Chapter 10

It Started One Night...But This Was Meant To Last Forever

Chapter Ten:

 

 Jin rolls over on his bed only to discover he is alone in bed. All he finds is a barely warm space where she has been sleeping. Raising his head he looks sleepily around the dimly lit room. Determining she isn’t in the bathroom or anywhere in his vicinity. Pushing the covers back he pads barefoot down the hall to the kitchen.

 

There she is, preparing breakfast for the two of them; dressed in another one of his shirts her hair still in a messy ponytail. At the smell of food Jin’s stomach growls loudly causing Kame to turn with a smile in greeting. Jin’s hair is a complete mess, yet his eyes are soft from sleep. Kazuya’s eyes roamed over his bare chest noting the slight red marks that she had left courtesy of last night’s lovemaking.

 

“Good morning…are you ready to eat? Breakfast is ready.” Kazuya says before she turned her attention back to the stove.

 

Jin snuggles against Kame’s backside, his face rubbing her hair. It smelled like raspberries; very sweet.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me? I would have fixed breakfast for you…” Kame smirked as she turns to look at him over her shoulder. “What?” Jin asked attempting, unsuccessfully, to look innocent. “Ok…ay…I would have BOUGHT you breakfast.”  he admitts.

 

“That’s better. No fibbing so early in the morning.” Putting some of the food on a large plate for her famish hubby she hands him his plate, shooing him to his seat. She follows soon after. Kazuya sat in her own seat but Jin just pulled her seat as close to his as possible. But he did allow her to eat in peace.

 

Eating in silence for a few minutes they both enjoy the quiet moment. Kazuya is the first to broke the silence.

 

“After breakfast go get dressed.”

 

Jin looks in confusion for a moment. It is the morning after Christmas. They hadn’t made plans for today. So what was up?

 

“We need to go dress shopping today.”  Kazu says as way of clarification.

 

“Why?” Jin asks as he stuffs his mouth. Kame’s food is always yummy to his tummy.

 

“New Year’s Eve silly. Tanaka Industries’ Annual New Year’s Ball…Hello? The one that Maria says that you attend every year…” Kazuya said. “At least that’s what Koki told her this morning. She texted that we come shopping with them as they go looking for an outfit.”

 

“Damn. I completely forgot. Yeah we do need to take you shopping. Where did she say they wanted to meet?” Jin asks.

 

Picking up her LG chocolate phone Kazuya pulls up the most recent text “Mmmm, Shibuya…she lists this district.” She turns the phone to Jin so he can read the message.

 

“I know that place. Koki and I used to hang out around there when we attended Todai.” Jin was looking forward to seeing Koki and Maria so he can share the happy news. Mentally running his schedule through his brain he remembers he has a appointment that afternoon. “I have a meeting at 4 pm but we can still meet them.”

 

“Arigato, Anata! You and Koki will bond; Maria and I will shop and bond while spending your money.”  She says this with a huge smile on her face as she stuffed the last of the waffles into . “Yummy.”

 

Jin laughs as he cleared the table of their dishes.  

 

***

Koki drives through the Tokyo traffic to meet the Akanishis.

 

“This traffic is insane.” Maria murmured. “This is what I call the downside of living in an enormous city like this.”

 

Koki smiles. “For me this is the norm. When I moved to Valley, (A/N: The made up city name. Remember, I never named the city that Hendrick’s Electronics is located.) I was like seriously? This is a major city?”

 

Valley, the city that Maria and her family had immigrated to, is the second largest city in its state but could fit inside Tokyo at least 40 times over.

 

“I know…Valley is small but it’s still a city.”  Maria pauses for a moment observing the traffic. “I won’t have to learn to drive in this madness will I?”

 

“No.” Koki’s smile is reassuring. “We have drivers on retainer. You can call one whenever you want to go somewhere in the city. I actually like to drive so I usually drive myself around except for when I go to work. I ride with dad then. He prefers to have one of drivers take him to work; something about him being less stressed when he gets to work.”

 

“Hmm…I can understand that. Speaking of your father, are you sure that it was okay with him that you took off today? I mean I didn’t expect you to stay home…”

 

“Are you worried Otosan will be mad?” Koki glanced over at Maria as he rolled the car to a stop at a red light. Koki takes her hand and caress the top of it. “Don’t worry. Dad understood and the conference call wasn’t major.”

 

“You know it feels funny not working with you anymore. I actually don’t know what to do with myself.” Maria laughs.

 

It is still up in the air what Maria would do in Japan in regards to her career. Will she work at the main headquarters of Tanaka Industries with Koki? Or will she find work on her own independently? Or just be a wife and mother? It is  still pretty unclear. At the moment Maria isn’t too worried about it. She felt that all the pieces would fall into place in due time.

