30 minutes Jin was back on his way to his home. The alcohol in his system was starting to let up and he felt more inclined to walk home. His place really wasn’t far from where he and the guys had gone to have drinks; it was about four blocks away.  Before long he turned the corner to see a taxi pull up in front of his place. The back passenger door opened and out stepped a woman.

 

Jin froze in tracks, “Kazuya?!”