Epilogue

Last Farewell

 

 

“You were waiting for me.”

It was not a question, nor was it a statement. It was more of… confirmation to his doubts.

“I said we’ll meet again, then so be it. Fates allow us to.”

Here we are, in the park where we first met. Her yellow knee-length grass was swaying with the wind. Or was it not?

“I guess so too.”

She sat beside me; her fingers laced through mine, her head nestled on the joint of my neck and shoulder. As she always belong.

Silence crept, but it’s alright. Time no longer bound me or her, no longer attach us. We’re on our own.

“Have you found the answer?”

I felt her head shook slowly.

“I tried. But then fates told me, that the answer would be with you. So I wait.”

“How long?”

“Forever.”

“And now I’m here.”

 “… Then can you tell me? The answer?”

She looked up as I smiled at her.

“There’s us because there’s you and me. You are me, like I am you. We’re one. We’re whole. That’s us.”

Her eyes widened as she blinked.

“Us is you and me. I am you. Us,” she repeated. Her voice was in the tone of realization – she understood now.

I nodded.

Then I see that smile again, as she stared at me. Still the unique and exquisite her. Still the sunflower over the white roses.

 

Nothing lasts forever.

And we welcomed the nothingness wash us away.

Me and her.

She and I.

Us.

We last forever.

 

 

 

 

 

----- the beginning----

 

 

 

thanks for reading! let me know what you think of this story by type and post your comment in the lil cute box below~

 

 

till the next story,

 

GD