 

“Yeah, it’s been weird that you and I don’t spend every day together like we did. It wasn’t until I returned back to Japan that I realized HOW much I love spending time with you.”

 

Koki pulls into a parking garage that was close to the establishment that they will meet Jin and Kazuya at. Swapping an electronic card through a card reader the gates to the parking garage opens. Riding up several floors Koki locates his parking spot. Getting out the vehicle they took the elevator down to street level. Koki walks with Maria’s hand snuggly in his. He is on cloud nine, he has Maria by his side and in a short time it would be permanent. The wedding couldn’t come fast enough.  

 

Greeted by a fashionable dressed sells-lady they enter the high-end shop.

 

“Good Morning! Welcome.” This is spoken in Japanese.

 

“Good Morning.” Koki answers.  Behind them the Akanishis walks in. “Hi guys! Perfect timing,” Koki then turns back to address the attendant that is patiently waiting. “Yes, I called and made an appointment for Ortiz Maria and Akanishi Kazuya.”

 

“Ahh…Hai. Tanaka-san. We have a special dressing room all ready. If you’re ready I will lead the way.”  Koki nods in agreement and the small group is led to a set of VIP dressing rooms. The rooms are elegant and large.

 

‘Okay, gentleman, I think you can leave us on our own now. Maria and I think we can spend your money without any problems. Which sgyways to my next command…hand over the credit cards,” Kazuya said, her delicate hand held out to Jin.

 

Koki laughs, “Jin, dude, how do you deal with all this sass every day?”

 

“Koki, for your information it’s not sass its confidence. Ne, Maria?” Kazuya states.

 

“I always thought so. And she does have a point Koki. We do know how to spend money.” Maria playfully adds.

 

“A common female trait,” Jin comments under his breath, he pulls one of his credit cards from his wallet, handing it to Kazuya who happily takes it with glee.

 

“Jin and I have shopping of our own to do. As for the credit card…, Maria, I already left it with the saleslady. Don’t hesitate to get whatever catches your eyes.” Koki leans into her space forcing her to look straight into his eyes. “Don’t worry about the cost, okay? Anyway let’s eat after we get done shopping.”

 

“But…” Maria starts but before she pronounce her objections Koki grabs her by the waist pulling her flush to his lean body. He kisses her objections away effectively ending the argument. Satisfied with the dazed look in Maria’s eyes he smiles. Nodding to Jin, who is smirking, they walk out of the store leaving the ladies to have fun for the next hour or so.

 

After a moment Maria narrows her eyes, her brain circuits finally getting back online realizing what Koki has done. He really needs to stop doing that Maria thinks to herself.

 

“Okay let it go girl. Let’s get shopping. Kame said as she pulled Maria to the racks of clothes that have been pulled just for them.

 

***

Maria had to admit that she was starting to enjoy shopping. She is still overwhelmed while she shops. There are so many styles, colors and fashion types to choose from. And in Japan there seem to be twice as many styles to contemplate. Tokyo definitely has a unique place in the fashion world.  

 

The sales staff serves them tea or sodas to drink along with snacks they serve while they review and try on various dresses. This is definitely the high life.

 

Kazuya knows she will have no problem adjusting; she already has the personality that can easily blend into this “high class” world. For Maria it was going to be that much harder.  Yet she is willing to admit, even if it is just to her, that she secretly enjoys the royalty treatment.

 

***

 

Koki’s one suit that he owns is becoming quite worn so he has to get another. After much debate he decides to buy two this time. Koki wonders for a moment if he can possible skip the buying of a suit for the wedding? Jin reminds him whose son he is and second that his future wife would want to go wedding shopping with him so he better resign himself that he will need to shop for his third suit very soon.

 

After about an hour and a half the four of them have completed their purchases and have now worked up quite an appetite to eat. Jin suggests a restaurant not that far from where they were.  Packing away their purchases in the trunk of their respective cars they found themselves inside the cool lush décor of a Japanese restaurant that serves traditional Japanese cuisine. Instead of individual rooms there is an open floor plan with a measure of privacy to the various tables due to the white drapes that separates them.

 

“Uau. Esta é a maneira legal.” Maria whispers as they are seated at their table.

 

“Hmmm…” Koki asks.

 

“This is posh. Are all the places you go to like this? Is there any average places that you go?” Maria asks, somewhat seriously.

 

“A little much?” Koki asks.

 

Maria nods her head. “A bit. It’ll take me a while to get use to the fact that you come from money. A lot of it.”

