part iv.

This Summer, I Say

"Hey, you ever think Yuna sunbaenim's really pretty?" Eunbi absentmindedly let the comment slip from her lips while chewing on some rice. 

Yewon tilted her head and furrows her eyebrows, her chopsticks on her lips as she thought about Eunbi's sudden question. 

"Hmm, I guess she is," Yewon nodded her head in response with a little wrinkling of her nose. Putting a piece of meat into , she added, "I haven't seen her for so long and my memory of her as a kid is still vivid in my mind, but after seeing her again I could agree with what you said."

"And she sings too," Eunbi continued marvelling over Yewon's childhood friend, without realising that she was harping on a senior she barely knew. 

"She does?" Yewon's eyes widened at the information. 

"Mmhmm," Eunbi nodded and hummed a reply with her spoon in . "I saw her just now and she was performing on the guitar," she then reasoned.

"Heol, you know more about her than I do," Yewon softly chuckled. "How is she in Street Dance though?"

Beautiful, Eunbi thought in her head as an image of Yuna swiftly moving before the mirror of their studio flashed in her eyes. Her eyes widened when she realised her thoughts.

"Sunbaenim is- I mean-" stumbling over her words, Eunbi struggled to find a reply. "She dances well."

"Uwa, unnie grew up to be so talented," Yewon's eyes twinkled with her statement. 

A smile lingered in Eunbi's lips as the girls continued their lunch, Yuna remaining at the back of Eunbi's mind. 

 

Without much preparation, the words are out of . Eunbi doesn't care because Yewon's her best friend, but she cares that her feelings have finally found a way out rather than being bottled up within her. 

Yewon's hands slowly slide down from the computer in her lap. Frozen in surprise from Eunbi's revelation, Yewon only stares at Eunbi, causing Eunbi to grow red in embarrassment. 

"I-I realised it a while ago, but I couldn't believe it myself either, so I gave it some time and-" Eunbi searches for words, "-seeing her three times a week for the past semester is enough for me to confirm my feelings," Eunbi proceeds to explain herself. 

A smile spreads on Yewon's lips now that it starts making sense to her. "I'm so happy for you! Yuna unnie is a wonderful person," Yewon reveals her heartfelt reaction. "And I'm relieved if it's someone like you who will go after her," she adds with some giggles. 

"Wait- go after her? I don't think-" Eunbi is cut off by her best friend. 

"You don't have to do much you know," Yewon says, "just have fun for our trip and I'm sure if things are meant to be they'll settle in due time," her eyes are sparkling as she speaks. 

Eunbi gets a little teary at the advice she's just received, but blinks to not let any tears fall. "Gomawo, Yewon ah," she expresses her gratitude anyway.

Yewon smiles. "It's fine, just be happy because liking someone is no wrong," she places an arm on Eunbi's shoulder to give her a pat of encouragement. 

Eunbi smiles, more courageous than ever to face her running thoughts and palpitating heart. 

 

im rly sorry for leaving this hanging omgg but i came across the fic and suddenly decided to write an update hehe it's 2.41am now i'll proofread later on in the day!! i hope this chapter finds you well although after 1½ years omg haha so much have changed since then