Reconcilation

Different

I woke up to the sun hitting my eyes. I groaned and rolled over trying to go back to sleep. Somehow the light still hit my eyes. Annoyed I opened my eyes to see where the light was coming from. I then see Jaehwan with a flashlight in front of my face. I glared at him as I threw the flashlight on floor and rolled over.

 

“Yah hyung wake up it's already 11.”

 

“Since when did you care about the time.” I mumbled as I tried to get comfortable again.

 

“Usually I don’t but didn’t you say your doctor appointment was today.” I widen my eyes and sat up.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up earlier!!” I got off the bed and tried to find my shoes.

 

“I did but you kept rolling over in your sleep.” I sighed and put on my shoes.

 

“Next time remind me to set an alarm then.” I told him as I walked out of his room and headed for the stairs.

 

“Sure hyung” Jaehwan said as we went down the stairs.

 

“Alright text you later when I am out okay.”

 

“Alright hyung see you later then.” He told me as I walked out of his house. I must look like such a mess right now. I better hurry since my appointment is in two hours. In no time I made it to my house and started eating cereal. I was sitting at the kitchen table when my mom came.

 

“Ah good you're back you better get ready we are leaving in an hour.”

 

“Alright.” I finished my cereal and washed my bowl. I checked my phone and notice I got a message from Hongbin. I glared at the message what does he want now. I really wasn’t in the mood for that drama, but seeing how I had a lot of time left I might as well. I went to my room to lie down and opened the message. To my surprise it was a long message.

 

“Wait hyung don’t leave i'm sorry for what I said you're not annoying, and i'm sorry that I overreacted about you hating overwatch. I know that you're not much of a gamer and I shouldn't have yelled at you :( I guess I got too carried away with the game and I wanted you like it so we can play together. I understand if you don’t want to talked to me since I acted like a jerk.”

 

When I finished reading the message I realized I was crying. I wiped the tears away and smiled as I typed a response.

 

“You did act like a jerk, but i’m happy that you realized it and apologized :) Maybe I can try overwatch again, but only if you won’t yell at me and be patient with me.  I love you Hongbin and happy 10th month anniversary ;)”

 

The moment I finished typing the message my mom came into my room.

 

“Hakyeon are you ready to go?” I nodded and grabbed my earphones. Since the clinic wasn’t far from my house we usually decided to walk there. I put one earphone onto my right ear so I can still hear my mom with my left. As we started walking I decided to play Shangri-La by Bips I smiled as I listened to the song and kept walking. Three songs later and we arrived at the clinic. I sat down on a chair as I waited for them to call my name. Five minutes later I heard my name get called. I got up and did the usual measurements. I looked at my height and sighed still 5”10 why can’t I grow taller like Taekwoon and Wonshik. While sulking I walked to the room and sat down while they checked my arm pressure and stuff. Then the doctor came in and asked what was wrong.

 

“Well lately I have been having back problems to the point where I got paralyzed one day.”

 

“Have you been overworking yourself lately?” I looked up at the ceiling have I? I don’t think so nowadays because the pain is intense I can only dance for three hours.

 

“No I haven’t been doing much lately.”

 

“Then it could be that you don’t stretch enough.” Not stretch enough?? Of course I stretch a lot I am a dancer I basically stretch everyday.

 

“I always make sure to stretch every time before I dance.”

 

“We are going to have to get an xray of your spine then to see if you have any spine abnormalities.”

 

I widen my eyes what would happened if I find out my spine is messed up? Am I going to have to get surgery? Will I never get to dance again?? I started to panic and get scared. The doctor then wrote an address and gave it to my mom and left.

 

“Well looks like we are going to have to book an appointment at this place.” I heard my mom say and I nodded and walked out of the room to the exit.

 


 

I was laying down on my bed as my mom called the place to schedule an appointment when I heard my phone vibrate. Probably just Jaehwan since I sent him a message about what happened at the clinic. To my surprise it was Hongbin. I wondered what he sent. I opened the chat.

 

“Happy 10th anniversary and yes i’m sorry next time i’ll be more considerate of your feelings.”

I pouted "considerate of my feelings" and yet he didn't tell me he loved me back. Instead of pointing it out I sent another message talking about my visit to the doctor. After that I told Jaehwan the same thing. Once all that was done I put my phone down and looked up at the ceiling.  I still had this weird feeling yet I can't tell why. It was the first week of July and papers for school came meaning i'll have to sign those later. I sighed hopefully i will feel better tomorrow.