 

“Koki, I think you and I lucked up. We found two girls who don’t seem to care that we are rich. It’s refreshing.” Jin said. He glanced over at Kazuya who is studying the menu. “Are you going to be okay?” Kazuya looks up in confusion at Jin. “You’ve been eating American food. Will your stomach be okay”

 

Koki, who has no clue of Kazuya’s condition, looks on in confusion. “Kazuya, have you been sick?”

 

“Yes, but it will clear up, hopefully, in the next few weeks; at least that’s what the book says.” Kazuya says.

 

Koki is still confused. Jin notes the confusion on Koki’s face.

 

“You didn’t tell him?” Jin asks Maria. Smiling she shakes her head no. This is Jin’s special moment; he needs to be the one to tell his best friend the awesome news.

 

Jin then gets the goofiest grin on his face. “Kazuya is having my baby. In about 6 months’ time.”

 

“What the…Seriously?!” Koki asks looking between Kazuya and Jin. “So I win rest of the pool after all?”

 

“Pool?” Kazuya and Maria ask in unison.

 

“Yep, Jin, Ryo, Yamaa, Junno, Maru and I have a pool on who would get married first and under what circumstances. If Ryo had married his baby’s mother Maru would have won by a long shot.”

 

“Why does it should like there are certain pieces of information that are missing?” Kazuya said.

 

“Kazuya, I wouldn’t question it.” Maria looks over at Koki. “She wouldn’t like the answer would she Koki?”

 

The part that Koki had left out is due to Jin’s personality the fellas had discerned (incorrectly) that the only reason that Jin would marry anyone was because she was pregnant. The guys had been SHOCKED when they heard the news of Jin and Kazuya’s marriage. The fact that she wasn’t pregnant blew them away. Jin was honestly and truly in love. Now the ironic thing was that she was pregnant and no one knew, not even Kazuya at the time apparently. Realizing that he should have kept his clappers shut, especially from the way Jin looked at him, he decided to say nothing.

 

The waitress takes their order, thus saving Koki, they go back to the discussion of the impending birth.

 

“Wait, is the baby okay?” Maria asks. “You had alcohol when we were in Vegas.”

 

“I worried about that too, but the doctor assures me that the baby is fine. One episode of alcohol consumption will be okay.”

 

“You guys are so blessed. Married and already having a baby. I hate you Jin” Koki narrowed his eyes in playful disgust.

 

“Hey! I suggested you get married in Vegas…” Jin sang out.

 

“Don’t worry, sweetheart our time is coming.” Maria squeezes Koki’s hands. “Kazuya I hope you can be at the wedding. Tanaka-san is heavily hinting for a June wedding. That’s at the nine month mark for you.”

 

“No worries. I wouldn’t miss this for anything.”

 

***

 

On the drive back Maria began to get tired and sleepy. The jet lag has caught up with her. Adjusting her body in the seat she turns her body towards Koki her  eyes at half-mast. Koki’s focus is on navigating the traffic so he is unaware that she is watching him. Maria just stares that him for a while. Koki’s hair has been pushed behind his ear so she has a full view of his profile. Her eyes caress the shape of his nose, the shape of his lip, again noticing how the bottom is fuller the top. She also notes the strength of his jaw and the curve of his brow. Even at the age of 30 he looks so young and y.

 

The swell of desire enters into her stomach and unfurls as it grows. There is little she can do to stop it although she is too tired to do anything about it.

 

Koki turns to glance at her for a moment before training his eyes on the road again.

 

“Jet-lag?”

 

“hmm…It finally caught up. You don’t mind if I close my eyes for a moment?”

 

Koki playfully tweaks her nose, “Sleep Sleeping Beauty. The Prince will wake you up with a kiss when the carriage arrives home.” Koki playfully winks to which she giggles. Koki never did get the hang of winking. But he was so kawaii when he tries.

 

“Hai…don’t forget I start my Japanese lessons latter tomorrow? Promise?” Maria yawns. Koki had promised every night after work that he would help her with the language and she was ready to start. Koki loved her determination and excitement in taking on this new challenge.

“I know…rest.” And  with ease, because she trusted Koki so much, she fell asleep with ease.

 

A/N: Hello out there! Do I still have any reader left? When I go to update this I see November 2012 on this story as being the last time I updated!! What! It was that long? But then I think about it. Yeah, my life was crazy around that time. So sorry for the late update. Although the story didn't progress much in this chapter, I tried harder to clear up my writing (i.e., grammar issues, style, use the active voice, etc). I hope that you can already see a differance.

 

updated 6/16/2013