Chapter Nine

It Started One Night...But This Was Meant To Last Forever

Chapter nine:

 

Well Christmas came and went with the next day Koki’s father, Yoshiro, returning to work. Koki arranged to take the day off as to spend some time with his fiancé before returning to the madness of work. Koki was only slightly miffed that he couldn’t share a bed with her but that wasn’t as important as actually being with her. So, he was really okay with the situation.

 

Koki knocked on the Maria’s bedroom door which thankfully was conveniently across from his. It was still undecided whether this was a blessing or a curse, but only time would tell. After a second or two he knocked again. Still there was no response. Quietly cracking the door open he peaked his head around the door. He saw the lump that he assumed was her body in the bed. Smiling, he quietly slipped into her room closing the door behind him softly. As he walked closer to the bed he could hear her sigh in her sleep. Curled up against a pillow as if it was someone she softly murmured some words, but her voice was too low for him to hear. Sitting on the end of the bed he looked down on her as she slept.

 

Then he heard her.

 

“Koki…harder….mmmm…” And Maria hugged the pillow tighter to her body as she turned her face more into the pillow. Her nails clutching the pillow, very much reminiscent of how she often scored her nails into his back as they made love.

 

There was a smirk on Koki face as he observed this. She was dreaming about him.  Quickly deciding to be devilish he climbed into the bed with her and wrapped his body against her back as he held her.

 

***

Maria’s eyes squinted against the morning light. She didn’t want to completely wake up from her dream.  She'd been sleeping so well and because for the next few months she was going to be less, she had dreamed of Koki and his fantastic lovemaking. Yet, besides that she had had other dreams about him; about them getting married, what the actual wedding would be like , of shared future smiles, hugs, kisses , giggles, arguments, and of course making out, ummm, making up. And finally about the babies that they would have, how they would look (a perfect mix of the two of them).

 

Maria smiled. She had never looked forward to future as she did now, with so much pleasure.

 

“Glad to see that you woke up with a smile.”

 

Maria stilled. She had went to bed alone so why was Koki’s voice sounding like it was directly behind her?  She cracked opened an eyelid when she turned her head and the first thing that she saw was the smile on Koki’s handsome face.

 

“Hi” Koki greeted. He moved his hands from around her hips to cup her face.

 

“Hi” she snuggled into his hand, experiencing the warmth it offered, the callousness of his fingers familiarly calming her.  “When did you come in?”

 

“About ten minutes ago…I wanted to be the first person you saw this morning.”

 

Maria wondered how she had become so blessed for the thousandth time.

 

“Arigato…but won’t you be in trouble?” her eyebrows scrunched in worry.

 

Koki smiled, it was just like her to worry about him. He appreciated how much she cared for him. And HE wondered for thank God for 1001 time for her.

 

“Naw…, we didn’t do anything and I didn’t spend the night in here…so…are you going to tell me what made you smile in your sleep like that? Koki asked so innocently.

 

“The future…” Maria smiled a she reminisce about the little boy that looked just like his dad. For a second Koki just starred then he broke out into a grin himself. 

 

“You are so Kawaii.” He then proceeded to pinch her cheeks, grinning goofily.

 

“Awah!! Stop Baka!” she laughed as she playfully swatted her hands against his that continued to pinch her. They both laughed. It was rather nice to just laugh with each other as something that was rather innocent in away and just be. It was the nicest way to wake up.

 

The bedroom door opened and a voice called out, “ I found him Mom! He’s in Maria-chan’s room!”

 

It was Juri-kun’s voice they heard as she stood in the doorway.

 

“YAH!!! Don’t you know how to knock?” Koki scrawled. Juri was impressed by it.

 

“Koki? What’s this?  Koki’s mother, Ai, asked as she came to stand at the threshold with Juri.

 

“It was SUCH a peaceful morning…” Koki muttered under his breath before he answered his mother. “I came to wake Maria up and greet her ‘Konnichiwa’

 

“Young man…”

 

Maria jumped to assure her future mother-in-law, “ Ano, It's nothing really, Tanaka-san Koki-kun did just come and wake me up. Seeing her look skeptically at her second eldest soon she added, “Honest.”

 

“Alright…I trust you Maria, as for him…I’m still debating.”

 

“MOM!”

 

“Hai, just kidding. Anyway Breakfast is ready. Papa already left for the office. Come on down. Okay?” Ai-san turned to Juri, “Come on let’s leave these two love bird alone.”

 

After they left Koki fell back against the pillows, pulling Maria with him holding her to his heart. After a moment of silence he said, “I was dreaming of the future last night too; actually of our wedding day. Mom wants a summer wedding…I’m not sure I can wait that long. I want to start our live together right now.”

 

Maria smiled against his heart.

 

“Baka, we have been living our lives together. But I understand. I want us to be official, official right now too, but as long as we are together…”

 

“I’m the happiest I can be.” Koki finished the statement that Koki had told Maria once in the early days of the relationship. “Hmmm. You heard Okasan, breakfast. I will let you get ready. I’ll meet you down stairs.” And he leaned his head down as he gave Maria the gentlest yet sensual kiss a man could give the woman that he loved.

 

***

Everyone was there at breakfast except for Otosan who had left early that morning before the sun ever rose, there was an early morning conference call that he had to attend to that morning. Although all of the lower level workers were off for Christmas break there were still important upper management issues that were taking place over the holiday. For a CEO there was never really truly a holiday.

 

Koki was the VP of Operations and oversaw the production lines and product innovations and R&D of Tanaka Industries. He was third in command of the company and was second in line to succeed his father as CEO of the company. Of Course his older brother was the immediate successor as he was VP of Management and had been in the company longer than Koki. Technically he should have had to attend this conference call meeting but as it was not currently affecting Operations he would sit this one out and would get briefed latter that evening when his father came home.

 

“Koki ? What are the plans for today?” His sister in law, Kaname, asked as she stuffed with a crepe.

 

“Maria and I are going shopping.” Koki said as she stuffed his own face with a crepe. He closed his eyes in pleasure. The chef had outdone himself again.

 

Maria looked up at the mention of shopping.

 

“Why?” Maria asked.

 

“You need a ball gown for the company New Year’s company party.” Koki answered.

 

“Yeah! That’s right! I had totally forgotten about that event.”

 

“I did too until dad mentioned it before I went to bed last night.”

 

“I want to go! Is Ryo-chan going to be there?” Suki Tanaka asked her brother.

 

“Yes, as will most of my friends.” Koki asked, he looked over to Maria. “Is it okay that we go today? If you don’t feel up to it you can do it latter.”

 

Maria shook her head. “No, I want to. The jet-lag hadn’t hit yet…So I’ll be introduced to your Japanese friends?”

 

“Hai. Don’t worry. They don’t bit.”

 

“Much” Subaru teased. Maria just laughed. That sounded about right. If she knew Koki, which she did, she knew his friends would be a one of a kind.