Past

Different

I was bored there was nothing to do today. My next appointment won’t be until next week. I checked my phone and saw that there was no messages. I sighed maybe I should check the box. I got up from my bed and walked to this corner where I hid my memory box. I took it out and went back to my bed and placed it there. I sat down and opened it. Inside was a advent calendar,some chocolate that I never got to finish because I don’t like dark chocolate, two letters, and a stuffed giraffe. I smiled as I picked up the giraffe and put it on my lap. I opened the leftover chocolate and although it didn’t smell bad you can tell it was expired. But I didn’t want to throw it away so I left it there. Then I opened the first letter which was a Christmas card. I had tears in my eyes as I read it. It was the first ever letter I received from Hongbin.

 

Granted I met Hongbin online on a vlive. While it was midnight for me it was barely the morning for him. I was going to go to sleep since the only people on the vlive were koreans and I knowing only a bit korean couldn’t really talk to them. That’s when Hongbin came in speaking English. I talked to him and we got along well. We swapped information and kept talking until the vlive started. After the vlive was over it was 5 am for me so I went to sleep. I basically slept the rest of that day. Then the next day it was my birthday because I was alone Hongbin spent it with me. You would expect it to be awkward since we had just met the day before, but it felt like I knew him for a long time.

Ever since that day we always celebrate every 4th together. I always like to consider the day we met a miracle because I met him the day before my birthday. Every time I would feel lonely Hongbin would always be there. Whenever I would come back from school feeling depressed Hongbin was always there to cheer me up. There were moments when my friends from school would catch me texting Hongbin and tease me about it.

 

“Are you texting your boyfriend again.” Hyuk said as he tried to look at my phone. I quickly sent the text and locked my phone. I then turned around and glared at Hyuk.

 

“For the last time he is not my boyfriend.” Hyuk rolled his eyes and sat down on the bench.

 

“Oh please you text him everyday, and I remember seeing your chat filled with hearts.” I blushed how did he see that since he isn’t in my last period!!

 

“You told me your password remember hyung.” Hyuk laughed as he read my mind.I sighed looks like I have to change my password again.

 

Then there was Jaehwan. I was explaining to him about the time me and Hongbin got into an argument.

 

“Hongbin keeps ignoring me!!” I said with a pout. Meanwhile Jaehwan rolled his eyes but hugged me.

 

“How do you know he is ignoring you what if he is just busy.” I got mad when I heard those three words. Hongbin always told me “I am busy” And yet I would always see him tweeting stuff on his Twitter with his friend Gongchan.

 

“He always tells me he is busy, but everytime I go on Twitter he is always tweeting with his friend!!”

 

“Then why don’t you give him the same treatment?” I looked at Jaehwan and smiled.

 

“This is why you're my best friend.”  So the next day I ignored Hongbin like he did to me. With the help of Jaehwan I did the same thing Hongbin did. The next day I woke up to an angry Hongbin. We argued until I made him realize how I have felt.  It ended off with both of us saying I love you to each other.

 

“Are you sure you are not dating because you guys act like an old married couple.”  Jaehwan told me as I retold what happened the day before.

 

“Yes I am sure we are just friends!!”

 

“Rrright.” I glared at him as I walked away.