part i

This Summer, I Say

March.

Eunbi and Yewon nervously stepped into their new school on the first day. They looked around with eyes darting from person to person, intimidated by how much older everyone looked without any school uniform on. Eunbi released a sigh, slowly letting the fact sink in, as they glanced around at the huge university campus.

"We should get going," Yewon said from beside her. No longer trapped within her thoughts of anxiety, Eunbi turned to Yewon and nodded. 

"It's scary," Eunbi casually commented, "Lucky I've got you whom I've known from high school."

"Excuse me, by any chance, could you be..." her voice trailed away. Eunbi watched as those oddly alluring brown orbs were warmly looking down to her friend beside her.

"Are you," Yewon gulped, "Yuna unnie?"

"Yewon!" the said senior gasped and smiled widely. 

Eunbi blinked, somewhat stunned by the sweet smile. 

The senior sighed and said, "It's been so long," she smiled with some nostalgia and takes a good look at Yewon. Eunbi felt so little with the two of them while she watched their warm reunion. 

"Oh, this is Eunbi, a close chingu from high school," Yewon placed a hand on Eunbi's shoulder and introduced her to the older girl. 

"Oh, nice to meet you," she stretched a hand out, "I'm Choi Yuna, second year here," she flashed a warm smile. 

Eunbi felt her breath stop, and her heart skipped a beat. 

 

June.

Eunbi catches Yewon walking over to her seat in the lecture theatre from the corner of her eye as she is just packing up at the end of the lecture.

"You know what Eunbi," Yewon says from beside her, "summer is coming!"

"So?" Eunbi nonchalantly mutters as she zips her bag up. She pauses, "The holidays are coming!" she then exclaims, a little too loudly. 

"Yeah," Yewon smiles with her eyes twinkling. The two walk out together, with an active discussion on how to spend their upcoming holidays.

"You know, we could go on a vacation to the countryside!" Eunbi suggests.

"That's nice!" Yewon's eyes light up as she agrees to the idea. "Let's go!"

"I'm so excited just thinking about it," Eunbi giggles.

"Yuna unnie would really like that too," Yewon casually adds before realising what she has said.

Eunbi feels her heart swell just at the mention of that name. Her footsteps stop and she turns to Yewon expressionlessly.

"Ah I'm sorry it was just a passing comment!" Yewon immediately apologises.

"No!" Eunbi shakes her head and denies the misunderstanding immediately, "I mean, you can ask her along," she tries to make herself sound more objective with the offer. Eunbi feels herself laughing inside her, embarrassed because she knows what she's doing and how desperate the situation seems.

"Really?" Yewon blinks, surprised.

"Yeah!" Eunbi nods her head and laughs awkwardly, scratching the back of the head.

"Okay, I'll ask her," Yewon smiles, "thanks!"

"It's nothing!" Eunbi grins, her heart thumping against her chest at the thought of spending a vacation together with Yuna.

In fact, it's more than anything I'm wishing for at this moment, Eunbi thinks as she smiles to herself.

 

been so long since the last time i've written and i'm not used to this anymore HAHA /awkward laughs/